Golden Globes Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be seeing it on the 30th. I'm torn about seeing it, because the story/dialogue looks SO awful. But I hate to miss out on a huge pop culture phenom, and I do want to see how amazing it looks. Sucks that I'll be stuck with those uncomfortable glasses on my nose for over 2 hours, though.

Everthing I've heard/seen about Gabourey Sidibe leads me to believe that she is the sweetest, most adorable person ever.

I bet Sandra B gets nominated for an Oscar, but won't win. She's never been nominated, right? Maybe the nom will be her reward.

Don't get me started on how awful Remember the Titans is.

Harrison Ford needs to get working around the clock on removing that little earring. What the fuck, man? You're Han Solo. Have some self respect. Only D-Day can pull that off.

LAWL. Sandra Bullock wins a best actress award over Helen Mirren. What the hell is happening?

And nobody gives a shit about Michael Stuhlbarg, of course. By all means let's just get RDJ on TV for a few more seconds though, since that's what matters.

Just remember - these are the people who gave Pia Zadora an award.

That's what I keep telling myself when I get annoyed at the GGs.

This Parenthood show might not be too bad. Nate Fisher and Mayonegg? Sign me up.

RDJ in Sherlock is the only performance in the category I haven't seen, but I can't possibly imagine it's not the worst.

This Parenthood show might not be too bad. Nate Fisher and Mayonegg? Sign me up.

Oh, THAT'S what you were talking about earlier.

I used to love the film Parenthood. Haven't seen it in years, so I don't know if I'd still love it.

"Well if grandma's so smart, how come she's sitting in the neighbor's car?!"

Man, my Basterds are getting their ass handed to them...oh well, at least my Christoph Waltz won!

:hyper:

christoph_waltz.jpg

ELOQUENT MOTHERFUCKER

He must have been thinking about all the ways he could have used "Globe" in his speech all night

ILU KATE WINSLET.

Hm, guess I'm going to have to see Crazy Heart.

Also, I need to watch Starman again. "We make baby tonight? Jenny Hayden."

Winslet looks gorgeous. And there really isn't much of a surprise in The Dude winning this one.

Will this be the year he finally gets his Oscar? Methinks it is time .... JENNY HAYDEN.

Also, this show needed more Ricky Gervais.

^Me thinks as well...

This man looks great for his age...what is he on, and where can I get sum?

BTW: Where the fuck are the Star Trek noms...srsly, where are they?

I'M THE KING OF THE BLUE WORLD!!!!!!!!

I hope it doesn't win. I think it'll go to Up In the Air.

Mind you, I don't think I've seen any of the drama nominees yet. So I'm just pulling this out of my ass.

I will see Crazy:heart: this week. Props to T-Bone without him this film would not be what it is.

I remember in the 90s I went to see Lynn Redgrave do Shakespeare For My Father.

The whole Bridges family was there Lloyd from my childhood SeaHunt days, his wife, Beau and wife, Jeff, wife and all of their kids. They were sitting a couple of rows over, it was pretty cool.

Lynn Redgrave's one woman show was amazing.

Julia forgot to brush her hair.

I'm laughing everytime someone gives a T-Bone shout out from the stage - it just sounds like some frat guy's nickname.

Back
Top Bottom