Glee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hm. Should be potentially interesting. Wonder if she'll go at them with any sort of "gotcha" stuff, an in joke about her thoughts on their photo shoot :p?

The Zutons. It was a much bigger hit in the UK than it was over here in the States, so I thought that was a very cool, kinda unexpected choice for the producers to make as the closing song in the big Sectionals performance.

Ah, okay, thanks :). I'm familiar with the Zutons, a friend sent me a CD of theirs a few years ago. Some good stuff on it. Will have to hear their version of that song, then, 'cause I liked it. I fully agree, that's one of the things I do love about this show, their musical tastes are rather eclectic and they do bring in some unusual, lesser-known songs every now and again.

I had the "Dog Days" song in my head the rest of the night after that show. I like that song, too.

Angela

Well I could miss her , but that's gonna be a bummer for most of the guys :|

I wan't an episode on Mike Chang!
Seriously , He's still a total stranger even tough he's in the second season of the show!

Adds a bit of mystery to him, though :). But yeah, it would be neat to learn a little more about him.

So, am I the only one who, when Kurt and Blaine were doing "Baby, It's Cold Outside" (sidenote: I've always liked that song), actually said out loud, "Oh, just kiss already!" Such cute flirtation (and that's the only time he popped up, for those who complain about the lack of focus on other characters), I can't wait until they finally get together. If they ever do.

Way to use the inspiration of the Grinch story, too. Sue in green makeup-oh, dear :p. And I freely admit to tearing up at the bit with Artie towards the end-it's a Christmas show, it's going to be touching and sappy, and I'm completely fine with that. Much as I liked it when he and Tina were together, I'm liking him and Brittney quite a bit, too. Sweet little storyline there, especially with the way everyone rallied around Brittney for the Santa thing.

And I've had "Last Christmas" in my head all night. That has to be one of THE most covered Christmas songs ever, swear to God...

Angela

Good episode. Shocking lack of Kurt for most of the show. Probably why I liked it so much. :love: Also wow, I'm surprised they are really pushing Brit into a lot of stories this season. They must have had lots of positive feedback for her character during the show's breaks, because they have her get just as much screen time lately as anyone else on the show.

I wish they had found a way to put in Lea's version of O Holy Night because holy crap that's one of her best vocals yet. Didn't make sense for the show though, so it's understandable. Good song choices though.

Last night's episode of Glee "stink, stank, stunk." Okay, maybe my assessment is a bit harsh, but I was underwhelmed and I kept looking at my clock during Glee's airing. I love "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"(the late Dr. Seuss and I share a birthday), but I wish the writers would have tried something a bit more original instead of reiterating a holiday classic. Sometimes I think Glee is a bit full of itself, and is resting on its laurels. Then again, maybe it will regain steam once it comes back in February. A girl can dream right? Here is my Glist.

Sue the Grinch-by GLG

1. Why do I think Will's act of charity towards the homeless kids seemed more like a plan to impress Emma than actually giving a shit about homeless kids? Damn, I've grown cynical over this character.

2. Also, Will's sweaters were all kinds of fug. What's next? A Cosby sweater?

3. I saw Sue tampering with the Secret Santa coming a mile away.

4. Brittany's ditziness used to be kind of charming, but now I find it irritating. A high school student still believing in Santa Claus? Yes, I know Glee is hardly realistic, but come on!

5. That being said, I thought Brittany talking to Coach Bieste dressed up as Santa Claus was charming. Coach Bieste is becoming a favorite of mine. I like how she combines toughness with empathy and kindness.

6. There are two Jewish characters on this show, Rachel and Puck, and we can't even have a moment of them singing, "I Have a Little Dreidel?" Even my shiksa ass has made latkes!

7. I loved Blaine and Kurt's duet on "Baby, It's Cold Outside." And I wish they would have kissed afterward. I need my hoyay!

8. I'm really getting sick of Sue using Becky for her evil ends. Making Becky into Max the "reindog" and pulling her around just looked exploitive. I hope Becky's parents get on Sue's ass.

9. I know the glee kids aren't exactly popular with their peers, but having a teacher throw a shoe at them while they're caroling? Are they President George W. Bush?

