Glee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It sounded to me like they were doing a cover of the MJB version, as that one's done more as a duet, which fit the show better.

Kurt is one of the few characters I actually still like.

I've been hearing Nirvana on classic rock stations for a few years now. U2 has been classic rock for years before that. FYI.

Did this show jump the shark, so to speak? I haven't watched it in a while, but from what I gather, it's lost it's charm. Or is that just cori being curmudgeonly.

It doesn't really bother me if people think U2 is a "classic rock" band, even though they're still putting out music. The Stones have been releasing CDs for eons, and they're "classic rock."

Whaddya gonna do.

Yeah, you know what, I checked out of this conversation about a minute back. So, uh, good luck with your troubles and I'm gonna make it a habit not to stop and talk to students because this has been a colossal waste of my time.

Yeah I'm a broken record in here about it, but Lea is just incredible. Nice to see another fan.

Wasn't able to catch tonight's episode, but I'll hit it up tomorrow on the Hulu.

what's weird is that they even look alike.

what's also weird is that i saw Lea (and her on-show boyfriend guy) in Spring Awakening a few years ago on B'way.

I think Idina has shot down the rumor that her character is going to turn out to be Rachel's mother, as that was the jokey speculation since the show started - "They should have Idina Menzel play her mom, since they look so much alike!"

Oh well.

I think Idina has shot down the rumor that her character is going to turn out to be Rachel's mother, as that was the jokey speculation since the show started - "They should have Idina Menzel play her mom, since they look so much alike!"

Oh well.

I think she is her mom, isn't she? It's an interesting move by the writers, for sure. Because you're right, I remember reading way back this time last year when the pilot aired people saying that Idina Menzel (who I had never heard of at the time) should play Rachel's mother. I guess they're listening to their fans. And reading the internet.

Anyway. I liked NPH. His drunkenly exuberant belting of Piano Man put a smile on my face, and I liked his Aerosmith duet with Schuester. That's the most I've enjoyed that song in a long time. Overplayed on classic rock radio and all that. I usually hate when Schuester sings, too.

But, man. Quinn ain't gettin no play! She hasn't had anything more than one or two lines in every episode since they came back from the hiatus. She's always just in the back looking sad and holding her belly. Come on now, writers. Hook us up with a Quinn plot line, yo.

Show still rules.

EDIT: Hey, I just looked it up. The pilot premiered exactly one year ago tonight. :cute: Time flies.

:hyper:

From Madonna.com:

May 20, 2010
‘Glee’ Creator Confirms Second Madonna Episode
Glee creator Ryan Murphy recently confirmed that a second Madonna episode would be produced and that it would probably occur as part of the show’s next season.

Earlier this year, Glee devoted a full episode to Madonna’s music, including performances of Vogue, Like A Prayer and many more.

While the songs to be used in this new episode are not confirmed yet, Madonna and Glee fans can get ready for an amazing new tribute to the Material Girl’s music and career.

Charice Officially a GLEEK: Joins Cast Next Season

The Phillippine Daily Inquirer confirms that Charise, the Philippina singing sensation will join the cast of GLEE next season. Her manager, Grace Mendoza, tells the Inquirer: “Yes, it’s true, Charice will soon join GLEE…And not just as a guest, but as part of the cast in a new season.”

Charice, the 18 year old sizzling hot singing star from the Philippines, landed the No. 8 slot on last week’s Billboard charts with sales of 42,985 for her self-titled CD, it was confirmed today by 143/Reprise Records. With her 4th appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show the day of release, followed by a half hour performance that evening on QVC, Charice has clearly captured the hearts of Americans of all ages–and Canada as well, where her CD debuted at No. 4.

1. Haha, Rachel in her stuffed animal costume! :cute::cute::cute:

2. Loved Kurt's Dad ripping into Finn for dropping the F bomb.

3. "Poker Face" was great.

4. Mr. Schue busted out the slow clap at the end! Ha!

Well deserved smackdown. Although I can't blame Finn for getting pissed about Kurt's manipulating...lol, what was the line about redecorating the room to reflect Finn the way Kurt wants him to be.....uh, then the coverup recovery " to reflect Finn the way Finn wants to be"?

Back
Top Bottom