GOSSIP GIRL - You know you love it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't look now GAF:

A Gossip Girl Sings

April 23, 2009 - Gossip Girl hottie Leighton Meester has landed a record deal. The sexy CW starlet has reportedly signed with Universal Republic through Time-Act Music to release her first album in the fall.

According to Billboard.com, the 23-year-old Meester has already laid down material for the record which will have an "electro-pop edge." She has worked, the site says, with Usher and Fergie producer Powlow Da Don, as well as Justin Timberlake and Pink collaborator Harvey Mason, Jr.

The lovely Ms. Meester enthused about the deal in a prepared statement: "I'm thrilled to be welcomed into the Universal Republic fold. Their reputation for nurturing artists combined with a willingness to break new ground makes it the ultimate environment for me to enjoy making music and explore my own creative boundaries."

We look forward to hearing Meester's pipes in action. Keep it here on IGN Music for more her forthcoming project.

IGN: A Gossip Girl Sings

I had downloaded a demo (?) of her singing a cover of Bette Davis Eyes some months ago. It wasn't bad for disposable pop.

Yeah, I've had her "Bette Davis Eyes" cover for a while. It's weird because it really doesn't sound anything like her at all. Of course, people's singing voices often do sound very different to their speaking voices but this was just wild. I'd never in a million years have guessed that it was Blair Waldorf singing.

Annnnnyways, i think it's cool that she has a for real contract now and can record some "original" stuff. I'll be buying downloading the crap out of her album if/when it comes out.

Me too, once upon a time I watched the entire series on youtube AND the two movies but they took it down. :(

Great episode tonight. Natch. Lots of wild and crazy stuff going on. Backstabbing, scheming, temptation. All in a days work for GG. :heart:

And Chuck Bass wears a collared shirt, a velvet fleece and designer slacks when he plays basketball. :up:

Alright, so Blair/Leighton Meester is coming out with a pop album pretty soon. Chuck/Ed Westwick has been the lead singer in a UK based rock band for a long time. And now we got Little J/Taylor Momsen coming out with a band. Everyone on GG is a "singer"! Awesome.

Here's the song. She says the F word in it a few times. Crazy kids.

YouTube - The Pretty Reckless - Taylor Momsen Demo?

Daaaaaaamn. That episode was awesome. I love it when the whole gang gets together to try to pull off some sort of undercover espionage. :cute:

The scene between Chuck and Blair at the bar was intense. I could literally hear the millions of Chuck/Blair fanboys and girls holding their breath as Chuck was about to give his answer. I was hoping he wouldn't say "It's just a game" but they need to have some sort of tension between them for next season. Those two crazy kids will get together eventually, I'm sure.

Also, Michelle Trachtenberg owned that episode. "Tell Jesus the bitch is back." lulz

I'm not sure about next week with the whole Lily flashback episode. I guess they might be doing a whole spinoff series based on the episode, which I think would be quite lame. We'll see. Brittany Snow is playing Lily, though. :drool:

EDIT - Damn, there are only two episodes left this season! :sad: And one of them is going to be a flashback episode based on the life of Lily Van Der Woodsen in the 80's? Not cool. Not cool at all.

Last night was great. I too love it when they all get together for evil. :D

I'm not looking forward to the 80's episode either. Seems like a waste of an episode, when they could be focusing on wrapping up the storylines they have going on right now.

I agree, elfa. They're super annoying now, and I'd be surprised if their new spin off was successful.

I lived through the 80's

The thing is, the majority of people who watch Gossip Girl cannot say the same thing.

I'm wondering if the entire episode will be a flashback, or if they'll only do that for parts of it. The preview made it seem like it's gonna be the whole episode. That just seems like such a rip off. It's the second to last episode of the season, for cryin out loud. We don't want to see that shit. Maybe if they had done it earlier in the year. I guess we'll just have to see on Monday whether or not it works at all.

Oh yeah, Gwen Stefani is in the episode next week. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Man, I love this show. :heart:

I think next week's episode looks fun, although I'm not sold on watching a whole spinoff about teenaged Rufus and Lily in the 80s.

LOVED this episode. Very pleasantly surprised, because I really didn't think I would. Damn. I thought the casting in the 80's flashbacks is what made it. Andrew McCarthy as Lily's dad? Awesome. Dick Casablancas from Veronica Mars as the goofy wannabe rock star? Amazing. And, of course, Brittany Snow. What a delightful young girl. Here's the thing, though...Adult Lily Van Der Woodsen played by Kelly Rutherford has a deep and proper voice. Brittany Snow has the most bubbly, cutesy voice in the entire world. It's adorable, but I'm not sure if I could see that sweetheart young Lily turning into the cold, bitchy adult Lily. That probably doesn't make any sense. I'm rambling. Sorry.

Anyways, the real stuff rocked too. OMFG, how great is Leighton in this role? Give that girl an Emmy nomination or something.

"This is my moment. I own prom." Classic, classic line. :heart:

It was actually better than I thought it was going to be - I still can't see a whole show based on this concept going anywhere. Why they wasted Dick Casablancas on this when they should bring him to the regular show is beyond me :shrug:

The one thing I found really interesting was the introduction of the Vanderwoodsen guy - is this the future father of Serena and Eric? And if so, I have to admit I would be curious to see how they end up together...

I thought the show was really disjointed, and it didn't flow well at all, in my opinion. Ugh. :lol: I loved seeing Dick C again, but I don't know - like you said, elfa, he should just come on Gossip Girl - that would be hilarious! I think I need to watch it again - I was pretty upset when I was watching, so maybe when I'm not as pissed off I might like it a little more. :lol:

I was disappointed - I thought it was going to be better than it was. At least it wasn't ALL set back in the 80s. Andrew McCarthy sure has aged well.

I heard the spin-off might be dead in the water. This would not make me sad.

The one thing I found really interesting was the introduction of the Vanderwoodsen guy - is this the future father of Serena and Eric? And if so, I have to admit I would be curious to see how they end up together...

:hmm: I also wondered about that name.

I heard the spin-off might be dead in the water. This would not make me sad.

I read this too. Then i read somewhere else that the CW are still considering which pilots to go with. :shrug:I guess time will tell. :wink:

In this episode i loved where Chuck confessed to arranging all the hitches to go wrong so Blair could have the prom of her dreams. :cute::love:

I have seen the trailer for next weeks finale and :ohmy::hyper::drool: I want it NOW. :lol:

Booo to the end of the season though. :( I have no new shows to look forward to over the summer now. :grumpy::lol:

And, of course, Brittany Snow. What a delightful young girl. Here's the thing, though...Adult Lily Van Der Woodsen played by Kelly Rutherford has a deep and proper voice. Brittany Snow has the most bubbly, cutesy voice in the entire world. It's adorable, but I'm not sure if I could see that sweetheart young Lily turning into the cold, bitchy adult Lily. That probably doesn't make any sense. I'm rambling. Sorry.

It makes sense to me. I usually don't want to watch gimmicky flashback episodes but I LOVE Brittany Snow (did anyone else here watch American Dreams? :reject: ) so I gave it a chance. I loved seeing here but she doesn't really fit as a young Lily.

I loved the episode too. Only nitpick would that Blair and Nate's breakup seemed to come out of nowhere, it was strange. Yeah I knew they weren't going to last but still.

I knew you'd like it GAF. :wink::lol: Its my facebook av aswell. :drool:

Blair and Chuck = WIN. :drool::combust::love:

So any of the Canadians catch the finale last night? :shifty: Was it worth the wait? Details please. :drool: I have to wait until Tuesday for the uploads to the net to catch it. :crack::lol::sad:

Back
Top Bottom