Glee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What y'all think of this premiere?

The first eight or ten minutes were great. With the whole documentary thing, love that they poked fun at themselves and didn't shy away from some of the negative stuff that people say about the show. And then Sue came in firing on all cylinders as usual. And I really like this new Coach Beiste character.

"The two of you have made a mistake the likes of which have not been seen since the Mexican Indians sold Manhattan to George Washington for an upskirt photo of Betsy Ross."

"Now take your juicy, vine-ripened chest fruit and get the hell out of my office."

The first eight or ten minutes were great. With the whole documentary thing, love that they poked fun at themselves and didn't shy away from some of the negative stuff that people say about the show.

I fully agree with this. Especially the bit about Will and his rapping and such. I mean, that never really bothered me personally, but I can see why others would've cringed at that, and I thought that was indeed a cute touch.

And I really like this new Coach Beiste character.

She's interesting, yes, and I think if they develop her character more she could be a good sparing partner for Sue.

I was kinda taken aback by how mean some of the characters were this show, though-Rachel sabotaging that girl's chances-I mean, I know she's incredibly competitive and all that, but I dunno if she would've gone that far last season, and Will getting involved in some of the making fun of the new coach, doesn't seem like him, really, either. And I'm sad that Artie and his girlfriend broke up, and the one Cheerio got implants...it just seems like some of the kids kinda forgot about the message of "being themselves". Course, I know some kids take a while to learn that lesson and such, but I dunno. Hopefully that makes sense :p.

It is the first episode, though, so we'll see how all this stuff gets sorted out as time goes on.

Also, the blond-haired guy that tried out for the club, yeah, think my sister's got a potential new crush :D.

Angela

I DVRd it. I said I was done with the show last spring, but I'm going to keep watching for at least another few episodes to see if the break did me good, or if it still annoys me. :wink:

Also, I at least need to see the Britney episode.

Mike Chang can be shirtless whenever he wants, as can Puck. /wallowing in the shallow end.

It was fun. I missed Sue Sylvester so much. The cheer tryouts were hilarious. I really loved Billionaire and Telephone.

This!

It was a fun episode. So glad to have it back. That new guy is kinda cute, although he really needs a haircut. :lol:

Brittany had so many funny one-liners that of course I can't remember today. I'm a little bit too excited about the Britney episode next week. :lol:

I write a list of my thoughts on the episodes of Glee at another site. Mind if I post it here? Well, here are my thoughts on "Audition."

1. Loved the opening sequence where Jacob JewFro grilled the Gleesters about the same shit fans complain about-Autotune, Will rapping, Rachel’s diva-ness.

2. Speaking of diva-ness, Rachel has gone from hyper-ambitious, annoying prima donna to an outright sociopath. Sending Sunshine to a crack house? Was this the same crack house Bryan Ryan used to hang out?

3. Lea Michelle, please eat something.

4. Mike Chang’s abs must be prominently exposed on every episode of “Glee.” Ryan Murphy, make it happen!

5. Dayum, Charice can sing! But her acting is a little weak. And how tiny is she? I think I was bigger in 3rd grade, and I was a very small kid.

6. I’m a horrible person, but I actually thought the Beiste was played by a man in drag, but she’s played by an actress named Dot Marie Jones. I was a little worried the Beiste might be cringe worthy, but there was some nuance to the characterization. I’m interested in how this character plays out.

7. Though the bullying scenes of the Beiste by Will and Sue did have moments of humor, I was still horrified. I was bullied as a kid and as an adult, and it is no picnic. Sure, I expect Sue to be a hosebeast, but I expect better from Will. Sadly, he’s so desperate to be liked he’d even join Sue to bully someone he barely knows. Grow the fuck up, Will.

8. Sam, the guy who sang “Billionaire,” has such a huge mouth he could blow a bag of dicks. I laughed myself silly when about the “balls in the mouth” joke. Ah, teabagger humor, good times.

9. Some people vacation in Hawaii. Some people vacation in New York City. Brittany gets lost in the sewers.

10. Favorite lines? “Stop the violence”-Brittany, “Fashion has no gender”-Kurt, and “Shut up!”-Sue Sylvester telling Rachel and Sunshine to can it while they were singing “Telephone.”

