Hamish Hamilton to direct the Oscars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He'll figure out a way to work the tail of Bono's guitar into this broadcast.

hamishhamiltondirects.jpg

I thought it was funny seeing 'Hamish Hamilton is this guy' on AwardsDaily, that was the first notice I'd seen of his new gig.

I just visit the blog once in awhile, although I did read the forums awhile back and noticed 'lazarus' as user and wondered if it was you.

Oh yes. 'tis I.

Very similar insider atmosphere there which is probably intimidating to new users, but very rewarding place with people who really, really know their shit and have turned me on to films I never would have heard of.

But it's not just a bunch of film snobs; people have a lot of fun talking about celeb gossip, film news, and awards races (obviously).

I thought the Slane DVD looked great, but, otherwise, I agree with you folks. He also looks like a moron.

U2 should get Phil Joanou to shoot some more footage. The stuff he did for "Rattle and Hum" is the best-looking -- the camera angles, the way the cameras follow the band members around. Wow! He's probably too good for that stuff, now, but maybe if they offered him enough money.

I don't think he's too good for it; the guy's barely working.

I'd also love to see what Wim Wenders would do with an actual live shoot. The guy obviously has done some worked with them in videos to great effect, but he also made Buena Vista Social Club and knows how to capture musicians in a less-abstract form as well.

Oh yes. 'tis I.

Very similar insider atmosphere there which is probably intimidating to new users, but very rewarding place with people who really, really know their shit and have turned me on to films I never would have heard of.

But it's not just a bunch of film snobs; people have a lot of fun talking about celeb gossip, film news, and awards races (obviously).

Yeah, I've come across plenty of intelligent conversations there, but there's just too much gossip and bashing for my tastes, but I do browse once in awhile. In all honesty I don't dedicate a lot of time to online forums, this is pretty much the only community I still post in regularly, and part of me is bothered by being here so much haha, but I like it a lot too.

I thought the Slane DVD looked great, but, otherwise, I agree with you folks. He also looks like a moron.

U2 should get Phil Joanou to shoot some more footage. The stuff he did for "Rattle and Hum" is the best-looking -- the camera angles, the way the cameras follow the band members around. Wow! He's probably too good for that stuff, now, but maybe if they offered him enough money.

Was Anton Corbijn ever approached for a live DVD shoot ?

Since he's done album photos, videos, now Linear, the next logical step would be to direct a U2 show. I was thinking he would be behind the 360 DVD but maybe some other time...

Great. At least we'll all go blind from the camera work before we can see any closeups of Bono's ass. Which you know he's just dying to work in.

Haha, if Winter is nominated and performed it'll be really coincidental now with him directing.

Back
Top Bottom