Hell's Kitchen - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2014, 07:15 PM   #196
The Male

Local Time: 01:19 AM
Rochelle is clearly Ramsay's favorite, though that doesn't mean she's necessarily the obvious choice, especially considering how young she is.

Jason seems like a decent-ish leader. I could see him running a kitchen. Joy is kind of an asshole.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:02 AM   #197
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Jason seems like a decent-ish leader. I could see him running a kitchen. Joy is kind of an asshole.
Yeah they all are assholes in their own special way. I'm sure a lot of it is editing but Jason has a tendency to completely fly off the handle as we've seen earlier this season and I fully expect that at some point he's going to have a hard time cooking scallops (or something) correctly and literally explode. I think the finale is going to be Rochelle, Joy, and Melanie, and of those I think Joy probably has the best shot if she does a decent job running the kitchen. I can't stand Melanie's ego (she's not nearly as good as she thinks), and while I like Rochelle I don't see her being firm running the kitchen in the way Ramsay wants.

I really loved the look on Paul's face when Jason said hello last night, he clearly had no idea who this guy was.

EDIT: Watch out guys, there's going to be a murder next week, the previews said so! I can't wait to see how Jason kills Paul, it's going to happen for sure guys cause it was in the previews!

Old 06-20-2014, 11:13 AM   #198
Blue Crack Addict

Previews are always misleading. And I bet that Ramsay's reaction to Joy serving him duck that she has never cooked before is a lost leader as well and they'll all love her duck and she'll win the challenge in a landslide.

I hate to be continued, and I hate when they don't eliminate someone.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:17 AM   #199
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Previews are always misleading. And I bet that Ramsay's reaction to Joy serving him duck that she has never cooked before is a lost leader as well and they'll all love her duck and she'll win the challenge in a landslide.

I hate to be continued, and I hate when they don't eliminate someone.
Oh 100%, Lindsay and I laugh every week at how deliberately misleading all the previews are, to the point of outright lies. Last week it set up this episode as the whole tipping point being Joy having a total meltdown to the point of being booted, of course it was just a few tears over a slightly undercooked pork loin and that was all of it. And you're right, guaranteed they are all going to love her duck and she'll get her black jacket.

I have such a love-hate relationship with this show, but I tune in faithfully every Thursday night. I might as well be married to it.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:29 AM   #200
Blue Crack Distributor

I've mentored before that the previews are my favorite part of the show.

Well, the whole watching the preview and then comparing it to the episode thing, I mean.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:31 AM   #201
Blue Crack Addict

Nothing will ever top last season when the preview was supposed to make you think Mary was literally running away from Hell's Kitchen and then we see she was running as part of a challenge. So clever those producers.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:36 AM   #202
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Though I will say this, about 5 or 6 months ago, they filmed an episode of Restaurant Impossible in the city my mom lives in (and that I live right outside of). From what I could tell and the stories I heard, that show is basically on the up and up. The only thing that was a little sketch about it was that the owners of the restaurant basically only did the show to nicen it up for someone else to buy, cause they were out of business before the episode even aired. Though, from what I heard, the host of the show also encouraged them to sell.

Just saw this post.

There was a West Indian restaurant close to my apartment that was pretty run down (the neighbourhood it's in - the next one over from my place - is pretty sketchy too so that had an effect on it's business) had some Kitchen Nightmares type restaurant rescue show come in and completely renovate the place last year, only to shut down entirely less than 3 weeks later so the owner could sell it for more than they could have gotten with it still being old and run down. Props to the owner I guess for taking advantage of a money making opportunity, it's now a hipster bar that still nobody goes to since the hipsters have moved on to the next new place.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:08 PM   #203
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Nothing will ever top last season when the preview was supposed to make you think Mary was literally running away from Hell's Kitchen and then we see she was running as part of a challenge. So clever those producers.
Oh my God. The seething rage I felt over that one.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:21 PM   #204
Blue Crack Distributor

Where I work, I and one other person are in a little suite that's not attached to the main suite where everyone else is. My suite-mate is gone this and next week, so I'm in this fairly large room all alone. Why am I telling you this? Because I went back to the beginning of this thread to read the reactions to the preview for Mary running away and I keep laughing and someone in the office next door seems to keep walking by my open door every time I do. So thanks, Hell's Kitchen, for making me that insane new girl at work.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:50 PM   #205
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Where I work, I and one other person are in a little suite that's not attached to the main suite where everyone else is. My suite-mate is gone this and next week, so I'm in this fairly large room all alone. Why am I telling you this? Because I went back to the beginning of this thread to read the reactions to the preview for Mary running away and I keep laughing and someone in the office next door seems to keep walking by my open door every time I do. So thanks, Hell's Kitchen, for making me that insane new girl at work.
So of course reading your post forced me to do the same. Fortunately I'm the only one here today so no concerns about laughter.

This one gave me a good chuckle...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
If Jeremy's in the kitchen I might end up with a bowl of wax fruit.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #206
Blue Crack Distributor

I just read that post too. Last season was a blast. Simone was the only batshit contestant this year and she's been gone for ages.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #207
Blue Crack Addict

Can we talk about Masterchef here or am I going to have a pan thrown at my head if I do?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 06-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #208
Blue Crack Distributor

I think you're safe here.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #209
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm also really bummed out about the end of Kitchen Nightmares...not that I was actively watching it anymore...I just liked knowing it was there.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:42 PM   #210
Blue Crack Addict

Well I'm just curious if anyone else is watching it, no point bringing it up if nobody knows what I'm talking about.

Ahran is such a little snotty shit, and Leslie is completely out of touch with reality. But the way people were acting when he was making his "picks" last night was pretty low too. I miss Masterchef Canada, at least it seemed like the people on the Canadian version of the show knew what they were doing.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Tags
hell's kitchen