11. Finn auditioning for the Cheerios was hilarious. And so cool to see Becky as Sue’s assistant. I loved her snarking on Finn’s “dancing.”

12. I will now refer to my breasts as "juicy, vine-ripened chestfruit."

I'm so glad it's back! I loved everything about this episode. I can't wait to see Sue's war on Coach Bieste. That new kid is hot, and so are Mike Chang's abs. Finn's try-out for Cheerios was hilarious. I loved all the songs this week. Soooooo excited for Britney week next week! Golightly, I'm so happy to see you back!:hyper:

I keep finding it difficult to get into the show with my own baggage; namely, how old some of the actors look. Cory Monteith is 28 years old! I wonder if this year some will graduate like in Skins, or in Season 3 they keep lording over their 18 year old guest stars like Charice.

Geez, I'd forgotten how mean so many of the characters were. I kept noting incidents of the characters being heinous to each other.

I'm so torn - part of me wants to keep watching because I feel left out if I don't, but I'd forgotten how much I started disliking so many of the characters last year.

:(

I'll watch next week for the Britney episode, but I think that's it. Oh well. Alas.

Eh, well, if you choose to stop watching, cori, hopefully people's comments on here will fill you in well enough on what's going on :).

Mike Chang can be shirtless whenever he wants, as can Puck. /wallowing in the shallow end.

Mind if I join you there? Lord knows I'm doing that often enough when I watch "Community" :shifty:.

Golightly Grrl, loved your commentary, hope you keep sharing your thoughts here! I'd forgotten about Finn's tryout, yeah, that was good. My sister got a kick out of that :D (she's a HUGE "Gleek", yet she wasn't entirely sure about last night's show. But she liked that bit, definitely). Can't really disagree with your thoughts much, either (and I loved the Brittany line :p). And I like Figgins, too, U2isthebest, he's, oddly enough, about one of the more "sane" people on the show.

The Britney episode next week should indeed be interesting. I keep seeing the commercials where they're dressed up in all her video getups and I'm getting major flashbacks to my teen years. Very curious to see what they do with that one.

Angela

Nah, if I stop watching I'll probably stop coming in the thread so I'm less likely to voice my complaints about it and piss GAF off. :)

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade (my favorite Rachel performance, by the way) and trying to convince anyone they shouldn't like it. I'm just kind of bummed because I really want to like the show more than I do. It started out so promisingly (is that a word?).

Aww, thanks for the welcome back. I've been away for too long. I'll keep writing my thoughts on "Glee" if you want. However, I don't always watch the show when it airs (I'm super busy right now). I catch it on-line within a few days, so my thoughts might not be timely.

Alright, I'm 10 minutes into this and it's fucking brilliant.

Brittany S. Pears? Wow. That is...just. Wow. Well done, Glee.

And the "Slave 4 U" sequence was hawt.

Brittany S. Pears? Wow. That is...just. Wow. Well done, Glee.

That whole opening bit had me laughing my head off. That, and Sue's discussion with Will about the creepy nerdy kid :lmao:, as well as her "history lesson" a bit later on, too-I officially love it when she rattles off her warped history statements :D. And I like the way they kept going into and out of the performance segments, too, interesting idea.

The group performance was awesome, too (Will looked rather nice in his outfit. Um. Yeah. Don't know how that'll win his girl over, but still...), as was the one done solely by the guys-good song choice, I liked what they did with that one.

I applaud them for their detail to the specific video/outfit getups. The "Baby, One More Time" one was to the letter in its accuracy. I was impressed.

Angela

Lea recreating my favorite music video of all-time (and one of the best pop songs ever)?

Pardon me, I'll just be in the corner exploding.

Haha, Artie doing "Stronger"!

Perfect.

This is one of the most entertaining episodes of this show yet. Especially if you're a big fan of Britney's singles.

