Glee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
Glee

I guess the show is called that, no Club in the name.

anyways,
If you are going to steal
steal from the best.

Election
was a hilarious movie.

If this series is 1/2 as good - we are in for a treat.

I didn't get to watch it tonight, was it any good? I'm really looking forward to this show.

I believe the show is just called "Glee"...

No club. But, that doesn't matter. I've got it recorded and there's about a 20 to 25% chance that I watch it.

I believe the show is just called "Glee"...

No club. But, that doesn't matter. I've got it recorded and there's about a 20 to 25% chance that I watch it.

Gaf...watch it for me....watch it for me because I am silly and forgot I have DVR at home...come on GAF.

Gaf...watch it for me....watch it for me because I am silly and forgot I have DVR at home...come on GAF.

:hmm:

I could watch it. Or I could listen to a DI list. Or I could just sit here listening to more random stuff on my iTunes or I could watch an episode or two of Buffy The Vampire Slayer or I could just lounge around and do nothin or...or....I don't know!

The perils of an insomniac!

:hmm:

I could watch it. Or I could listen to a DI list. Or I could just sit here listening to more random stuff on my iTunes or I could watch an episode or two of Buffy The Vampire Slayer or I could just lounge around and do nothin or...or....I don't know!

The perils of an insomniac!

I know, and the answer is, watch Glee. Come onnnnnnnn.

It's supposed to be on the Fox website all summer. I'm sure you'll have time to catch the episode before fall. Watched it tonight :up:

This show was amazing. I completely loved it. It was funny, it was sweet, and it's about finding joy in singing. What's not to love?

I'm a little leery of my complete love of the pilot, though - I felt that way about the Ugly Betty pilot and then got really tired of it really fast.

I can't believe they're making us wait until fall, though. I want more NOW!

Loved the show! I was singing Journey all night. Being a teacher it was great to watch. Can't wait until fall!

:up: Finally caught this on the net. Good stuff for a pilot. Excellent little cliffhanger. I hope they can take the show somewhere with it.

I finally had a chance to watch it today. Wow, wow, wow. I absolutely loved it.:love: It's well-written in both the comedy and drama aspects. It reminds me a lot of "Freaks and Geeks" (which I love), in terms of style. I really hope it doesn't go down that path in the criminally early cancellation, though. I can't wait til fall. The previews at the end look like it's only going to get better. I heard it had 15 million viewers last week (of course, I'm sure some of those were just curious about all they hype FOX has been giving it and/or it's post-Idol time slot), but with all the great reviews I've seen from both critics and viewers, it seems like it has a good shot.

Just watched this. Wow. I hope this doesn't sound like silly hyperbole, but I think this was one of the better Pilot episodes I've ever seen on TV. I feel like a lesser show would have taken a full 20 episode season to get through the story arc that we saw in this one hour episode. Seriously. What a great job they did with this introduction. I may or may not have gotten chills when they busted into that AWESOME performance of "Don't Stop Believin" at the very end. :shh:

The cast is great. Jane Lynch has been stealing scenes left and right in comedy movies for years.

And the lead girl Rachel or whatever. Look out. If that's her actual real singing voice...she is the real deal and I am completely in love.

Just watched this. Wow. I hope this doesn't sound like silly hyperbole, but I think this was one of the better Pilot episodes I've ever seen on TV. I feel like a lesser show would have taken a full 20 episode season to get through the story arc that we saw in this one hour episode. Seriously. What a great job they did with this introduction.

The cast is great. Jane Lynch has been stealing scenes left and right in comedy movies for years.

And the lead girl Rachel or whatever. Look out. If that's her actual real singing voice...she is the real deal and I am completely in love.

Yup. The entire cast does their own singing, I've heard. The actress who plays Rachel is actually one of the original Broadway cast members from Spring Awakening. I cannot wait for fall. This show is going to be my new obsession.:heart:

Yes. :D

And of course it's her actual singing voice. I don't know why I even questioned that for a second.

Seriously, though. This show is amazing and it totally made my day (I'm pathetic)

But for reals. Let me relay a quick story about the Journey song Don't Stop Believin. As cheesy as it may sound, that song became the unofficial anthem of sorts for the 2005 Chicago White Sox team that won the World Series. Late in the year and throughout the playoff run, the team would play the song in the clubhouse after every game. Word of this quickly spread and it kind of caught fire amongst Chicagoans as the rally cry for a beloved baseball team. A few of our players actually performed a goofy and heartfelt a-cappella version of the song at the World Series parade a couple days after we won it all. I was there and it was beautiful.

