"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - ****SPOILERS***

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So do these women, apparently.

SeverusHisBrides-Watchout-1.jpg

:yikes:

They're called "Snapewives," and once you've seen them, you can never unsee them. :scream:

:lol::lol::lol:

Am I the only one that thinks Michael Gambon does a fine job playing Dumbledore?:lol: It's weird because I think Richard Harris was missing the playful, almost youthful spirit of Dumbledore that comes across in the books, but he played the wise, guiding part of Dumbledore perfectly. It's the exact opposite with Gambon. He has the spunky part of Dumbledore, but the wisdom and and almost grandfatherly rapport with Harry isn't as prominent. I think they both do/did a great job with the character, but if you could combine them both, they'd be perfect.

have not yet read the books

since the first movie I saw was ......PRisoner of Azkaban

I really liked MG as Dumbledore ...I liked RH, toolater as I saw the firat 2 on TV.

I see your point...... i see how (as I'm imaging it) how you make the distinction, but i guess when i read the books it'll become more apparent.

have not yet read the books

since the first movie I saw was ......PRisoner of Azkaban

I really liked MG as Dumbledore ...I liked RH, toolater as I saw the firat 2 on TV.

I see your point...... i see how (as I'm imaging it) how you make the distinction, but i guess when i read the books it'll become more apparent.

For sure! You must read the books ASAP. The movies are all excellent, but as usual nothing can compare to the books.:heart:

The most thoroughly entertaining film I've seen in a movie theater in a long time. But y'all expected me to say that. The last 20 minutes are absolutely ridiculous. And the relationship between the three leads is still the best thing goin in cinema today. Beyond life affirming.

Props to Jim Broadbent, who steals just about every scene he appears in. And he has many scenes.

And we've finally introduced sex into Hogwarts. Excellent.

It was the ultimate set up for Deathly Hallows, which will probably bring God's green Earth to a standstill with its unrepentant badassity.

^ I swear to god I've seen both the women in that picture in the "Interferencers Photos Consolidated" thread.

If it's wrong to be excited that Ronald Weasley is finally getting some action, then I don't wanna be right.

I guess I was using the word "sex" under a different connotation. Not intercourse. But there was sex. If that makes any sense. Sexiness.

Ronald's scene on the staircase? Good god, that was pure sex.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole thing. It is owning my mind. I can't get one particular image from the final act out of my mind's eye. I will definitely be seeing this a second time in the theater. Sober, this time.

Maybe not the highest praise but this is the best Harry Potter film of the 6 released so far, a little disjointed (very disjointed I would imagine if you never read the books) but it was truly great. Funny, sad and at times a little creepy, everything the book was. Only thing I didn't like was that I felt it still could of been a little longer, some scenes were cut that I felt should of been included but still great film, much better than the last one

Absolutely loved it, for me it was just slightly better than Goblet and not quite up there with Azkaban. Malfoy was excellent, I think Tom Felton had one of the most persuasive peformances of the entire franchise. I was surprised that what is largely the least action-packed and most character-driven of the books worked as a film, though the scene inserted at the burrow was certainly exciting. I'm not a purist, so the added plot didn't bother me. I do however think that, while thrilling to watch, the scene didn't really have any emotional resonance or repercussion after the second term started.

There are so many things that were cut, yes, but in the end I felt like it was more rounded and complete in its explanations and emotional range than Phoenix.

For sure! You must read the books ASAP. The movies are all excellent, but as usual nothing can compare to the books.:heart:

a long time back ...

my sis continues to be a very avid movie/film buff...
Blockbusters, little Indie films, "foreign" films , some genre films etc

she's also a very avid reader...novles & some non-fic as well....

so long ago i got to understand from her who would see(read) both (when such occured) --

that movie = not always equal book etc... not one worse than the other just sometimes diferent and getting most the the major and some of the subtle stuff in PLUS great visuals, good acting, pacing etc

and most importantly getting the spirit of the book/world -making involved

so
I read LOTR when i was 12........

in fact it sort of spoiled most other fantasy wolrd sof rme EEPT those that involved fantasy & our modern world

HP, some of the Darkover series (which since MZB) world built so well i went back and enjoyed maany of the stories before (certain people showed up)

SO I inew not to expect everything to be The same in PJ's LOTR films.

