Glee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm more bummed that there will be no Puck in the Rocky Horror episode (per Entertainment Weekly):

Question: Where is Mark Salling? Is he gone permanently? Is it due to his release of a non-Glee album? You have to know something about this, right?! —Missy
Ausiello: Puck up, Missy! Though I dunno whether his absence is a side effect of his decision to work on music that isn’t in the genre of R&Glee, I do know that it’s only temporary. He’ll miss one more episode—the Oct. 26 Rocky Horror Picture Show tribute—but will be back on the air in a big way in early November.

glee05_628.jpg

a typical high school picture

Oh, wow... Leftover clothes from the Britney episode, I take it :wink:?

Nice little article there. Pretty much sums up why I like this show (and the fact that the Parents' Television Council condemned it makes it all the better :D!).

Paul McCartney sent Murphy a mixtape full of tracks he thought would work well on a Sir Paul episode, which means there's a possibility that at some point in the future, Glee will turn a generation of tweens on to "Temporary Secretary" and "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey."

:laugh: :hmm: Now that I would be quite curious to see (along with a U2 episode. I happened to like their version of "One", it'd be cool to see an entire episode around their songs).

Also, I've never seen "Cop Rock", but I've heard OF it-does that count :p?

Angela

I think those GQ pictures are lame. Attention seeking and just silly. It's working of course, GQ is getting all the attention they wanted.

I think Lea can show off her weight loss (if that's one thing she's trying to do) in a red carpet dress and she looks more attractive than she does there. But I guess that's what some GQ readers want :shrug:

I think the photo spread is rather gross and skeevy, but that's more due to the photographer, Terry Richardson, being gross and skeevy himself.

I think Lea can show off her weight loss (if that's one thing she's trying to do) in a red carpet dress and she looks more attractive than she does there. But I guess that's what some GQ readers want :shrug:

Weight loss? Do you see dat ass? :wink:

Girl's got curves, and is working them. If she's lost weight since the show started, it's nothing very significant at all. At least to my eyes. She was pretty much the same shape when the show started, no? Not that I'm paying attention to Lea Michele's body or anything.

Anyway, this is a trivial matter. It's a magazine photoshoot that nobody's going to remember in two weeks. Nothing to get up in arms about.

This show rules.

My girl Lea is lookin too fine:

glee02.jpg

glee07.jpg

glee09.jpg

glee13_628.jpg

This show is a huge hit with kids, junior high and high school kids

what kind of signal is this sending?

these actors should have thought about that,
like it or not they are role models, or the characters they play are

I could understand better if they were pictures of the actors on a beach on vacation, but this pictorial is them 'in character, in a school setting'

no wonder kids are sexting pics of themselves

deep, I know you like to play devil's advocate, but come on.

What junior high and high school kid reads GQ magazine? And, the infinitesimal percentage that will see these pictures, what do you think? They're going to see the cast in skimpy clothes so they're going to immediately strip off their own clothes and go fuck somebody? The show itself, which these kids do watch, has sex in it all the time. There have been many big plotlines about sex already on the show. If you want to blame Glee for contributing to the downfall of our American teenage society (which is ridiculous), blame the show itself, not these fucking magazine photos.

Let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill, pardon the cliche.

Weight loss? Do you see dat ass? :wink:

Girl's got curves, and is working them. If she's lost weight since the show started, it's nothing very significant at all. At least to my eyes. She was pretty much the same shape when the show started, no? Not that I'm paying attention to Lea Michele's body or anything.

Anyway, this is a trivial matter. It's a magazine photoshoot that nobody's going to remember in two weeks. Nothing to get up in arms about.

This show rules.

She's definitely lost a lot of weight. I don't feel like looking up pictures, but it's obvious to me.

Re: the photoshoot, I loved Dianna's response to all the kerfuffle: I’d like to start by saying that these are solely... - Dianna Agron, but you can call me Charlie.

Very well said.

deep, I know you like to play devil's advocate, but come on.

What junior high and high school kid reads GQ magazine? And, the infinitesimal percentage that will see these pictures, what do you think? They're going to see the cast in skimpy clothes so they're going to immediately strip off their own clothes and go fuck somebody? The show itself, which these kids do watch, has sex in it all the time. There have been many big plotlines about sex already on the show. If you want to blame Glee for contributing to the downfall of our American teenage society (which is ridiculous), blame the show itself, not these fucking magazine photos.

Let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill, pardon the cliche.
come on
do you really think very many people will see these in a print magazine?

for every person that sees a hard copy magazine, there will probably be 10,000+ that see them online.

I get that you dig it. But how about a 13 year old girl that just wants to be popular, watches the show and follows it online?

