Golden Globes Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ha! I used to be so into figure skating. These days, I don't even know who the heavy hitters are.

I did watch the men's US long program today, though. I'd at least heard of Evan Lysacek and Johnny Weir (how could you forget about Johnny Weir?).

Cameron has lost his marbles and thinks his stupid alien language is real. So does this have the momentum now? Is it the front runner for Best Picture? That would be unfortunate and I really don't think it deserves it. Exhibit A:

Yeah, come on! Show me what you got! Oh yeah, who's bad? That's right. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about bitch. That's right, get your punk ass back to mommy. Yeah, you've got nothing. You keep running. Why don't you bring some of your friends, huh?

Gag me.

A couple of thrilling action sequences, sure, and Michelle Rodriguez was hawt but come on. Hopefully the Academy doesn't get swept up in all the hype and box office receipts.

I'm laughing pretty hard at these comments from another site re: Avatar winning.

"James Cameron Imma let you finish but Ferngully is the greatest Ferngully of all time!!"

"And thank god we have the movies to show us the whole world is connected ... Pay no attention to the Haiti relief efforts behind the sparkly smurfs."

"I guess there really was no tape delay. Otherwise I would like to think that James Cameron jerking himself off wouldn't have made it past the censors."

:lol:

It seemed to start before it came out, then everyone paused to say "Hey, that's actually pretty cool," and then fifteen minutes later, it started up again. :)

With the exception of Christoph Waltz and Glee, nothing else made me really happy tonight. :down:

Especially the complete disregard for The Hurt Locker. Every year I get reminded why I shouldn't care about award shows and like 10 months later when the Oscar bait season rolls around I forget the lessons I learned. :angry:

Bah. There were a ton of great speeches, but other than their Crazy Heart love they went box office all the way. There goes any shot for 500 Days of Summer at the Oscars besides original screenplay, :sad:.

In case anyone missed Nicole's dress

nicole-kidman-2010-golden-globe-awards-red-carpet-05.jpg

Why does Jon Hamm have a beard? :sad:

I thought Sandra Bullock, Penelope Cruz, and January Jones looked great. So did Kate Hudson, Kate Winslet- and Cameron Diaz..that color just popped.

I liked the closeup of The Edge and Mrs. The Edge-so cute

Mariah Carey-we know you have very large breasts. You don't have to keep proving it to us.

I'm so excited for Glee and Mad Men. I would've loved to have seen Hugh Laurie or Jon Hamm take home Best Actor, though. Hugh, especially, during the second half of last season was brilliant as House slowly started losing it. Although, Jon's acting during the second half of this season of MM was really great as well. Either way, I think one of them should've won. Glee's win was definitely my favorite of the night. Christina Hendricks was the best dressed in my opinion. She looked like a 40s or 50s movie star. I have such a girl crush on her. And Jon Hamm, even with the beard, he's still sexy as hell.:combust: I'm usually not a fan of beards either, but he's just a fine looking man.:drool:

Back
Top Bottom