I LOVE them!:heart:

I even got a kick of Liv Tyler's Elven character doing what she did in the movie that wasn't in the book!

the LOTR purists were horrified! I loved it!

and I consIder my self a pretty serioous LORT person . i read them over & over for years ( not so much the past 15)

I MUST HAVE HAD CLOSE TO ? 30 SKETCHES/DRAWINGS OF LORT STUFF I DID OVER LIKE ? 20 YRS!

SOORY CAPS...

pretty seroius time investment!

will read the books beofre the DH arrives on screen :D

sorry for typos veryy tired and have to leave here :wave:

I didn't like Gambon originally. I always saw Richard harris as Dumbledore, and he was perfect. I was too hard initially on Gambon because I heard he was coming in before I saw him in the role. After 3 movies with him, I like him more than Harris. Richard Harris was a bit too frail. He was almost perfect in every other way. Gambon IS Dumbledore for me

I am hanging out for the final film to be released, then hopefully we get some super-mega unabridged directors cut edition where each movie is extended by 2 hours to include everything in the books, and we wind up with a 30-hour book-accurate movie marathon

“Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,” has been deemed hefty enough by Warner Brothers — 784 hardcover pages, 2.4 pounds shipping weight, a fight to the death — to be split into two movies that will hit in late 2010 and summer 2011.

Thought the movie was pretty good plan on seeing it again. Wish they hadn't cut out some parts from the books though. Still I was not disappointed with how this one turned out!

Btw starting to like Bellatrix a lot lol

Loved it.

I hated both book 5 and movie 5, so this was a hugely pleasant surprise. It was lighthearted and funny. I no longer get bothered about them cutting stuff out from the books; it's just not feasible to make this sort of movie totally true to the book unless you want a 4 hour ordeal at the theatre and then I'd have to leave to pee like twice, so I'm good with what we're getting...though that in itself was a struggle.

Not particularly impressed by Deathly Hallows being split into two though.

Loved it! :love:

This one really felt like it took its time with its characters and just let wonderful, funny little moments happen. It didn't feel rushed at all. :applaud: My friends and I laughed out loud many, many times throughout the movie.

I also, for the first time, like Michael Gambon's Dumbledore for the entire movie. I've always felt he did a much better job when he's one-on-one and more intimate, quiet, personal moments, rather than trying to be big and powerful and authoritative (which, for me, he always ended up overacting and seeming silly, rather than imposing). And I'm glad he got his big, bad-ass, 2nd most powerful wizard moment with the whole ring-of-fire shot. :drool:

I can't wait to see it again! :hyper:

:up:

:applaud:

I'm so jealous of everyone that's gone already. I've heard a lot of people say it's amazing. My friends and I all want to go together, but getting a pretty big group of people's work and summer class schedules to mesh isn't easy. We're hoping we can go by the middle next week. I hope I can wait.:lol:

It was absolutely fantastic! My friend surprised me with tickets to see it tonight. Lucky for her I had no plans. :lol: Like others have said, it was really funny, which was nice. Lots of true laugh out loud moments.

I too was very disappointed in certain scenes being left out, especially
the lack of the funeral scene, which I thought was one of the most beautiful moments in the book
, but that didn't hamper my enjoyment of the movie at all. I thought it was so well done. I didn't like Gambon at all before this movie, but his performance was phenomenal. So was Tom Felton's. He does sinister very well.

It seemed like EVERYONE in the theatre jumped a mile high and screamed during the one scene in the cave. :lol: I was prepared, so it didn't scare me, which is a rare thing. I'm normally the one jumping in fright.

I think I'm going to have to go see it again.

I did like it a lot but I think I may see it again to form a better opinion on it. Malfoy really shined in this movie and Bellatrix is just craaaazy, lol. I wasn't necessarily happy about the scene at the Burrow. I was certain it wasn't in the book and a post above confirmed it. not sure it added or subtracted anything to the story. Now that movie 6 is out and done with so to speak, I'm wondering what the cut off point will be for movie 1 of the Deathly Hallows, the scene they will leave us with until the 2nd movie comes out.

Back
Top Bottom