Grey's Anatomy - Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know how much longer Denny is going to be on the show for, but I seriously hope they end this storyline, and soon. It's just too ridiculous for words. :rolleyes: I'm this close to never watching the show again. I know I said that last season, but it hooked me back in for the first few episodes of this season. I'm pretty much done, though.

Yeah this is getting on my nerves too...Denny should be around for another four episodes :|

I like McArmy dude :cute:

This episode with Denny and Izzie in the bedroom was absolute ridiculous and really makes me want to quit watching this show. There are so many other characters and possible story lines! Why do they have to go with something so outlandish as lovemaking between a dead guy and a living woman? I don't get it. Stupid writers, that's for sure.

Maybe they're just trying to drive Katherine crazy, or just prove her Emmy comments to be correct

They have truly jumped the shark with that one. I also can't imagine finally getting to do that kind of scene with the guy who plays Denny and it's all just imaginary. That's just cruel :(

One thought I had was that Denny was there to take Izzie. Like Denny was the grim reaper and something would happen to Izzie and Denny would lead her to the light. He was constantly saying, that he was there for her. :hmm:

One thought I had was that Denny was there to take Izzie. Like Denny was the grim reaper and something would happen to Izzie and Denny would lead her to the light. He was constantly saying, that he was there for her. :hmm:

Interesting. :hmm: November sweeps are almost over. They gotta kill her off soon.

I would definitely say the show has jumped the shark when one of the characters is fucking a dead guy. :doh:

Katherine Heigl should leave the show anyway and make more movies. I've been watching the show with my girlfriend and most of things that happen on the show are pretty ridiculous. When I make a wise remark, she usually turns to me and says "its a fuckin' TV show!".

Your girlfriend is right tho, it IS only a TV show! Nonetheless, I've been watching the show since the beginning and have enjoyed its sometimes ridiculous storylines. I love the background music and some of its humor. But Izzie's character has always bothered me. Then Kathryn Heigl began bad-mouthing the writers and I lost respect for her. Of all the show's characters and storylines I find hers to be the least believable and uninteresting which is why my vote is if she were written off the show or quit I for one wouldn't miss her. I agree she should stick to movies.

She should be greatful to the writer's because without them she would have never have won an emmy. I think this stuff with her and the writer's started after she won the emmy. I think it went to her head.

I think that Katherine's comments were fine. She didn't word it the right way, and people blew it up into something huge, when I think she might have been being honest. Maybe a reporter asked why she wasn't in the running for an Emmy, and she responded that she didn't think she had the material that warranted it. I could be totally off base on that, but I see nothing wrong with being humble and thinking your material wasn't good enough for submission to an awards committee. Just don't say it in that way. Am I making sense here? :lol:

I definitely think that the writers have been giving her a crap storyline this year, which may be because of those remarks that she made, or else it's just Shonda's crappy idea of a "good" storyline.

I liked her character so much more in the first few seasons, and think that if she was given a better storyline, I'd like her more. I hope they don't kill her off. I just wish the writers would write her character the way she used to be back then. They've changed her so much, into something really unlikeable. I want to like her again.

Okay, I'm shutting up now. :lol:

I just read that Denny will be on the show at least through February :|

Oh goodness, what POSSIBLY can those writers squeeze out of having a past character who DIED on the show for weeks? I don't get it. Flashbacks are one thing.....but what they've got him doing is just so unbelievable. I could possibly get exasperated and quit watching then.

I like Denny, but can't they just put his character to rest and let Izzie move on.

Oh goodness, what POSSIBLY can those writers squeeze out of having a past character who DIED on the show for weeks? I don't get it. Flashbacks are one thing.....but what they've got him doing is just so unbelievable. I could possibly get exasperated and quit watching then.

I have no idea...the rest of the show is ok though, for me.

anwyays, you can read more on here Grey's Anatomy Insider - Grey's Anatomy Quotes, Episode Guides, Galleries, Music & More

Lovely pictures too :drool:

I don't think Patrick Dempsey has much of a storyline this season, rumors are that he can be a diva too. Same with Ellen Pompeo. Who knows what the truth is, but that show has problems.

I don't think that McDreamy is really in it at all this season. His storylines are not that good.

WARNING! HUGE GREY'S SPOILERS BELOW!

Stop reading, Grey's Anatomy fans, if you don't want to know the big secret behind Denny's afterlife love affair with Izzie.

I'm serious. Stop.

Okay then, here we go. Turns out Shonda Rhimes wasn't lying when she told me last month that a brain tumor wasn't what was causing Izzie's case of "I see dead people... and have sex with them!" But she was being sneaky.

Last chance to run, spoilerphobes!

According to multiple sources, Izzie's hallucinations are health-related -- and brain-related. And although the specific name of the ailment is being kept in the safe underneath Rhimes' desk, I'm told it's similar to an aneurysm. And every time it flares up, she sees Denny. And sometimes when it really flares up, she shags him. (A Grey's rep could not be reached for comment.)

But wait, there's more! Izzie's aneurysmish disorder was never intended to be fatal. Plans change, but, per an ABC insider, Rhimes didn't cook up this story in order to grant Katherine Heigl's alleged wish to be let go from the show. Rather, the boss wanted to give her employee the thing she allegedly wanted, the thing that eluded her last season: great, Emmy-worthy material.

And say what you want about the story, Heigl has delivered.

For their part, ABC execs remain divided except for on one point: Everyone acknowledges that the plot is asking the audience to take a huge leap. "It's definitely an unorthodox story, but I trust in Shonda," maintains one suit, who says the press will eviscerate the net no matter what they do. "If we interfere, we get blamed for messing with someone's creative vision. If we don't do anything, we get blamed for the backlash. You really can't win."

Another insider says Alphabet execs are getting antsy waiting for the audience to find out about the underlying medical issue fueling Izzie's spectral romance. So antsy, in fact, that they are applying some light pressure on Rhimes to speed up the reveal. Once you know the reason Izzie is seeing Denny, they figure, you'll be much more willing to go along for the ride.

Well, let's put that theory to the test: Now that you know what's behind Izzie's condition, do you feel better? Worse? Indifferent? Sound off below! (Personally, I can get on board with this story now. I think.)

Source: EW

Back
Top Bottom