These people should have given more consideration to their broad fan base that has propelled their huge success.

Again if they wanted to do pictures as themselves, not in character or in a school setting, I think those that are complaining would have a less legitimate argument.

among others.

This magazine spread is for the "others", not 13 year old girls. In fact, Glee is not as "kid-friendly" as people keep claiming. It's been rated TV14 many episodes. This is a show that just had two girls laying on a bed together talking about scissoring. Turn the channel to Disney or Nickelodeon for wholesome family entertainment.

i don't think anyone raised a ruckus when the actress lea michele did a sexy photo shoot for a magazine

0831lea-michele-mohair-sweater_fa.jpg

6uip2xakuf0lfulx.jpg

the problem with the current shoot is that it is in character at a school setting

one might expect to find athletes foot in a locker room, not camel toe.

I'd be happy if they came up with something sexy that was halfway original, not yet another "here are girls in skimpy clothes making sexy faces while the guy sits around fully clothed and ... well, just sits there."

I'd be happy if they came up with something sexy that was halfway original, not yet another "here are girls in skimpy clothes making sexy faces while the guy sits around fully clothed and ... well, just sits there."

Yep, and it's just so cheesy and cliche and pandering to something..what that is is up to the viewer I guess.

She has curves? I don't see any. She did before-not now. Not in those GQ pics. Don't know how airbrushed and Photoshopped they are, she still might not be thin or perfect enough.

I don't really know what I'm talking about, but one of the things I equate with "curves" is having a nice ass. Which I think is acceptable. Probably not the way most people define it, but now we're getting into semantics.

Lea Michele has a nice ass.

Therefore, Lea Michele has curves.

And she can sing like a motherfucking siren. Good lord.

Sue Sylvester is one of the greatest fictional characters of 21st century television.

This show is a huge hit with kids, junior high and high school kids

what kind of signal is this sending?

these actors should have thought about that,
like it or not they are role models, or the characters they play are

I could understand better if they were pictures of the actors on a beach on vacation, but this pictorial is them 'in character, in a school setting'

no wonder kids are sexting pics of themselves

Ummmmm...No.

1. This show is not and has not ever been wholesome or meant for kids. The first episode had Finn ejaculating in a hot tub! ( and thinking that could get his gf pregnant doing so!)

2. The characters are hardly role models. Cheating, lying, name calling/bullying, lots of meaningless sex, ect. If your kid thinks these are admirable qualities, you fail at parenting.

I thought it was all right. However, I've never seen Rocky Horror before, so I'm probably not the best person to talk about it. :lol: I didn't know any of the songs, so it wasn't as interesting to me. The other parts were better, in my opinon. Becky had a HILARIOUS line that had me in stitches afterward: "Give me some chocolate or I will CUT YOU!" :lmao: Her delivery of that was absolutely perfect!

Uncle Jesse is still gorgeous, and he looked incredibly delicious during the song he did. :lol: :shallow:

I dunno, this show rubs me the wrong way (despite Lea Michele being capable of rubbing me the very, very right way (except for those huge flubbery Micha Barton-esque lips)).

If the toned down the pitch correction on the musical numbers to something that wasn't ridiculous I'd probably not mind them. As it is now I think it's a great popcorn TV show, the characters are good, writing's great. I just have to fast forward through the musical numbers. Which I guess defeats the purpose of the show for me.

I missed it because I was watching the Celtics game

Uncle Jesse is still gorgeous. I couldn't get to sleep so I watched him on Jimmy Kimmel and his eyes were just so sparkly and he was all dressed in black and it was really nice :drool:

Yeah I think if you fast forward through the musical numbers the purpose is defeated..the music is far too over processed. I'd love to hear what they all sound like without it. If you can sing (well) on Broadway I would guess you would still sound good-so Lea and Matthew and whatever other ones have done that might. John Stamos has been on Broadway too.

The thing is I don't even have a fundamental issue with pitch-corrected vocals. It's been going in pop music for ages now.

It's just how blatantly obvious it is in Glee, the notes that come from nowhere, the robotic vibrato, it's just hideous.

Did anyone else find it curious that they never once referred to it as the full title of Rocky Horror Picture Show? They just kept calling it Rocky Horror. I mean that's what most people call it, it's not a big deal, I just picked up on that for some reason and was wondering if there was some legal issue with calling it the full title. Probably not because they sang multiple songs from it, used all the imagery, etc. I don't know what I'm talking about.

Anyway. Decent episode. Nothing too memorable. Nice to see a return of Sue's Corner. The girls looked good in their costumes. And it's weird not having Puck around.

Back
Top Bottom