Golden Globes Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
holy shit, Xtina looks GREAT (and another pale dress). Did she finally get the memo that she looks beautiful without 500 tons of makeup?

holy shit, Xtina looks GREAT (and another pale dress). Did she finally get the memo that she looks beautiful without 500 tons of makeup?

She's been playing it right for a few years now. Definitely looked great.

And I'm glad Shuttlecock didn't win for that awful new version of "Winner." Serves them right for butchering it. Maybe losing this and not getting many Grammy nominations will make them rail against their making-music-for-awards thing.

So among a bunch of songs no one ever heard of, the winner is .... a song no one ever heard of.

She's been playing it right for a few years now. Definitely looked great.

I've been seeing all sorts of candid shots of her out and about, looking all orange and horrid. Maybe that's her "day off" look and she tones down the makeup for official events. Ha.

Up had a nice score, but how cool would it have been to see KO walk up there?

"The Weary Kind" is a great song. It's a shame that the Up in the Air song was DQ'd because it was written out of accordance with the film (a guy saw an early screening, wrote a song, and sent the tape to Jason Reitman). I haven't heard any of the Princess tracks or Nine songs, but I will at some point.

Giacchino's score is the only award that Up should've won.

I liked Giacchino's Land of the Lost score a little more than Up's, and Star Trek's was satisfying, but lacked a great main theme up there with The Motion Picture's (re-used as the Next Gen theme) or Wrath of Khan. That being said, Michael Giacchino's one of my favorite working composers and consistently puts out awesome scores.

His Cloverfield overture is tremendous.

I thought Grey Gardens was good - Drew Barrymore was VERY good.

Hey look, more pale-colored dresses!

Amy Adams looks incredibly drab.

I can't believe Tom Hanks' joke about an upgrade from Alec Baldwin got a gasp. Seriously?

There's pictures of Edge and Morleigh in Pleba for those who dare to go there.

And...I think Bono's not there because he is finishing the song they wrote for Haiti. There is a mutli-network telethon tomorrow night....not sure if they are performing or it if it is for the George Clooney one on Friday? Anybody know anything?

Listen Grey Gardens lady. There are rules here. This isn't 'Nam. When the "get off the stage" music starts playing, you don't go and make an entire separate speech yourself.

There is a mutli-network telethon tomorrow night....not sure if they are performing or it if it is for the George Clooney one on Friday? Anybody know anything?

I don't think there have been any announcements about who's participating/performing in Friday's telethon.

Back
Top Bottom