Gotham - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station

Old 05-20-2016, 07:36 AM   #181
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:48 PM
2 old standby's at the Blue Crack regardless of the topic: Something that has invoked a cringe and writing being described as lazy. You can do better than that Saggy. Obviously, they're saving Penguin for the finale. I wouldn't worry about being embarrassed about the dialogue of the show. You need to focus your embarrassment back to the worship of your god, Jim Harbaugh. Now, THAT'S embarrassing.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:52 PM   #182
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:48 PM
Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
2 old standby's at the Blue Crack regardless of the topic: Something that has invoked a cringe and writing being described as lazy. You can do better than that Saggy. Obviously, they're saving Penguin for the finale. I wouldn't worry about being embarrassed about the dialogue of the show. You need to focus your embarrassment back to the worship of your god, Jim Harbaugh. Now, THAT'S embarrassing.

Not embarrassed about my deep adoration for Harbaugh. Amazing man.
And even though it is always a cliche, the dialogue is lazy. No way around it. Also, the guy who plays Bruce sucks IMO.
Adam West Batman show is still superior to Gotham.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:03 PM   #183
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Please. The original tv series was good for its time, but nothing compared to Gotham. You're being blinded by the campy nostalgia of the 60's tv show.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:08 PM   #184
New Yorker

Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
Please. The original tv series was good for its time, but nothing compared to Gotham. You're being blinded by the campy nostalgia of the 60's tv show.

Adam West Batman did not take it's self seriously whatsoever and is absolutely hilarious. Gotham is good, don't get me wrong. But the show takes itself a tad too serious a lot of the time and fails to have much comedic relief sans Bullock. Btw, I think Bullock is the best character on the show. He is not featured nearly enough.
Best Characters: Bullock, Jerome, Riddler, Penguin, Alfred ....(Selina is pretty good, too)
Worst Characters: Firefly, Thompkins, Bruce, Galavan
Biggest disappointments: Strange, Freeze, Barbara
Gotham needs to resurrect some Adam West Batman era villains like King Tut, The Easter Bunny, and Egghead.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:05 PM   #185
Refugee

Instead of complaining about Batman being too serious just say you do not and have not read Batman comics aside from a few from c.55-c.70.

Gotham is faithful to several interpretations if the character, and is one of the best Batman stories. It's easily the best filmed representation of the Batman world. The Nolan movies are great, but they're weak Batman stories. And the kids playing Bruce is the best Bruce Wayne outside of the comics. The competition is weak, but that kid IS Bruce Wayne. Bale is maybe the best actor of his generation but he was a bad Bruce.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using U2 Interference mobile app
Old 05-20-2016, 10:32 PM   #186
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Island View Post

Gotham is faithful to several interpretations if the character, and is one of the best Batman stories. It's easily the best filmed representation of the Batman world. The Nolan movies are great, but they're weak Batman stories. And the kids playing Bruce is the best Bruce Wayne outside of the comics. The competition is weak, but that kid IS Bruce Wayne. Bale is maybe the best actor of his generation but he was a bad Bruce.
I agree with a number of things. Especially, the kid playing Bruce. I think he's doing a fine job.

While I've pretty much enjoyed every actor who has portrayed Batman, Christian Bale is my favorite of the bunch. Obviously, I don't think he was a bad Bruce. Keaton was also a great Batman. Adam West was easily the funniest Batman. Kilmer was ok. Clooney was decent, but his movie sucked. Will Arnett is actually awesome as Lego Batman.

As far as Gotham, Bullock is hilarious and should be featured more. Jim Gordon is my favorite character on the show. Alfred, Cat, Bruce, and Penguin are some of my other favorites. Riddler is a great too.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:53 PM   #187
New Yorker

Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Island View Post
Instead of complaining about Batman being too serious just say you do not and have not read Batman comics aside from a few from c.55-c.70.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using U2 Interference mobile app

I have read a multitude of Batman comics. Mostly from the 40's, 80's, and 90's.
BTAS is easily my favorite animated show and probably one of my favorite shows ever. Very dark. I love the Dark Knight trilogy, very dark as well. I love the darkness of batman and I'm not asking for them to turn it into "The Avengers", which I am not a fan of. I'm not saying the show is too serious, but it takes itself too serious. I guess that's why Harrison Ford is my all time favorite actor, the guy doesn't take himself all that serious.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the show. Ben McKenzie plays a great lead and the supporting cast is very strong. Easily best Penguin interpretation yet. It's the show I most look forward to every week, but I'm just trying to be objective. This season has been great, but they can improve in some areas. The show needs to tighten up there focus on some of the story lines. Too much going on and character development lacks in some areas as a result.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:08 PM   #188
New Yorker

This show needs an opening theme song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2016, 08:37 PM   #189
New Yorker

I love reading live tweets for this show because everyone immediately jumps to the conclusion that anything and everything is Jerome.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:03 PM   #190
New Yorker

Gotham

Great finale.
I think I heard Jerome laughing and may have saw his red hair coming off the bus.

Edit: found a pic

Old 05-24-2016, 01:03 PM   #191
Blue Crack Addict

What was with long haired Bruce Wayne getting off the bus?
Old 05-24-2016, 08:37 PM   #192
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
What was with long haired Bruce Wayne getting off the bus?
Looks like Strange was able to clone Bruce like he cloned Jim Gordon, except perhaps with better results.

I thought this season was great. Hopefully, we see more of Harvey Bullock next season.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:54 AM   #193
Blue Crack Addict

He didn't clone Gordon, he created who I assume was supposed to be False Face or some version thereof to impersonate him.

Definitely enjoyed this season.

Hoping Fish gets bazooka'ed to start next season.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:24 AM   #194
Blue Crack Addict

Season premier tomorrow
Still holding out hope Fish gets Bazooka'ed.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:50 PM   #195
New Yorker

I really like this Valerie Vale character, so much better than Lee.
Also, please kill off Fish.