10. When Will came home and noticed the fire in the fireplace, the first thought I had was Terri broke in and was going to tell Will she's pregnant for real this time. Nope, it was Sue and the glee kids making sure Will is not alone on Christmas because we all know they have absolutely nothing important to do for Christmas. Where are Will's parents? I would have loved to have seen Will's mother get drunk on eggnog and fall into the Christmas tree.

11. Artie's ReWalk is the real deal. Argo Medical Technologies

12. Okay, was I the only one who coveted Rachel's adorable navy dress with the white piping? Nope.

Rachel's blue dress, only $165 from Brook Brothers. Anyone want to get it for me for Christmas? :D

Screen+shot+2010-12-08+at+2.44.01+PM.png

This blog has info on where to get clothes seen on various "Glee" episodes.

And this blog shows how to dress like Emma.

8. I'm really getting sick of Sue using Becky for her evil ends. Making Becky into Max the "reindog" and pulling her around just looked exploitive. I hope Becky's parents get on Sue's ass.

Good point. I've been wondering a bit about that myself. I'm just waiting for the day when she finally refuses an order.

9. I know the glee kids aren't exactly popular with their peers, but having a teacher throw a shoe at them while they're caroling? Are they President George W. Bush?

:lol: I thought the exact same thing.

10. When Will came home and noticed the fire in the fireplace, the first thought I had was Terri broke in and was going to tell Will she's pregnant for real this time.

My sister thought that, too. She was like, "Seriously, if it's Terri in there I'm going to scream..." No surprise the kids showed up, I kinda had a feeling they might, but was a bit surprised to see Sue show up.

And I like your idea of seeing Will's parents.

11. Artie's ReWalk is the real deal. Argo Medical Technologies

That's really cool :up: :). Thanks for the link.

Angela

Anne Hathaway is expected to play the lesbian aunt of Chris Colfer's character, Kurt. "She's already created her role" creator Ryan Murphy told People magazine. "She wants to play the lesbian aunt of Chris Colfer. Because everyone needs a lesbian aunt."

Enjoying the eavesdropping afforded me by my Swiss timepiece regularity and the utter silence of my 2 p.m. ninja poops.

BUMP.

Alright, I'm currently on Hulu trying to catch up with this show. Until today I hadn't seen an episode since the Super Bowl ep.

Some really good stuff. Especially the episode I'm watching right now, from two weeks ago, called "Blame It On The Alcohol."

Two lines that have made me laugh my ass off and reminded me, after more than a month of not even thinking about Glee, why I love this show -

Sue's intercom speech after the botched assembly:

"The alcoholic teen vomit fetishist Will Schuester..."

And this little quip from Brittany:

Quinn: "There's a fair amount of the pot calling the kettle black right now."
Brittany: "That is so racist."

Oh, shit. Plus, the whole drunken party at Rachel's house was really entertaining. And Brittany looked fantastic in her Ke$ha outfit (or as Figgins would say Key Dollar Sign HA). Definitely my favorite Glee episode in a long time.

I was so close to breaking up with the show, but the last few episodes have been a definite improvement.

Last week I loved the talk Burt gave Kurt - that's by far the best "birds and the bees" talk given by a parent on TV that I've ever seen.

Can I just say that I'm so tired of Rachel? They need to stop giving her all the damn solos. It's not the Rachel Berry show. Haaaaate. The original songs were pretty boring and not all that original - I actually liked the Warbler's songs better. :lol:

Oh, man. Those original songs were dope. "Loser Like Me" was a lot of fun. I'm a sucker for a super cheesy anti-haters song. It was a nice piece of fluffy feel goodness courtesy of Max Martin. I liked the call back to making the Loser sign on their foreheads, because those were the first promo images I remember seeing for the show waaaaaaaaaay back in the '09 (!) - all the kids making that L sign.

That Darren Criss guy has a bright future. I mean, he's a big star already just because he's been a regular on the show for a while now, but he's talented. I hope Blaine and Kurt can be happy without a bunch of drama to get in their way (That's not gonna happen. This is television).

