Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2010, 03:08 PM   #346
Refugee

Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Yeah. This. On both counts .

No kidding. That threat sounded disturbingly real, I actually gasped a bit when he said that to Kurt. Kurt looked truly terrified, and who could blame him? You almost don't really want to know what could happen next with those two.

Missed the Cameo line, but yeah, the Lohan stuff was...random. And strange. Didn't offend me like it did you, but it was out of place, definitely.

Intriguing idea. Maybe you should take up the job . I'd love to see the results of your consulting with those who work on the show.

Angela
Thanks for you comments. I've never done any screenwriting, but I could definitely consult the writers on how to write more fleshed-out female characters. For the past few eps, I've been thinking about Quinn. This is a girl who in the past year got pregnant, lost her status as a Cheerio, had her parents kick her out of the house and then gave a baby up for adoption. You know she's got some inner turmoil, yet she's been treated like wallpaper this season. Let her have a meaty episode. It can't always be "Kurt Hummel's Hour of Power" or "Will Schuester has a lot of issues."

Old 11-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #347
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:45 AM
I've mentioned that numerous times in this thread.

The writers need to give Quinn something more than just "sit in the back and look (really, really) pretty."

Old 11-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #348
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:45 AM
Maybe the girl who plays Quinn can't have more of a storyline because Lea Michele has to be the female lead at all times. She does have a reputation of being a diva, there must be some fire in all the smoke of the stories about her.

The backup singing on Teenage Dream was done by The Beelzebubs from Tufts University. If anyone watched that Sing Off show last year (hosted by Nick Lachey) that's coming back on next month- they almost won it and they should have, they're awesome.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #349
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:45 AM
I was thinking the same thing about Quinn's character. You rarely see her in the musical sequences either. And in the Singing in the Rain sequence, you really didn't see the faces of any of the students, just Will & Holly. And the reality of something like that happening in a glee club? ZERO (the dancing in the rain,...)

Didn't care for the duet of Gwyneth & Lea. Actually it was alright, I just didn't care for Gwyneth and her 'dancing'. I liked Gwyneth's "Forget You". The song is so peppy, how can you not like it!

I think GG should submit something to Fox. They could surely use you!
Old 11-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #350
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm getting so sick of Mr. Schuester. Even when he's home sick he STILL takes up the episode with his issues!
Old 11-24-2010, 12:55 PM   #351
Refugee

I have to admit I was really looking forward to this episode because Carol Burnett is a comedic legend, but I really didn’t care for this episode at all. I don’t know if it was the writing or Ms. Burnett’s delivery, but the Doris and Sue Sylvester scenes felt tacked on and didn’t quite work. And as much as I like Kurt Hummel and think Chris Colfer is an amazing talent, I’m getting a bit weary of the “Kurt Hummel Hour of Power” episodes. My inner feminist weeps for the glee girls because they’ve been relegated to just girlfriend status and aren’t getting anything meaty to work with. And outside of the show, I just couldn’t get into the songs and I don’t care to download them. Here is my glist.

My Glist by GLG-"Furt"

1) Burt n' Carol 4-evah!

2) I thought Sue marrying herself was pathetic and desperate but I loved her tracksuit wedding dress and sue postage stamps.

3) Okay, I did guffaw over one line: When Kurt mentioned his Power Rangers married and divorced more times than Fleetwood Mac.

4) When I first read that Carol and Jane were going to sing the song "Ohio" I thought what does the CSNY song about the Kent State shootings have to do with glee club? Oh, a different "Ohio" song.

5) Kurt and his dad can't bond through hunting, fishing or sports so they bond through a wedding dance seminar.

6) Though I wasn't crazy about this episode I was charmed by Burt and Carol's wedding. It was very warm and joyous. I loved the glee kids singing and dancing down the aisle (get a load of Artie twirling those ribbons). Burt and Carol's vows were heartfelt, and I appreciated them including their sons. And the priest who married them was hot.

7) Finn + Kurt=Furt. How about Kinn because it actually reflects who Finn and Kurt actually are, kin. And it was so cute how they danced together. But get a load of the smarmy lounge lizard who sang "Sway." Tee hee.