So, yeah, I loved the song for a good year or so after we won the World Series. Eventually, I got sick of it. Every time it was played at a bar or something (which is more often than you would probably think) someone would come up to me and be like "Hey man, it's the White Sox song!"

So I actually grew to sorta hate the thing.

Now it's May 28th 2009, and in strolls Lea Michele and the closeted football jock and the wheelchair dude with the guitar and the big black girl all dressed in red and they perform a FIERCE rendition of the song and I fall in love with it all over again. I am currently trying to download this version. I'll stop talking now.

Yes. :D

And of course it's her actual singing voice. I don't know why I even questioned that for a second.

Seriously, though. This show is amazing and it totally made my day (I'm pathetic)

But for reals. Let me relay a quick story about the Journey song Don't Stop Believin. As cheesy as it may sound, that song became the unofficial anthem of sorts for the 2005 Chicago White Sox team that won the World Series. Late in the year and throughout the playoff run, the team would play the song in the clubhouse after every game. Word of this quickly spread and it kind of caught fire amongst Chicagoans as the rally cry for a beloved baseball team. A few of our players actually performed a goofy and heartfelt a-cappella version of the song at the World Series parade a couple days after we won it all. I was there and it was beautiful.

So, yeah, I loved the song for a good year or so after we won the World Series. Eventually, I got sick of it. Every time it was played at a bar or something (which is more often than you would probably think) someone would come up to me and be like "Hey man, it's the White Sox song!"

So I actually grew to sorta hate the thing.

Now it's May 28th 2009, and in strolls Lea Michele and the closeted football jock and the wheelchair dude with the guitar and the big black girl all dressed in red and they perform a FIERCE rendition of the song and I fall in love with it all over again. I am currently trying to download this version. I'll stop talking now.

It's the number 3 song on iTunes right now.:lol: They do a great job with it, it actually rivals the original almost. Also, the football player is hot, so I hope they don't make his character gay. But that's just my shallow-ness coming through.

It's the number 3 song on iTunes right now.:lol:

No shit? That's awesome. It deserves it. At this moment I like it more than the original but a lot of that probably has to do with it being all shiny and new.

Nah, I don't think he'll turn out to be gay actually...they might go with the angle of him getting together with Rachel but who knows? I just looked it up and I guess it comes back on September 16th. That's the same week as the U2 shows in Chicago.

What am I looking forward to more? NEW GLEE.

No shit? That's awesome. It deserves it. At this moment I like it more than the original but a lot of that probably has to do with it being all shiny and new.

Nah, I don't think he'll turn out to be gay actually...they might go with the angle of him getting together with Rachel but who knows? I just looked it up and I guess it comes back on September 16th. That's the same week as the U2 shows in Chicago.

What am I looking forward to more? NEW GLEE.

Sweet! We should meet up at a karoake bar after the show and do our own kick-ass rendition of the song.

Sweet! We should meet up at a karoake bar after the show and do our own kick-ass rendition of the song.

Yes, we totally should.

That reminds me that I really need to get some stuff straightened out for those concerts. Right now I only have crappy way up high seats for both the Saturday and Sunday shows and I desperately need to trade those in or something or sell them for some GA's. I'll probably have to look into that pretty soon. But that's another story for another day.

Yes, we totally should.

That reminds me that I really need to get some stuff straightened out for those concerts. Right now I only have crappy way up high seats for both the Friday and Saturday shows and I desperately need to trade those in or something or sell them for some GA's. I'll probably have to look into that pretty soon. But that's another story for another day.

You don't have GA's? FAIL. Get on that, son.

Number 4 on the Hot 100 Billboard chart - insane.

Does this kind of thing happen much - they show a pilot and then hold off for three months for the rest of the show? Seems a bit cruel to me. Anyhow - top show :)

:bump:

Caught the pilot last week, and pretty much adored it. There were some parts where I was a bit bored, but it was the pilot, so I'll let that slide. As a former choir nerd, I LOVED the singing, and Don't Stop Believing gave me frickin' goosebumps. Loved the other glee club doing Rehab. Seems like this has a lot of potential, and I'll definitely be watching this season.

Looking forward to seeing the next episode tonight! :D

Back
Top Bottom