Gotham

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope this isn't true, and if it is you really should have used the spoiler option. There are some people who don't read about the shows before they air because they don't want to know what's going to happen.

It is strictly humor, don't worry they won't kill her off till the season finale.

More like "America's Funniest Home Videos" Bob Saget. I'm way too good for these people and I think I'm hilarious even when no one else does.

Either that or you enjoy commenting on people getting hit in a bad place. :wink:

AFV Saget is closer to Full House Saget than Blue Comedian Saget.

Pumped for the next 2 episodes of the Jerome story arc.
Could they make it any more obvious that Theo is Ras Al Ghul? Which makes me think Jerome isn't Joker. There's no way Joker fits into Ras' plan. Joker is about chaos and destruction, Ras' is about cleansing. They'll inevitably clash and Jerome will go AWOL. My guess is that Jerome takes Bruce and Theo saves Bruce and either kills Jerome or makes it seem like he's dead.
He'll build a trust with Bruce, while simultaneously tearing down Wayne Enterprises because Theo killed Bruce's parents.
That's not what I hope happens, though, that would be way too predictable. I'm really tired of seemingly every Batman story turning back about Ras'. Nolan's series was basically all tied back to Ras', as was "Arkham City".

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

My prediction was spot on.

Would not be shocked to see Jerome show up again at some point in the future. They did leave some hints that there is a possibility he may not be dead.

Last edited:
Yes, you nailed it. Still an entertaining episode.

It was indeed. They've set the bar so high early, it will be hard for the rest of the season not to be a slight downgrade.

Not to keep patting myself on the back, but it was kinda funny how I described Joker as "chaos and destruction" and Penguin used those exact same words to describe Jerome. My major batman nerdism is ingrained inside me. :lol:

Last edited:
Would have preferred they kept Jerome as Joker, thought the actor was great. Wonder if they'll further the Joker story line much at this point.

Would have preferred they kept Jerome as Joker, thought the actor was great. Wonder if they'll further the Joker story line much at this point.

I don't like the idea of joker being inspired by someone else. That would just, in essence, make him a copy cat, which Joker is anything but.
Wish they left more of a cliffhanger as to Jerome's whereabouts instead of just point blank killing him off. However, in the comics, Joker defies death many times, so I wouldn't rule out a return of Jerome.

They took the fake assassination attempt at Theo right out of Batman: The Animated Series. :lol:

Great episode! The new captain is awesome! :up:

Chiklis' opening scene was so awesome. Finally some of these plots are picking up some traction.
My guess with Nygma.......the girl dies. He goes crazy. It would be kinda nuts if he murders her in rage or something, though.

Was there something that looked like a big question mark in a green hazy light outside Nygma's window while they were eating dinner?

And Kristen Kringle can't die, she goes on to become Santa Claus.

Chiklis' opening scene was so awesome. Finally some of these plots are picking up some traction.
My guess with Nygma.......the girl dies. He goes crazy. It would be kinda nuts if he murders her in rage or something, though.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that happened.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised to see that Silver is in on her Uncle's plan to get Bruce.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that happened.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised to see that Silver is in on her Uncle's plan to get Bruce.

Silver is an important character in the comics and plays Bruce's love interest in many of them.
I assume Theo is using her as a pawn, but she is unaware of it.
And Penguin is such a weird character. I feel bad for him because deep down he really isn't that bad of a guy, but then he goes and brutally murders someone. So then I stop feeling bad. Then the cycle repeats itself. This is the best interpretation of the Penguin I've ever seen, he's always been sort of a lame character imo, but he's really great in this show.

Last edited:
I dug Penguin when Burgess Meredith played him. When Danny DeVito played him, I wasn't really feeling it. If Penguin were a pro wrestler, we'd call him a tweener. He has hero qualities and villain qualities.

I dug Penguin when Burgess Meredith played him. When Danny DeVito played him, I wasn't really feeling it. If Penguin were a pro wrestler, we'd call him a tweener. He has hero qualities and villain qualities.

All the batman villains have both qualities with the exception of the joker. That's what makes the batman story so intriguing for me and why I love it so much. Mr. Freeze and Catwoman are obviously the most conflicted characters, but Penguin and Riddler are definitely up there. In fact, I don't even really consider Catwoman to be a villain.
But Gotham is doing a great job of the hero/villain characteristic thing.
Oh, and how could I forget Burgess Meredith. :lol: I own that entire series on DVD, it's so campy I love it. "Yes, Batman. We sold the nuclear submarine to a fellow by the name of PN Gwin. Is there a problem?"
Batman's face just said "are you f*cking kidding me?"
That show is top class comedy.

When I was a kid, I used watch Batman reruns after school. That was my first exposure to Batman and Robin. When they finally made a proper movie in 1989, I thought Burton did an awesome job. For me, 1989 will always go down as the Summer of Batman. Everywhere you turned, there was Batman merch. If you didn't have a shirt, you were a freak.

When I was a kid, I used watch Batman reruns after school. That was my first exposure to Batman and Robin. When they finally made a proper movie in 1989, I thought Burton did an awesome job. For me, 1989 will always go down as the Summer of Batman. Everywhere you turned, there was Batman merch. If you didn't have a shirt, you were a freak.

I grew up in the Batman: The Animated Series era (still my favorite tv show of all time with "Perchance To Dream" as my favorite tv episode ever) but I had the '66 Batman movie and recorded late night reruns on VHS (the good ole days). Still have those for memories sake.

The final scenes showing Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman all at some crossroads would have been greatly enhanced by a 4th shot of Jerome in Arkham instead of him being dead.

But yeah pretty good ending.

Nygma must be a lot stronger than he looks though.

The final scenes showing Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman all at some crossroads would have been greatly enhanced by a 4th shot of Jerome in Arkham instead of him being dead.

But yeah pretty good ending.

Nygma must be a lot stronger than he looks though.

It'd be one heck of a twist if Jerome came back and killed Theo. That would be a classic Joker move.
My guess is that Gordon eventually pieces it together and that scene in the teaser with Gordon, Penguin, and Theo at gun point will obviously be the most climactic scene.
The last 5 minutes really took a mediocre episode up about 15 notches.
Oh, and poor Butch. The dude has been through the ringer.

Finally got caught up on the last 2 episodes. Crazy stuff. Poor Butch. He's going through Hell. Can't believe Riddler killed Kringle. It looked like he was barely holding her neck.

Great episode last night. Next week looks like it's going to be crazy. Surprised that Barbara hasn't been featured much this season, I'm anxious to see what they do with her.

Back
Top Bottom