Golden Globes Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: tall folk

I was wondering that about Leo and Scorsese. Is Martin that short, or is Leo that tall?

I can't think of the actress's name, but she plays Emma, the guidance counselor who hates germs and wears cute clothes and pines after the glee club leader teacher guy, and speaks in this wimpy little girl voice that drives me bat-shit crazy.

Jemma Mays? I think that's her name. I can't stand her chacter.

Actually, the only adult character I like on Glee is Jane Lynch's character.

So they've given out TWO awards in the last 25 minutes, right? Holy fuck, no wonder nobody can stand watching these things.

I can't think of the actress's name, but she plays Emma, the guidance counselor who hates germs and wears cute clothes and pines after the glee club leader teacher guy, and speaks in this wimpy little girl voice that drives me bat-shit crazy.

the one that is stuck on Glee teacher

classic example of difference between men's and women's communicating skills

Wow. Fuck The Hangover. Funny the first time you see it, insufferable every time after.

I've been meaning to see that Tyson doc. Heard great things.

Like most modern "comedies"? Yeah, I imagine it is.

Suppose you're right, although I think Anchorman and 40 Year Old Virgin hold up even despite overquoting.

Once was plenty, although I laughed pretty hard watching it. I'm actually glad it won over the others.

It gets worse and worse every time. Give me %00 [sic] Days of Summer over the rest of those.

Ha. I liked that one more than I was expecting, but I didn't think it was all that funny to be lumped into a comedy category.

Suppose you're right, although I think Anchorman and 40 Year Old Virgin hold up even despite overquoting.

I've never rewatched Anchorman, so I can't say. Virgin gets progressively less funny every time, but it's still one of the more successful recent ones in that regard. A big problem with comedies this decade has been a complete lack of storytelling, in favor of straight gags and improvised goof-offery, which can be funny the first time, but it's not a sustainable work of comedy by any means.

That's been in my Netflix queue forever ....... or maybe I already saw it and just forgot? Which must not say much for what I thought about it.

Good lord. Avatar looks more stupid with every promo I see.

I've never rewatched Anchorman, so I can't say. Virgin gets progressively less funny every time, but it's still one of the more successful recent ones in that regard. A big problem with comedies this decade has been a complete lack of storytelling, in favor of straight gags and improvised goof-offery, which can be funny the first time, but it's not a sustainable work of comedy by any means.

Good points there, although I disagree on Virgin getting less funny. It doesn't get more funny, but I always get a kick out of it.

Back
Top Bottom