Gotham

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2 old standby's at the Blue Crack regardless of the topic: Something that has invoked a cringe and writing being described as lazy. You can do better than that Saggy. :wink: Obviously, they're saving Penguin for the finale. I wouldn't worry about being embarrassed about the dialogue of the show. You need to focus your embarrassment back to the worship of your god, Jim Harbaugh. Now, THAT'S embarrassing.

2 old standby's at the Blue Crack regardless of the topic: Something that has invoked a cringe and writing being described as lazy. You can do better than that Saggy. :wink: Obviously, they're saving Penguin for the finale. I wouldn't worry about being embarrassed about the dialogue of the show. You need to focus your embarrassment back to the worship of your god, Jim Harbaugh. Now, THAT'S embarrassing.

Not embarrassed about my deep adoration for Harbaugh. Amazing man.
And even though it is always a cliche, the dialogue is lazy. No way around it. Also, the guy who plays Bruce sucks IMO.
Adam West Batman show is still superior to Gotham.

Please. The original tv series was good for its time, but nothing compared to Gotham. You're being blinded by the campy nostalgia of the 60's tv show.

Please. The original tv series was good for its time, but nothing compared to Gotham. You're being blinded by the campy nostalgia of the 60's tv show.

Adam West Batman did not take it's self seriously whatsoever and is absolutely hilarious. Gotham is good, don't get me wrong. But the show takes itself a tad too serious a lot of the time and fails to have much comedic relief sans Bullock. Btw, I think Bullock is the best character on the show. He is not featured nearly enough.
Best Characters: Bullock, Jerome, Riddler, Penguin, Alfred ....(Selina is pretty good, too)
Worst Characters: Firefly, Thompkins, Bruce, Galavan
Biggest disappointments: Strange, Freeze, Barbara
Gotham needs to resurrect some Adam West Batman era villains like King Tut, The Easter Bunny, and Egghead. :)

Instead of complaining about Batman being too serious just say you do not and have not read Batman comics aside from a few from c.55-c.70.

Gotham is faithful to several interpretations if the character, and is one of the best Batman stories. It's easily the best filmed representation of the Batman world. The Nolan movies are great, but they're weak Batman stories. And the kids playing Bruce is the best Bruce Wayne outside of the comics. The competition is weak, but that kid IS Bruce Wayne. Bale is maybe the best actor of his generation but he was a bad Bruce.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using U2 Interference mobile app

Gotham is faithful to several interpretations if the character, and is one of the best Batman stories. It's easily the best filmed representation of the Batman world. The Nolan movies are great, but they're weak Batman stories. And the kids playing Bruce is the best Bruce Wayne outside of the comics. The competition is weak, but that kid IS Bruce Wayne. Bale is maybe the best actor of his generation but he was a bad Bruce.

I agree with a number of things. Especially, the kid playing Bruce. I think he's doing a fine job.

While I've pretty much enjoyed every actor who has portrayed Batman, Christian Bale is my favorite of the bunch. Obviously, I don't think he was a bad Bruce. :wink: Keaton was also a great Batman. Adam West was easily the funniest Batman. Kilmer was ok. Clooney was decent, but his movie sucked. Will Arnett is actually awesome as Lego Batman.

As far as Gotham, Bullock is hilarious and should be featured more. Jim Gordon is my favorite character on the show. Alfred, Cat, Bruce, and Penguin are some of my other favorites. Riddler is a great too.

Instead of complaining about Batman being too serious just say you do not and have not read Batman comics aside from a few from c.55-c.70.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using U2 Interference mobile app

I have read a multitude of Batman comics. Mostly from the 40's, 80's, and 90's.
BTAS is easily my favorite animated show and probably one of my favorite shows ever. Very dark. I love the Dark Knight trilogy, very dark as well. I love the darkness of batman and I'm not asking for them to turn it into "The Avengers", which I am not a fan of. I'm not saying the show is too serious, but it takes itself too serious. I guess that's why Harrison Ford is my all time favorite actor, the guy doesn't take himself all that serious.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the show. Ben McKenzie plays a great lead and the supporting cast is very strong. Easily best Penguin interpretation yet. It's the show I most look forward to every week, but I'm just trying to be objective. This season has been great, but they can improve in some areas. The show needs to tighten up there focus on some of the story lines. Too much going on and character development lacks in some areas as a result.

I love reading live tweets for this show because everyone immediately jumps to the conclusion that anything and everything is Jerome. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great finale.
I think I heard Jerome laughing and may have saw his red hair coming off the bus.

Edit: found a pic
5219a588f2c3d98d9b9f2f21ffcdab3f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What was with long haired Bruce Wayne getting off the bus?

Looks like Strange was able to clone Bruce like he cloned Jim Gordon, except perhaps with better results. :wink:

I thought this season was great. Hopefully, we see more of Harvey Bullock next season.

He didn't clone Gordon, he created who I assume was supposed to be False Face or some version thereof to impersonate him.

Definitely enjoyed this season.

Hoping Fish gets bazooka'ed to start next season.

Killing Fish has become the new Alfred is a douche. :wink:

I must be some kind of freak because I actually like her. I dig the Valerie Vale character too. It's cool to have a reporter in the mix.

I certainly hope so.
It annoys me that The Riddler is always so underused in every iteration (with the excretion of the atrocity called Batman Forever). He's easily my favorite Batman villain.

I certainly hope so.
It annoys me that The Riddler is always so underused in every iteration (with the excretion of the atrocity called Batman Forever). He's easily my favorite Batman villain.

Frank Gorshin and Jim Carrey did a pretty good job with Riddler. :wink:

How can Batman Forever be an atrocity? It had that awesome U2 song in the soundtrack. Plus, compared to Batman and Robin, it looks Oscar worthy. :wink:

Frank Gorshin and Jim Carrey did a pretty good job with Riddler. :wink:

How can Batman Forever be an atrocity? It had that awesome U2 song in the soundtrack. Plus, compared to Batman and Robin, it looks Oscar worthy. :wink:

I love 90's Jim Carrey, but I didn't care for his performance of Riddler. Admittedly, I haven't seen the movie in several years.
Tommy Lee Jones' really bad performance of Joker dressed up as Two Face (I refuse to accept that was Two Face) put me off. Especially since you know, HARVEY DENT WAS BLACK. I would have loved to see Billy Dee Williams as Two Face.
Also that Robin dialogue was beyond ridiculous. Big Val Kilmer fan, but he was so boring. No personality. Nicole Kidman was hot, though.
Batman and Robin is such an atrocity to mankind that it's actually hilarious.
Joel Schumacher should have been prosecuted by The Hague for crimes against humanity for these 2 movies.

"Best party ever!"

Some serious Homomania between Penguin and Riddler, thought they were gonna kiss at the end. Must have the cover of SOI posted on the wall of the lair somewhere.

So we see Gordon walk into Lee's house, and the number above the door is 313.
Lee calls 911 and says "we need an ambulance right away to 25 Blackstone Street."

Do they think viewers don't pick up on such blatant errors?

Its a bit weird. Was Penguin ever depicted as gay in the comics before?
Will be interesting to see how it plays out regarding the Isabella thing. If Nygma finds out Cobblepot is the one responsible, should make for quite the battle.

Back
Top Bottom