Hell's Kitchen - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2014, 05:44 PM   #211
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I'm also really bummed out about the end of Kitchen Nightmares...not that I was actively watching it anymore...I just liked knowing it was there.

It's cancelled completely?

Now who will Amy and Samy blame for all their problems? Focus on the real victim here, guys.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 06-24-2014, 06:48 PM   #212
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:47 PM
Not canceled, per say, Ramsey doesn't want to do it any more, so he's ended it.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:53 PM   #213
Blue Crack Addict

Doesn't surprise me. I have no idea how Ramsay finds the time to do all the shows and run his restaurants, although he obviously has very little to do with his restaurants as soon as they're opened other than to have his name on the sign.

Even still, RIP The Fat Cow That was literally the only reason I ever had to go to The Grove when I'm in LA.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:56 PM   #214
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm sad it closed before I ever got the chance to go.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:13 PM   #215
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Well I'm just curious if anyone else is watching it, no point bringing it up if nobody knows what I'm talking about.

Ahran is such a little snotty shit, and Leslie is completely out of touch with reality. But the way people were acting when he was making his "picks" last night was pretty low too. I miss Masterchef Canada, at least it seemed like the people on the Canadian version of the show knew what they were doing.
I watched one episode 2 weeks ago, but the show really doesn't hook me. Only time I paid attention was a couple years ago when the dude Christian from Gloucester MA (where I lived from 98-06) was on.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:41 PM   #216
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah I only started watching the Canadian version that came on and that really was only because it came on after the Super Bowl and I was too lazy to change the channel, enjoyed it and decided to watch the next one. I have never seen a US MasterChef before this one so I don't know if this is the standard but it seems to be following the HK standard (every commercial break is a predictable "cliff hanger" to the point where I know exactly when to pick up the remote to be ready to fast forward) a lot more. HK has a lot of incompetents who are just there for show (as you all know already) and the Canadian MC seemed to involve a lot more people that were genuinely good cooks (except for one lady who claimed to have made quiche all her life and when a challenge came that involved nothing more than making a quiche she somehow managed to make it taste "unpleasantly fishy" in the words of the judges without having any fish in it).

Old 06-27-2014, 08:19 AM   #217
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Previews are always misleading. And I bet that Ramsay's reaction to Joy serving him duck that she has never cooked before is a lost leader as well and they'll all love her duck and she'll win the challenge in a landslide.
Ding
Old 06-27-2014, 12:35 PM   #218
Blue Crack Distributor

, I wasn't paying attention, so I thought she'd already won the jacket last week, it was just that obvious.

Scott should've been gone, what a bunch of BS. Just HAD to give 6 jackets, I guess.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #219
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Well I'm just curious if anyone else is watching it, no point bringing it up if nobody knows what I'm talking about.

Ahran is such a little snotty shit, and Leslie is completely out of touch with reality. But the way people were acting when he was making his "picks" last night was pretty low too. I miss Masterchef Canada, at least it seemed like the people on the Canadian version of the show knew what they were doing.
I love all of Gordo's shows and have watched them all from the beginning. I think I like Masterchef more than Hell's Kitchen at this point, but even better is Masterchef Junior, because the kids are great, not narcissistic a-holes like Leslie, and the obnoxious woman whose name I can't remember from last year. I know the producers pick these people on purpose to stir up the "drama", but after seeing the Junior episodes last year they should realize that it's really not necessary. I think most people would still be invested in the show even if all the contestants were likeable.

As for last night's Hell's Kitchen, yes Scott should definitely have gone home, but I guess kicking Gabriel out mid-service meant an elimination would have messed up the timing of the show. A shame Scott is doing so poorly as he seems like a nice guy. Melanie on the other hand - no idea how she has such an inflated opinion of herself.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #220
Blue Crack Distributor

Sometimes when a person gets kicked out mid-service, I find it kinda shitty, but last night, I was just sitting on the couch, mouth agape, and I looked to Travis and I'm just like, "Send him home. Just, let him go, he's gotta get out of here." Was very pleased when Ramsey made him go. Thoroughly enjoyed the Walk of Shame, too,
Old 06-27-2014, 02:51 PM   #221
Blue Crack Addict

He had no business being this far along frankly.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:01 PM   #222
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
He had no business being this far along frankly.
No, not at all. Every now and again, someone slips through, like that. Usually something like this ends up happening as a result.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:00 PM   #223
Blue Crack Addict

There was always that one other person that screwed up just a little bit worse that allowed Gabriel to slip by, but you're right in saying that there's no chance he deserved a black jacket.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #224
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Love Masterchef. Cant stand Ahran. I cant believe how skinny Graham Elliot is now. He recently visited my ballpark (SF Giants) and checked out the food, garlic fries, etc. and took some pictures with fans. That would have been cool to meet him.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #225
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
Love Masterchef. Cant stand Ahran. I cant believe how skinny Graham Elliot is now. He recently visited my ballpark (SF Giants) and checked out the food, garlic fries, etc. and took some pictures with fans. That would have been cool to meet him.. .
Another reason I'm not that into the show is Joe...he seems to be a douche just for the sake of being a douche...like he thinks he can be the Simon Cowell of amatuer cooking shows, but he doesn't even come close to the wit and charisma of a Cowell or Ramsay.

I do like Graham when I have tuned in, and dude lost a ton of weight.

Tags
hell's kitchen