Brittany's favorite song of all-time is "My Headband" :heart:

The thing with Rachel being the star in this episode - they actually have cut back on her a bit this season, and from the beginning of the show her character has basically taken nothing but shit from everybody. So I thought her getting all the love and the MVP was a great moment. But, you guys know where my loyalties lie when it comes to this show, so that shouldn't be too surprising.

It also may have been a sly wink to all the journalists and people who constantly print articles about how Lea Michele is a bitch and nobody on the cast likes her. That is totally not true (just trust me :wink:) and I almost feel like giving her the spotlight and having the entire cast run up to her and give her the big group hug was a way of saying "Yeah, you're wrong, we love her. Fuck off."

At least that's how I'm going to interpret it.

Now that I'm caught up, I've really liked these last few episodes, and the show seems to be going strong. Ryan Murphy and his team have, thankfully, not forgotten how to write a viciously brilliant one liner.

Of course there are flaws, but I still love it.

I actually liked the Warbler's songs better. :lol:

I kinda did, too :p. But I didn't think the original songs were that bad, either-"Loser Like Me" made me smile (and I love the way they ended the performance of it), and Santana and Mercedes' original songs they did I rather liked, too.

Also, I'd like to make a request that the Warblers officially record a version of every top 40 song ever from now on, because if it's a song I like they make it even more entertaining, and if it's a song I don't like they manage to make me like it, or at least, their version of it. My sister FREAKED when they covered Maroon 5 and Hey Monday on Tuesday's show, 'cause she loves those bands (she was particularly surprised at the Hey Monday one, 'cause she says that's a band that it seems nobody seems to know about besides her. At least, here in town, anyway).

She also was exceedingly happy to see Blaine and Kurt finally get together, too-when they kissed, she was on the couch squealing with...um...glee :p. Me, I just sat there going, "ABOUT TIME!" I love them together, and of course, like GAF says, they'll have their drama, sure, but I hope they last as a couple, 'cause they're good. I'm totally rooting for them.

Yeah. My sister'd be in agreement with you guys-she too had some complains at the beginning of the season, but she's been really liking these last few episodes overall. As have I. Some very interesting twists and turns in the show of late, I look forward to seeing where they'll go with all this stuff.

I'm glad to see this thread get bumped back up, I was wondering if anyone was still watching the show.

Angela

I don't know how I forgot about Mercedes' song, but hers was definitely the best of the originals. I may have to download that one. Puck's also made me giggle. :D

If Kurt/Blain don't have any drama it would be incredibly unrealistic to the Glee universe. Every single relationship on the show has lying, cheating, hating, etc. Although I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ryan Murphy wanted the only gay coupling on the show to be written as the most perfect and sweet.

The original songs were pretty cool. They could have turned out awful but they actually kinda pulled it off. Even Trouty Mouth made me laugh. I'm glad they won too, because it would be silly to have them continually get their hopes crushed every season, just to repeat the same story next time. I'm guessing next finale will be them taking on Nationals against Sunshine and Vocal Adrenaline (she was recruited by them right? I already forgot) I wonder if they plan to have them do originals again or just go for more epic songs.

I love that song, I can't believe anyone would even attempt to cover an Adele song. So props for even trying I guess.

Gwyneth Paltrow heads back to "Glee" this Tuesday, facing perhaps her greatest challenge yet.

The actress and newly ambitious singer returns to the show as Holly Holliday, sex ed teacher and love interest of Matthew Morrison's Mr. Schuester. Paltrow has tackled original songs (in her film, "Country Strong) and classic covers (including Joan Jett's version of "Do You Wanna Touch Me?" and Stevie Nicks' "Landslide"), but this week, she'll be working to put her spin on a song from the Billboard Music Chart's current champion.

Paltrow covers Adele's "Turning Tables," a soulful song that's helped launch the singer's album, "21," to number one for four of the past five weeks.

YouTube - Gwyneth Paltrow - Turning Tables

:bump:

What did y'all think of the Season 3 premiere?

Quinn looked smokin' hot in her new punk rock outfit. And the Ryan Seacrest tattoo is great.

I thought that "Holy Shhhhhhhhhh...ugar" was probably the most (intentionally) funny thing that Will Schuester has ever said on the show.

Line of the night goes to Kurt, though:

"Why is the T-Rex eating the jew?"

Back
Top Bottom