HBO 'Spielberg' documentary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Anyone catch this yet?

It's really good. It works very well both as an overview of his films and as a portrait of the man himself, and how his own life seeped into the films(his parents' divorce and his resultant lonely childhood influence many of his earlier films, and his feelings about his own Judaism played a role in how he tackled Schindler's List, etc).

I'm always struck by his versatility. The two Spielbergs, etc. That the same guy that did

Jaws
Close Encounters
E.T.
Raiders/Temple/Last Crusade
Jurassic Park/Lost World
A.I.
Minority Report

also did

Schindler's List
Amistad
Saving Private Ryan
Munich
Lincoln

He's one of a kind. Great doc.

Finally got around to viewing Spielberg. Definitely a trip down memory. Pretty much grew up to the man's work. If you're a fan of his films, this is a Must See.

Shit, why not keep the Spielberg thread going?

Favorite/Least Favorite Movie

Favorite- ET

(I saw Schindler's List once and thought it was brilliant. His greatest film.)

Least Favorite- AI

(1941 was probably his worst film, but it was early in his career, so I give it a pass. :wink:)

I won a trivia night once knowing of 1941. Haven't seen it though.

Favourite, sheeeeeeeit. It's probably Raiders, but Jurassic Park is right up there too. His economy of storytelling with exposition, character and plot is just as marvellous as the spectacle in these films.

Least favourite, hmm. I haven't seen many of his oft-derided stinkers, so I'll go with War of the Worlds. Not a wholly bad film, just so many shitty parts in the back half. Like, Cruise just strolls around at the end going, "Hey just sneeze on them bro" and everyone's all, "Thanks Tom!" Urgh.

Back
Top Bottom