It was pretty fun. I was hoping for more Britney than just 2 seconds here and there, but I guess it's probably a good thing they just had her in a few scenes. I will admit that I was a bit disappointed that they just recreated her music videos. Don't get me wrong - they were excellent (especially Slave 4 U - Heather Morris is an AMAZING dancer!), but I guess I was hoping for something a little more original. I'm glad Brittany is getting more lines - she's pretty damn hilarious! :D

Oh, and it's official. Mr. Shue annoys the hell out of me. I liked him for the first part of season 1, but good lord. Shut UP! :lol:

According to my sister, at a "Glee" forum she goes to, many people were not as happy with this episode, it seems. Will dancing with the kids was a bit creepy (which, in a way, I can kinda agree with), the whole thing with the nerdy kid and the reaction of him and the other girl at the school event was annoying to some of them, Rachel's personality's gotten very irritating, stuff like that. My sister was sort of on the fence about the show, too. Doesn't seem like this season's off to as strong a start for some viewers. But of course, to each their own opinion-wise. I personally didn't mind the episode, I thought it was pretty good, but that's just me. The hardcore fans are a different breed, though, so...:shrug:.

Angela

Oh yeah, Glee is a divisive show for sure. People around the internets have been bitching about it and nitpicking it since the first episode.

Many that love it, still hate certain aspects of it.

Many hate it, but get a kick out of certain aspects of it.

Some just hate it completely.

Etc., etc.

Rachel and Schuester are probably the two biggest points of complaining.

My Glist by GLG

1. Christopher Cross? Michael Bolton? It's official Mr. Schue. You're 60.

2. Brittany has a last name after all.

3. Yay, my girl Emma is back. And I just love her pamphlets...and her hottie boyfriend.

4. It looks like Rachel, Brittany and Artie's teeth have been taken over by Smurfs.

5. Yes, Will, nothing makes a girl's private parts more tingly than your jam "Sailing."

6. I actually gasped when I saw Terri in the parking lot. And what was up with the animal pelt she was wearing? Did she go hunting with Sarah Palin?

7. Jacob Jewfro jacking off in the library. I did not need to see that.

8. Rachel, let Finn have his football. But I must say I just love your polka-dotted dress. But please can the flats and socks. You can reach Finn much easier for kissing if you wear heels.

9. I'm so glad Greg Allman punched Jacob Jewfro at the homecoming assembly.

10. Speaking of the assembly, it was great to see Matthew Morrison sing and dance (and not rap) during "Toxic," but he was getting a little pervy with the students. I half expected Chris Hanson from Dateline's "To Catch a Predator" to make an appearance.

11. Britney Spears Sex Riot is the name of my new band. No, wait, Lady Bird Johnson's Tramp Stamp is my new band name.

12. Okay, Rachel can sing a Paramore ballad at the end of the episode, but my baby gay Kurt can't sing a Britney Spears' song? The outrage-it burns.

13. Speaking of outrage, where was Mike Chang's abs? I need to see The Situ-asian's abs.

14. Will, last week I told you to grow the fuck up. This week I beg you, please get therapy!

15. Okay, this episode was kind of weak. There was really no plot, and Britney Spears was just kind of there. However, I loved the Brittany S. Pierce moments. Heather Morris is a tremendous dancer. She thrilled me with every move. And I would kill for her long legs. And Brittany got so many good lines-"Jewish Cloud." I just love her deadpan delivery. It's dryer than Christine O'Donnell's pussy.

So I've noticed, GAF. But hey, how often is it shows come along where you like every single character's personality, right :p? The internet certainly has added to the "everyone's a critic" mentality, too, no doubt.

1. Christopher Cross? Michael Bolton? It's official Mr. Schue. You're 60.

5. Yes, Will, nothing makes a girl's private parts more tingly than your jam "Sailing."

:lmao: I personally don't really have an issue with Will overall, but I do understand some of the criticisms about him, and I have to admit that I fully agree with these comments. His behavior in the episode-yeah, buddy, if you want to get your sweetie back, that is NOT the way to go about it. Especially given the kind of girl Emma is.

7. Jacob Jewfro jacking off in the library. I did not need to see that.

I think you spoke on behalf of all people who watched the show with that.

And Brittany got so many good lines-"Jewish Cloud." I just love her deadpan delivery. It's dryer than Christine O'Donnell's pussy.

:up: Brilliant.

Also, your mention of punching-I kinda wish Finn had managed to punch out those obnoxious football players that keep harassing him. It's about time somebody gave them a good smackdown, they drive me nucking futs. And I love your band name idea, too.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom