Glee - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #301
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dsmith2904's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Just keep me where the light is
Posts: 12,290
Local Time: 02:16 AM
I'm more bummed that there will be no Puck in the Rocky Horror episode (per Entertainment Weekly):

Question: Where is Mark Salling? Is he gone permanently? Is it due to his release of a non-Glee album? You have to know something about this, right?! —Missy
Ausiello: Puck up, Missy! Though I dunno whether his absence is a side effect of his decision to work on music that isn’t in the genre of R&Glee, I do know that it’s only temporary. He’ll miss one more episode—the Oct. 26 Rocky Horror Picture Show tribute—but will be back on the air in a big way in early November.
__________________

__________________
dsmith2904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #302
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 02:16 AM


a typical high school picture
__________________

__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:01 PM   #303
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 02:16 AM
Oh my.
__________________
Sicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #304
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 02:16 AM
'Glee Gone Wild' TV: GQ
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #305
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,278
Local Time: 04:16 AM
Yeah, I meant to post those earlier.

My girl Lea is lookin too fine:

__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #306
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,256
Local Time: 04:16 AM
Oh, wow... Leftover clothes from the Britney episode, I take it ?

Nice little article there. Pretty much sums up why I like this show (and the fact that the Parents' Television Council condemned it makes it all the better !).

Quote:
Paul McCartney sent Murphy a mixtape full of tracks he thought would work well on a Sir Paul episode, which means there's a possibility that at some point in the future, Glee will turn a generation of tweens on to "Temporary Secretary" and "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey."
Now that I would be quite curious to see (along with a U2 episode. I happened to like their version of "One", it'd be cool to see an entire episode around their songs).

Also, I've never seen "Cop Rock", but I've heard OF it-does that count ?

Angela
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:20 AM   #307
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,974
Local Time: 05:16 AM
I think those GQ pictures are lame. Attention seeking and just silly. It's working of course, GQ is getting all the attention they wanted.

I think Lea can show off her weight loss (if that's one thing she's trying to do) in a red carpet dress and she looks more attractive than she does there. But I guess that's what some GQ readers want
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:30 AM   #308
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,712
Local Time: 02:16 AM
I think the photo spread is rather gross and skeevy, but that's more due to the photographer, Terry Richardson, being gross and skeevy himself.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #309
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,278
Local Time: 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

I think Lea can show off her weight loss (if that's one thing she's trying to do) in a red carpet dress and she looks more attractive than she does there. But I guess that's what some GQ readers want
Weight loss? Do you see dat ass?

Girl's got curves, and is working them. If she's lost weight since the show started, it's nothing very significant at all. At least to my eyes. She was pretty much the same shape when the show started, no? Not that I'm paying attention to Lea Michele's body or anything.

Anyway, this is a trivial matter. It's a magazine photoshoot that nobody's going to remember in two weeks. Nothing to get up in arms about.

This show rules.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:35 PM   #310
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
My girl Lea is lookin too fine:








This show is a huge hit with kids, junior high and high school kids

what kind of signal is this sending?

these actors should have thought about that,
like it or not they are role models, or the characters they play are

I could understand better if they were pictures of the actors on a beach on vacation, but this pictorial is them 'in character, in a school setting'

no wonder kids are sexting pics of themselves
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #311
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,278
Local Time: 04:16 AM
deep, I know you like to play devil's advocate, but come on.

What junior high and high school kid reads GQ magazine? And, the infinitesimal percentage that will see these pictures, what do you think? They're going to see the cast in skimpy clothes so they're going to immediately strip off their own clothes and go fuck somebody? The show itself, which these kids do watch, has sex in it all the time. There have been many big plotlines about sex already on the show. If you want to blame Glee for contributing to the downfall of our American teenage society (which is ridiculous), blame the show itself, not these fucking magazine photos.

Let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill, pardon the cliche.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #312
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Thora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wishing I was on the beach
Posts: 34,116
Local Time: 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Weight loss? Do you see dat ass?

Girl's got curves, and is working them. If she's lost weight since the show started, it's nothing very significant at all. At least to my eyes. She was pretty much the same shape when the show started, no? Not that I'm paying attention to Lea Michele's body or anything.

Anyway, this is a trivial matter. It's a magazine photoshoot that nobody's going to remember in two weeks. Nothing to get up in arms about.

This show rules.
She's definitely lost a lot of weight. I don't feel like looking up pictures, but it's obvious to me.

Re: the photoshoot, I loved Dianna's response to all the kerfuffle: I’d like to start by saying that these are solely... - Dianna Agron, but you can call me Charlie.

Very well said.
__________________
Insert something interesting here
Thora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #313
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
deep, I know you like to play devil's advocate, but come on.

What junior high and high school kid reads GQ magazine? And, the infinitesimal percentage that will see these pictures, what do you think? They're going to see the cast in skimpy clothes so they're going to immediately strip off their own clothes and go fuck somebody? The show itself, which these kids do watch, has sex in it all the time. There have been many big plotlines about sex already on the show. If you want to blame Glee for contributing to the downfall of our American teenage society (which is ridiculous), blame the show itself, not these fucking magazine photos.

Let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill, pardon the cliche.
come on
do you really think very many people will see these in a print magazine?

for every person that sees a hard copy magazine, there will probably be 10,000+ that see them online.

I get that you dig it. But how about a 13 year old girl that just wants to be popular, watches the show and follows it online?

These people should have given more consideration to their broad fan base that has propelled their huge success.


Again if they wanted to do pictures as themselves, not in character or in a school setting, I think those that are complaining would have a less legitimate argument.
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #314
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
catlhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 5,664
Local Time: 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I get that you dig it. But how about a 13 year old girl that just wants to be popular, watches the show and follows it online?
.
Stop modeling yourself after 24+ year-olds?
__________________
catlhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:15 PM   #315
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 02:16 AM
Rachel and Quinn are high schoolers that have been tailored to appeal to adolescents, among others.
__________________

__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
glee

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com