Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:35 AM
Ok. Our show comes back tonight.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:20 AM   #199
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:35 AM
Revolving door on that show...

ew.com

As I taught you long ago, the Golden Globes aren't so much a showcase for award-worthy talent and polarizing fashion as they are a hotbed for exclusive prattle. To wit, shortly after Sunday's kudosfest ended, Melissa George presented me with a doozy of a scoop: She's leaving Grey's Anatomy, STAT.

"It was my choice," the actress-slash-Golden Globe nominee (for In Treatment) confirmed to me at HBO's red-hot after-party, held poolside at the Beverly Hilton. "My last day of work is Tuesday."

But lest you think this is yet another in a long line of rocky Grey's exits (see also: Isaiah Washington, Brooke Smith, possibly T.R. Knight), George, who joined the ABC soap last November as Mer's maybe-gay BFF, is leaving on the best of terms.

"I love the show so much," she gushes. "I've made some beautiful friends. I love T.R. Knight. I love Patrick Dempsey, Justin Chambers… I adore Ellen Pompeo. I think she's a strong, incredible woman. And Katherine Heigl is the most beautiful creature on Earth."

Then, um, why leave? George says she simply wants to "do something else." Already? Well, a Grey's insider does suggest that the parting of the ways was more mutual than simply the actress' choice. "Melissa's arc came to a natural end. Everyone at the show adores her. We're genuinely sad to see her go."

George's initial deal called for her to appear in roughly 8-11 episodes with an option to become a series regular, like Kevin McKidd. But her Sadie had a much more rocky introduction than the Iraq doc, what with the self-mutilation and ambiguous sexuality. The latter characteristic was especially ill-timed coming off of Hahn's controversial exit. "The character was cursed from Day One," sniffs an ABC source. "She was very difficult to root for."

George concedes that Sadie was unconventional, even by Grey's standards. But recent episodes had revealed a calmer, gentler side to her. "When you take out your insides and you're hitting on every guy and girl in the hospital… you have to pull back," her portrayer suggests. "She's a doctor. You have to be professional. For her, she had to stop doing that or else she would've been kicked out."

Is that a tease for Sadie's exit? George won't say, but she reveals that "it won't be a big send-off, but it's really cool what they do."

In other words, Sadie won't be banished to the parking lot with Hahn.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:31 PM   #200
ONE
love, blood, life

ABC executive defends 'Grey's Anatomy' ghostmance
Jan. 16, 2009, 3:07 PM EST
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. (AP) -- Is there a ghost of a chance that the renewed relationship between live Izzie and dead Denny on "Grey's Anatomy" makes sense?

Yes, according to ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPherson.

"In terms of the ghost stuff, it's not a ghost, which you will learn," McPherson told a meeting on Friday of the Television Critics Association.

"You will be surprised at how insightful and smart the story line" is for the characters and for the show's direction, McPherson said. But, he added, viewers will be the judge.

At the end of the 2005-06 season, Dr. Izzie Stevens' (Katherine Heigl) short-lived engagement to Denny Duquette (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) ended with his death after heart transplant surgery. But he's been reappearing to her in encounters that have turned passionate.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #201
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:35 PM
I read that whole article in the L A times

I have only been casually looking in, these days

the article sounded like the show was in chaos, with several cast members jumping ship
Old 01-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #202
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I read that whole article in the L A times

I have only been casually looking in, these days

the article sounded like the show was in chaos, with several cast members jumping ship
You get this with shows sometimes. It's often quite hard to get a show with the right combination of a great creator, great producers and directors, great writers, and great actors, in addition to a great working relationship with the network executives. I get the sense that "Battlestar Galactica" has been very lucky to have had that kind of relationship after having read a few articles, and I think that this contributes greatly as to why BSG will likely leave a very memorable mark on TV history.

On the other hand, I get the sense that "Grey's Anatomy" is suffering from the opposite condition, mainly the sense that it's a mess. You've got your most rabid internet "fans," who aren't happy (and, admittedly, merely pandering to one's audience is often a ticket to a cancelled show too). We've got the drama of the last year, with both old and new characters being suddenly written off, seemingly due to network interference, which I think is probably a nightmare to any show creator. And, it appears that all the drama is contributing to a few key cast members being unhappy and being rumoured to leave. The show is certainly in chaos, and, while I still enjoy watching it, I can see why people are wondering what's going on. It's a bit off-putting, to say the least.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:41 AM   #203
Neon Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCOSTER View Post
"You will be surprised at how insightful and smart the story line" is
I most definitely will be surprised if it's insightful OR smart.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #204
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:35 AM
Did anyone watch last Thursday's episode? I actually caught it twice. I re-watched it when Maddy watched it for the first time. I thought it was really good. I needed several tissues too
Old 01-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #205
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
Did anyone watch last Thursday's episode? I actually caught it twice. I re-watched it when Maddy watched it for the first time. I thought it was really good. I needed several tissues too
I did I thought it was probably one of the best of the season so far. Derek and Mer actually disagreed and stayed together! And now is Izzie dying? I definately needed tissues!
Old 01-26-2009, 09:05 PM   #206
Blue Crack Distributor

Great episode. The end was a little creepy though, with the lethal injection.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:33 AM   #207
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

I agree that it was probably the best episode of the season and maybe the entire airing of the show. It was deeply emotional and intense, with plenty of juicy and believable storylines. The hospital hoping the woman would donate her husband's organs in order to save the little boy really hit home as the same thing happened when we were deciding to remove my father from life support. Hospital and organ recovery people were pacing and hovering hoping we'd donate something from my father. So that brought on lots of tears from sad memories. The lethal injection was totally horrible, I am glad that Yan and Grey will reunite as a result of it tho. That prison dude was really creepy, and his mind games were scary. Poor Grey for having gotten entangled in it all. Most of all I am ecstatic at the Izzie outcome. Denny's come for her.....good, give her a good disease or a quick and painful accident and let her off the show. I haven't felt her character has had any real depth and meat especially since she started flapping her gums about the poor writing and producer's poor handling of her character. So all in all it was an episode full of a gamut of emotions. Excellent TV!
Old 02-13-2009, 04:05 PM   #208
Blue Crack Addict

Honestly, I'm loving the cross-overs with PrP!
Old 02-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #209
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveedge View Post

Honestly, I'm loving the cross-overs with PrP!
Me too best of Greys so far besides the lethal injection episode, I thought this was great the way they combined the two.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:59 PM   #210
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:35 AM
Perhaps, but my TV time is limited, so having to watch Private Practice last week, this week, and next week makes me Last weeks episode of PP basically didn't have anything to do with Grey's Anatomy until the very end (or beginning) where she called Derek. So I could probably have skipped last weeks PP and watched the previews for this week

Tags
grey's anatomy