Hell's Kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm also really bummed out about the end of Kitchen Nightmares...not that I was actively watching it anymore...I just liked knowing it was there.

It's cancelled completely?

Now who will Amy and Samy blame for all their problems? Focus on the real victim here, guys. :hmm:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Doesn't surprise me. I have no idea how Ramsay finds the time to do all the shows and run his restaurants, although he obviously has very little to do with his restaurants as soon as they're opened other than to have his name on the sign.

Even still, RIP The Fat Cow :sad: That was literally the only reason I ever had to go to The Grove when I'm in LA.

Well I'm just curious if anyone else is watching it, no point bringing it up if nobody knows what I'm talking about.

Ahran is such a little snotty shit, and Leslie is completely out of touch with reality. But the way people were acting when he was making his "picks" last night was pretty low too. I miss Masterchef Canada, at least it seemed like the people on the Canadian version of the show knew what they were doing.
I watched one episode 2 weeks ago, but the show really doesn't hook me. Only time I paid attention was a couple years ago when the dude Christian from Gloucester MA (where I lived from 98-06) was on.

Yeah I only started watching the Canadian version that came on and that really was only because it came on after the Super Bowl and I was too lazy to change the channel, enjoyed it and decided to watch the next one. I have never seen a US MasterChef before this one so I don't know if this is the standard but it seems to be following the HK standard (every commercial break is a predictable "cliff hanger" to the point where I know exactly when to pick up the remote to be ready to fast forward) a lot more. HK has a lot of incompetents who are just there for show (as you all know already) and the Canadian MC seemed to involve a lot more people that were genuinely good cooks (except for one lady who claimed to have made quiche all her life and when a challenge came that involved nothing more than making a quiche she somehow managed to make it taste "unpleasantly fishy" in the words of the judges without having any fish in it).

:shrug:

:lol:, I wasn't paying attention, so I thought she'd already won the jacket last week, it was just that obvious.

Scott should've been gone, what a bunch of BS. Just HAD to give 6 jackets, I guess.

Well I'm just curious if anyone else is watching it, no point bringing it up if nobody knows what I'm talking about.

Ahran is such a little snotty shit, and Leslie is completely out of touch with reality. But the way people were acting when he was making his "picks" last night was pretty low too. I miss Masterchef Canada, at least it seemed like the people on the Canadian version of the show knew what they were doing.

I love all of Gordo's shows and have watched them all from the beginning. I think I like Masterchef more than Hell's Kitchen at this point, but even better is Masterchef Junior, because the kids are great, not narcissistic a-holes like Leslie, and the obnoxious woman whose name I can't remember from last year. I know the producers pick these people on purpose to stir up the "drama", but after seeing the Junior episodes last year they should realize that it's really not necessary. I think most people would still be invested in the show even if all the contestants were likeable.

As for last night's Hell's Kitchen, yes Scott should definitely have gone home, but I guess kicking Gabriel out mid-service meant an elimination would have messed up the timing of the show. A shame Scott is doing so poorly as he seems like a nice guy. Melanie on the other hand - no idea how she has such an inflated opinion of herself.

Sometimes when a person gets kicked out mid-service, I find it kinda shitty, but last night, I was just sitting on the couch, mouth agape, and I looked to Travis and I'm just like, "Send him home. Just, let him go, he's gotta get out of here." Was very pleased when Ramsey made him go. Thoroughly enjoyed the Walk of Shame, too, :lol:

There was always that one other person that screwed up just a little bit worse that allowed Gabriel to slip by, but you're right in saying that there's no chance he deserved a black jacket.

Love Masterchef. Cant stand Ahran. I cant believe how skinny Graham Elliot is now. He recently visited my ballpark (SF Giants) and checked out the food, garlic fries, etc. and took some pictures with fans. That would have been cool to meet him.

Love Masterchef. Cant stand Ahran. I cant believe how skinny Graham Elliot is now. He recently visited my ballpark (SF Giants) and checked out the food, garlic fries, etc. and took some pictures with fans. That would have been cool to meet him.. .
Another reason I'm not that into the show is Joe...he seems to be a douche just for the sake of being a douche...like he thinks he can be the Simon Cowell of amatuer cooking shows, but he doesn't even come close to the wit and charisma of a Cowell or Ramsay.

I do like Graham when I have tuned in, and dude lost a ton of weight.

Joe is exactly why I don't watch that show. Though I enjoyed him on Master Chef jr.

*Masterchef
Crazy that dude went home for stealing another contestants pudding or whatever that was. And why does the baking chick Jamie talk like a small child with a retainer in their mouth.

*Masterchef
Crazy that dude went home for stealing another contestants pudding or whatever that was. And why does the baking chick Jamie talk like a small child with a retainer in their mouth.

I don't think he did it deliberately but the way he handled it was pretty classy I think :up:

And yes, it was intensely aggravating to hear her talk like that on last night's episode, especially considering she didn't talk like that on the earlier episodes. WTF?

And yes, it was intensely aggravating to hear her talk like that on last night's episode, especially considering she didn't talk like that on the earlier episodes. WTF?

It is annoying, but I'm trying not to judge her too harshly as I can't tell if she has "issues". I don't remember her bio mentioning anything at the beginning of the series this year. It's too bad she isn't more assertive - if she had announced that one of her dishes was missing maybe Tyler would have realized his mistake in time. Just out of curiosity, I wish they would have tried one of his panna cottas, but that would have been cruel if it turned out it was good.

As for Graham, yes good on him for losing the weight. However, and I feel bad for saying this because he seems like a really nice guy, but there is just something about his looks that creep me out, and the rapid weight loss has only made it worse. It's totally shallow and unfair, but can't help it. Maybe it's just those silly glasses, but they are obviously his "signature" look, so I don't think they are going away.

It was definitely her time to go. She could never lead a kitchen. Great chef, not a leader.

Indeed, girl could cook but she is definitely not head chef of a fine dining restaurant material.

MasterChef: who the heck saw Leslie and Ahran working together so well? I figured they would do a decent job but fight like cats and dogs the whole time, I'm surprised either of them were mature enough to actually put that aside and get a good dish out.

Also, Cutter, yes you guys farted around too long in the pantry but Ramsay's right, you need to grab as much as you can and not stand around and let Dan's indecisiveness screw you. Dan did screw him over somewhat but Cutter definitely shares some of the blame, and I would have thought that as an ex military man he would be the last to horribly blade his team mate quite so boldly. I liked him but I really lost a lot of respect for him with the way he handled that. And the fact that even though he cooked an individual dish in the pressure test and still managed to blame Dan 100% for it being so bad really reflected poorly on Cutter as well. :doh:

Can I just say I despise Courtney on MasterChef. I want to smack that smug look and big nose right off her face.

Can I just say I despise Courtney on MasterChef. I want to smack that smug look and big nose right off her face.

She certainly seems like she's probably Philadelphia's most intolerable stripper, that's for sure. I'd venture a guess to say that's probably not an easy title to achieve, either.

I've become a cynic about HK as there's not much that can surprise me completely (there's always a set up for the most part), but I totally did not see this past week's exit coming. Now that was sudden. :ohmy:

I have totally had a moment like that in my life, where I just got super caught up in being emotional, and walked out on a job. As soon as I got home and could breathe I was like, "Holy shit...what did I just do?" But that was a fast food gig, just out of college that was destroying my pride....not a TV Reality show where a life-changing career was at stake. I can't even imagine what she must have been feeling, if it was, in fact, reality.

Back
Top Bottom