Grey's Anatomy - Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
read this on people.com

The romance is over for Brooke Smith’s character on Grey’s Anatomy: the actress has abruptly been written out of the hit medical drama.

Smith, whose character Dr. Erica Hahn had just begun a lesbian affair with Sara Ramirez’s Dr. Callie Torres on the ABC show, told EW.com that Grey’s creator Shonda Rhimes “just suddenly told me that they couldn’t write for my character anymore.” Adds Smith, “it was the last thing I expected.”

Smith’s last Grey’s appearance will be Thursday’s episode, but don’t expect any closure for her character. “My final scene is just me heading to my car,” says Smith. “I honestly don’t know what happens in the next episode.”

So what caused Smith’s sudden exit? “I don’t think I’m ever really going to know,” says Smith, who received praise from producers after her scene in last week’s episode where Hahn realizes she is gay. But soon after, she got the bad news. “I was really, really shocked. I was floored when they told me.”

Rhimes denied that the decision had anything to do with Smith’s gay storyline. In a statement to EW.com, she said: “Brooke Smith was obviously not fired for playing a lesbian,” adding “Unfortunately, we did not find that the magic and chemistry with Brooke’s character would sustain in the long run.”

Under two hours till new episode. I hope this week is better than last week.

I thought the dummy was silly :reject:

I wish they would give George a good storyline. I liked where they were going with Hahn being pissed at the chief, too bad we'll never see her again. As much as I liked his character I could do without the Denny sightings.

One of my biggest pet peeves on this show is when they show the surgeons wearing dangling earrings - or any earrings, really - in the OR. Am I correct in thinking that this would never be allowed?

One of my biggest pet peeves on this show is when they show the surgeons wearing dangling earrings - or any earrings, really - in the OR. Am I correct in thinking that this would never be allowed?

I would certainly hope so! I noticed that while watching last night as well, and it annoyed me to no end. Seems like basic common sense NOT to wear jewelry while doing surgery, but then again, when do any of these doctors use that?!

I loved seeing Denny again, because he's just too gorgeous for words, but I agree, really unnecessary for his character to be there.

Ok. I just watched it again. The part wit the dummy was funny and I agree could have done without the Denny sightings. I also liked the story Christina told Hunt about her father's death.

I loved the dummy part! That was great! It would be so funny to be watching interns work on it and to be able to control it like that!! The Chief's got a great sense of humor after all! I am sick of Izzie tho, I wish she was off the show.

I'm actually glad that George doesn't have any real storylines lately. I got really sick of him after the whole Gizzie thing and there's not many people left that he hasn't had sex with. (We all know Lexie will be next) So i'm glad he's on the back burner for now. Gives me a chance to start to like him again. I wish they'd do the same for Izzie, cuz she's on my last nerve.

I'm liking the new guy and Christina. And i like that McSteamy's character is slowly developing. He's one of my favorites.

I still hate Meredith and even cringe sometimes they show close-ups of her face.

I liked Hahn, but the lesbian storyline was uncomfortable to watch, so i probably won't miss her that much.

The dummy was funny....and I really thought the part with the old couple was sooooo sad. I don't think they're showing enough of McDreamy, although I happen to like the McArmy guy and don't know why.:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom