Glee - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2010, 10:36 PM   #271
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith2904 View Post
Such a great episode! I was so impressed with Heather Morris, I hope she gets the spotlight more this season.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #272
Babyface

It was just "ok" for me-I couldn't really get into it. But of course I will watch next week for a new episode!

Old 09-30-2010, 01:17 PM   #273
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:44 AM
I loved their version of Toxic. I think it was better than the original. The episode was hilarious overall, but I wish we had seen more Britney. Next week looks amazing, though.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:04 PM   #274
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:44 AM
Wow, that was the best episode since .... I don't even remember. Liked it more than the Madonna and Gaga episodes.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:46 PM   #275
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:44 AM
Proper wiping: easy as 1-2-3!

Wow! There's a hair down there!

Old 09-30-2010, 10:54 PM   #276
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
Proper wiping: easy as 1-2-3!

Wow! There's a hair down there!

Old 10-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #277
Blue Crack Addict

popeater.com

'Glee' has featured the music of some of the hottest acts on the planet, from Lady Gaga and Madonna to, most recently, Britney Spears, who also appeared on the show. But if the latest rumors are true, the show's next cameo could really rock.

According to a report by Showbiz Spy and comments by 'Glee's' own Jane Lynch, Bruce Springsteen is rumored to be in talks for a cameo on the hit FOX show.

The Showbiz Spy article reports that Springsteen would play Finn Hudson's uncle, and, naturally, the 'Glee' team would sing many of his greatest hits, including 'Born in the USA,' 'Dancing in the Dark' and 'Born to Run.'

According to an insider, The Boss would perform several duets. "The idea is he would have duets with Cory Monteith and Lea Michele too," the insider said. "Bruce is part of American culture -- he would be perfect."

Last week, RTE interviewed Jane Lynch, who plays Sue Sylvester on the show, and she commented on the Bruce babble herself.

"I hear rumors that we may do a Bruce Springsteen episode and I think that would be amazing," Lynch said. "I'm a big fan."

We are too, and we hope this rumor isn't total bunk. Rock has had a rough go on the the show. Back in August, Kings of Leon rejected an offer to have their songs appear.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #278
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 07:44 AM
That would be incredibly interesting. Wow. Be curious to see how they pull that one off if it happens.

Would certainly be quite a difference from their typical musical stylings-as I hear it, my sister says one of their upcoming episodes will be a "Rocky Horror" themed show.

Loved last night's show, by the way-really hit me on a very personal level, I'm not afraid to admit that I shed a few tears during it. I loved Kurt's rendition of the Beatles song, very different spin on the lyrics (the whole show I was like this: Kurt= ). And I also like the way they dealt with the religion debate. It's episodes like that that explain why I like this show. My favorite moments from their first season were their more emotional, sincerely touching ones (Artie's hope to walk again-I felt so bad for him at the end of that episode, the one where they all were in wheelchairs, Kurt's dad fighting for him and sticking up for him throughout the season, even the Lady GaGa one because of how they all bonded together and accepted each other when nobody else in the school would) and last night's show was another one to add to the list. Sentimental and corny and cheesy at times, those episodes? Perhaps, to some. But the message is still a nice one worth sharing nonetheless.

Also, I've been in the mood for grilled cheese sandwiches lately, and last night's show did not help my craving in that regard . My family was cracking up at that whole storyline.

Angela
Old 10-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #279
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Yeah, the grilled cheese was a highlight last night. (I did not expect to get addicted to this show)
Old 10-06-2010, 11:24 PM   #280
Blue Crack Distributor

Grilled Cheesus
Old 10-06-2010, 11:30 PM   #281
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonosSaint View Post
(I did not expect to get addicted to this show)
It has a way of sucking you in . In my case I blame my sister-she and I spent a good portion of the summer watching the first season together, she caught me up to speed on the series.

Plus, I figure any show that uses a U2 song can't possibly be a bad thing .

Angela
Old 10-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #282
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Th... I loved Kurt's rendition of the Beatles song, very different spin on the lyrics (the whole show I was like this: Kurt= ).
Kurt's rendition was beautiful. I had to listen to his and the original version yesterday and absolutely love his rendition. I have also become hooked on the show and look forward to see how they perform well known songs. I have never liked "Toxic" but after last week, I found myself enjoying the song.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #283
Refugee

Local Time: 01:44 PM
My Glist by GLG

After two rather tepid Glee episodes (saved by Mike Chang’s abs, Heather Morris’ fierce dancing and the introduction of Uncle Jesse DDS), the show came back in an episode that was both thought-provoking and entertaining. I think for the most part it respected people of all faiths and non-faiths, and didn’t sink down to too much sugary and treacly “After School Special” preachy-ness.

1) Grilled Cheesus-the latest offering from Pizza Hut. Goes well with its stuffed crust pizza.

2) Sure, seeing an image of Jesus on your grilled cheese is pretty cool, but I’d prefer an image of Mike “The Situ-asian” Chang’s abs.

3) Burt Hummel is the best dad on TV, and when he had his heart attack my very own heart nearly stopped.

4) Puck, “Jesus is my number 1 Heeb.” Can we get that on a Christmas card?

5) I was rather put off that the nastiest character on the show, Sue Sylvester, is an Atheist. The nastiest, most vicious people I have ever met have been extreme right wing Christians.

6) Although the Gleesters meant well by praying over Burt Hummel, but I wish they would have respected Kurt’s Atheism. Being a non-believer does not make anyone deficient. Plenty of non-religious people believe in the concepts of compassion, charity, social justice and kindness. And yes, so do people of faith. I’ll step off my soap box.

7) Does Finn pray for world peace or an end to world hunger? Nope, he prays to touch Rachel’s boobies. He’s such a teen-age boy.

8) Once again, my girl Emma proves to be one of the few actual mature-acting adults on this show. I found her advice to Finn to be sensitive and sensible. And her outfits were all kinds of adorable.

9) Kurt, “Christ chic.” Something that will never be said about the Duggars. And I loved his fabulous hat!

10) Finally an episode where the plot guided the music and not the other way around. I was blown away by Rachel’s “Papa, Can You Hear Me” and Mercedes and her choir’s “Bridge Over Troubled Water.” Puck’s “Only the Good Die Young” was sex on a stick. But dear, sweet Baby Gay Kurt’s “I Wanna Hold Your Hand” absolutely killed me, especially with the scenes of little Baby Gay Kurt and his father. And because if John Lennon had lived he would have been 70 years old this Saturday.

11) Quinn is one character who has expressed her faith since the series’ beginning, yet she was given short shrift in this episode. I wish they would have focused on her more. Certainly she’s going through something considering she gave a baby up for adoption.

12) And there is a God. Will Schuester’s melodrama was kept to a minimum. He actually made glee club more about the kids instead of his selfish needs. Could Mr. Schue finally be growing up?
Old 10-08-2010, 12:59 AM   #284
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVelvetDress_75 View Post
Kurt's rendition was beautiful. I had to listen to his and the original version yesterday and absolutely love his rendition. I have also become hooked on the show and look forward to see how they perform well known songs. I have never liked "Toxic" but after last week, I found myself enjoying the song.
Yeah, he did the song justice. It is fun to see their interpretations of songs, the way they use them in the storylines.

I've never minded "Toxic", that's one of Britney's better songs-I like the music in it. And the "Glee" version was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golightly Grrl View Post
3) Burt Hummel is the best dad on TV, and when he had his heart attack my very own heart nearly stopped.
Same here. I'm glad the show ended happily, I wanted him to survive as much as the group did.

Quote:
5) I was rather put off that the nastiest character on the show, Sue Sylvester, is an Atheist. The nastiest, most vicious people I have ever met have been extreme right wing Christians.

6) Although the Gleesters meant well by praying over Burt Hummel, but I wish they would have respected Kurt’s Atheism. Being a non-believer does not make anyone deficient. Plenty of non-religious people believe in the concepts of compassion, charity, social justice and kindness. And yes, so do people of faith. I’ll step off my soap box.
Fair points, I fully agree with you on both statements here .

As for the Sue thing-while she does certainly have her nasty moments, she also has a softer side, as evidenced by some of her behavior at times (saving the glee club, the love for her sister, etc.), and that's something I guarantee the extremists you refer to don't have (or if they have it, I never see it).

And sometimes it's not so much that she's nasty, more that she's just brutally honest. Which atheists do tend to be, at least the ones I've encountered are that way (and I don't see that as a bad thing).

Excellent commentary, as always .

Angela
Old 10-08-2010, 02:04 AM   #285
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
6) Although the Gleesters meant well by praying over Burt Hummel, but I wish they would have respected Kurt’s Atheism.
I think most of the group had kind intentions throughout the entire episode, and no one seemed to be trying to manipulate him into any sort of religious belief. In fact, Kurt was the one being completely disrespectful of everyone else's faith. I'm actually shocked they made him look bad in an episode for once in the first 30 minutes.

Tags
glee