8) Karofsky continues to scare the shit out of me, and I'm glad Glee is addressing the issue of bullying. I also thought it was interesting that instead of standing up for his kid, Karofsky's dad actually questioned his behavior. I also thought this would have been an excellent time to bring in Emma to counsel Karofsky and maybe recommend a fitting therapist to address his issues. But no, Emma is a woman so she only counts when it comes to Will or Uncle Jesse DDS.

9) But I was really happy how the glee guys stood up for Kurt and were totally ready to go to war on Karofsky. Where were these guys when I was being bullied or when I got mugged several years ago?

10) So once again, Glee plays musical chairs with the glee kids, and Kurt is off to Dalton Academy. I wonder how this will play out. And don't forget sectionals is next week, and we know how hard the glee kids and Mr. Schue have been preparing for sectionals (huge eye rolling on my part).
Old 11-24-2010, 04:07 PM   #352
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Is the next episode going to be about Kurt too?
Old 11-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #353
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golightly Grrl View Post

4) When I first read that Carol and Jane were going to sing the song "Ohio" I thought what does the CSNY song about the Kent State shootings have to do with glee club? Oh, a different "Ohio" song.

8) Karofsky continues to scare the shit out of me, and I'm glad Glee is addressing the issue of bullying. I also thought it was interesting that instead of standing up for his kid, Karofsky's dad actually questioned his behavior. I also thought this would have been an excellent time to bring in Emma to counsel Karofsky and maybe recommend a fitting therapist to address his issues. But no, Emma is a woman so she only counts when it comes to Will or Uncle Jesse DDS.
I thought the same thing about "Ohio." lol

I am okay with the bullying storeline too but I have to wonder how it was okay for everyone to be nasty to Rachel last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlhere View Post
Is the next episode going to be about Kurt too?
Agreed. Although Darren Criss is eye candy.

I really disliked the Gwyneth episode. Her character was so annoying. I hate teachers that want to be "cool" and friends with their students. That's how you end up on the 10 o'clock news. Are you listening Schuester?
Old 12-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #354
Refugee

Last season's episode devoted to Sectionals left me floating on air. This season's was just wasn't quite there, and left me feeling a bit empty inside. However, I am grateful for the lack of guest stars and a non-tribute/themed episode. Here is my glist.

Special Education by GLG

1) Yay! My girl Emma is back, and totally spot-on on how Mr. Schue divvies things up with the Glee kids-Finchel sing the ballad, Mercedes hits the power notes, etc. And giving Emma tickets to the hottest show in town-Sectionals-because she's a "good luck charm" is such BS, Will. It's because you want to get into her pants.

2) Damn, those guys in the Dalton Warblers are fine. Why weren't guys this fine at my high school? Oh, yes, because I went to high school with a bunch of rednecks.

3) The truth is out. Santana and Finn slept together. Hell, I'd sleep with Santana. She is hot. And Rachel was with Jesse at the time so it's not like Finn cheated on Rachel. Or in the wise words of Ross Geller from "Friends," "We were on a break!"

4) I'm a bit worried about an article I wrote for a new publication. Will Artie give me a magic comb so I feel more confident?

5) "Refudiate" is not a word but "ambadassador" should be. Very clever, Puck.

6) Of course, the show makes temporary New Directions member, Lauren, another big girl with food issues. Fuck you, "Glee."

7) Not happy with the changes, Rachel protests by taping her mouth shut (yeah, like that would ever keep her from talking). Rachel, this is show choir. It's not Tiananmen Square. Brittany, "I think Tiananmen Square is the new dance club next to Breadstix."

8) Lipsmackers are candy for you lips, especially the Dr. Pepper lipsmacker.

9) Kurt and Rachel's "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" was amazing. And I thought their exchanges with each other were sweet.

10) The best part of last night's episode? Emma's Kate Spade coat.
studio mona coat at kate spade

11) When I first saw the Hipsters I thought it was the New Directions-the AARP years.

12) Wow, the Dalton Warblers actually made me like a Train song. It's an early Christmas miracle.

13) Though Sam and Quinn are kind of a bland couple, their rendition of "I Had the Time of My Life" reminded me that Jennifer Grey beat Barstool Palin on "Dancing With the Stars." Thanks, kids.

14) Santana was all kinds of sexy singing "Valerie" and I loved her hat. And I loved Brittany and Mike's dancing.

15) Having the Warblers and the New Directions tie was rather contrived but got to keep the rivalry going for regionals I guess.

16) I'm glad Brittany finally knows the meaning of "adultery." And I think she and Artie are so adorable together.

17) In more contrivance, Emma marries Uncle Jesse DDS in a quickie Vegas wedding. But will it be a happy union? Hmm, the look on Emma's face after she kisses her new hubby isn't exactly filled with joy? Foreshadowing?

18) Where the hell was Sue? Hiding her dead mother's body?
Old 12-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #355
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
And giving Emma tickets to the hottest show in town-Sectionals-because she's a "good luck charm" is such BS, Will. It's because you want to get into her pants.
*Snickers* I didn't put it like that in my head, but my thoughts were similar to yours nonetheless.

Quote:
2) Damn, those guys in the Dalton Warblers are fine. Why weren't guys this fine at my high school? Oh, yes, because I went to high school with a bunch of rednecks.
They really kind of are, yeah. And I liked their version of the Train song, too (which happens to be the lone Train song I've ever actually liked, before its radio overkill). They seem to know how to make irritating songs much more palatable.

I also thought the same thing about the Finn/Rachel fight-if they weren't together, why exactly does she care? Sure, Santana's one of the popular girls whereas Rachel is not, but still...he didn't stick around with Santana long, and he's perfectly happy with Rachel now. Sounds like the problem's solved to me.

Then again, Rachel was in a really pissy mood throughout the show anyway, so naturally her thinking's going to be irrational.

Quote:
11) When I first saw the Hipsters I thought it was the New Directions-the AARP years.

13) Though Sam and Quinn are kind of a bland couple, their rendition of "I Had the Time of My Life" reminded me that Jennifer Grey beat Barstool Palin on "Dancing With the Stars." Thanks, kids.
. Well said.

And I know everyone's thoughts about Will this season and everything, but I still felt bad for him at the end, with Emma. How's that little issue going to be resolved, I wonder?

Who sings that "Valerie" song, by the way?

Angela
Old 12-02-2010, 02:07 AM   #356
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I wish they wouldn't write Rachel as the 2nd most unlikable character after Sue every week. It seems like every other role on the show has something other than their voice that makes them appealing or worth caring about. Holy crap even Brittany came off as kind-hearted and halfway normal this week. But the writers paint Rachel as one of the most horrible high school students ever, whos only good quality is her singing.

Seriously, last season they made her mostly just a diva, who was sometimes annoying, but for the most part insecure about losing the one thing she stood out from the rest of the pack for. Usually she always redeemed herself and the Glee club tolerated her. This season though, they have turned her into an whiny, controlling, vindictive, hypocritical beyotch. No one seems to enjoy her company anymore, and everyone is always ganging up on her besides Finn (and there goes that). Plus the one episode where she finally looks like she has a heart when she is bonding with Kurt, a few scenes later and they set her back again with the whole cheating plot. I feel like they have to compensate for her voice being the strongest by writing her as massively obnoxious and unpleasant.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:16 AM   #357
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Who sings that "Valerie" song, by the way?
The Zutons. It was a much bigger hit in the UK than it was over here in the States, so I thought that was a very cool, kinda unexpected choice for the producers to make as the closing song in the big Sectionals performance.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #358
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:45 AM
Can anyone explain to me why they had the elderly choir in the sectionals? Have they been on before? Why would they be in a HS competition? I know the show is not realistic in any way shape or form but I still want to know.

I thought maybe the writers were taking a not so subtle shot at Lea Michele there with the whole she doesn't get a solo and she flips out thing.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:37 AM   #359
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
The Zutons. It was a much bigger hit in the UK than it was over here in the States, so I thought that was a very cool, kinda unexpected choice for the producers to make as the closing song in the big Sectionals performance.
Amy Winehouse and Mark Ronson have a great cover of that song, on Ronson's "Versions" album.

/random drive-by
Old 12-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #360
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Can anyone explain to me why they had the elderly choir in the sectionals? Have they been on before? Why would they be in a HS competition? I know the show is not realistic in any way shape or form but I still want to know.
They go to a special high school for people who had dropped out but returned to get their diplomas as senior citizens.

Tags
glee