Glee - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2010, 12:00 PM   #256
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:27 PM
Nah, if I stop watching I'll probably stop coming in the thread so I'm less likely to voice my complaints about it and piss GAF off.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade (my favorite Rachel performance, by the way) and trying to convince anyone they shouldn't like it. I'm just kind of bummed because I really want to like the show more than I do. It started out so promisingly (is that a word?).

Old 09-24-2010, 03:44 PM   #257
Refugee

Local Time: 12:27 AM
Aww, thanks for the welcome back. I've been away for too long. I'll keep writing my thoughts on "Glee" if you want. However, I don't always watch the show when it airs (I'm super busy right now). I catch it on-line within a few days, so my thoughts might not be timely.

Old 09-24-2010, 03:45 PM   #258
Blue Crack Distributor

I meant to add that I did laugh pretty hard at the "balls in the mouth" joke.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:26 AM   #259
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:27 PM
Alright, I'm 10 minutes into this and it's fucking brilliant.

Brittany S. Pears? Wow. That is...just. Wow. Well done, Glee.

And the "Slave 4 U" sequence was hawt.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:52 AM   #260
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Brittany S. Pears? Wow. That is...just. Wow. Well done, Glee.
That whole opening bit had me laughing my head off. That, and Sue's discussion with Will about the creepy nerdy kid , as well as her "history lesson" a bit later on, too-I officially love it when she rattles off her warped history statements . And I like the way they kept going into and out of the performance segments, too, interesting idea.

The group performance was awesome, too (Will looked rather nice in his outfit. Um. Yeah. Don't know how that'll win his girl over, but still...), as was the one done solely by the guys-good song choice, I liked what they did with that one.

I applaud them for their detail to the specific video/outfit getups. The "Baby, One More Time" one was to the letter in its accuracy. I was impressed.

Angela
Old 09-29-2010, 02:52 AM   #261
Blue Crack Addict

Lea recreating my favorite music video of all-time (and one of the best pop songs ever)?

Pardon me, I'll just be in the corner exploding.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:05 AM   #262
Blue Crack Addict

Haha, Artie doing "Stronger"!

Perfect.

This is one of the most entertaining episodes of this show yet. Especially if you're a big fan of Britney's singles.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:31 AM   #263
Blue Crack Addict

IT'S A BRITNEY SPEARS SEX RlOT!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:58 AM   #264
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:27 PM
It was pretty fun. I was hoping for more Britney than just 2 seconds here and there, but I guess it's probably a good thing they just had her in a few scenes. I will admit that I was a bit disappointed that they just recreated her music videos. Don't get me wrong - they were excellent (especially Slave 4 U - Heather Morris is an AMAZING dancer!), but I guess I was hoping for something a little more original. I'm glad Brittany is getting more lines - she's pretty damn hilarious!

Oh, and it's official. Mr. Shue annoys the hell out of me. I liked him for the first part of season 1, but good lord. Shut UP!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #265
ONE
love, blood, life

Such a great episode! I was so impressed with Heather Morris, I hope she gets the spotlight more this season.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:31 PM   #266
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
According to my sister, at a "Glee" forum she goes to, many people were not as happy with this episode, it seems. Will dancing with the kids was a bit creepy (which, in a way, I can kinda agree with), the whole thing with the nerdy kid and the reaction of him and the other girl at the school event was annoying to some of them, Rachel's personality's gotten very irritating, stuff like that. My sister was sort of on the fence about the show, too. Doesn't seem like this season's off to as strong a start for some viewers. But of course, to each their own opinion-wise. I personally didn't mind the episode, I thought it was pretty good, but that's just me. The hardcore fans are a different breed, though, so....

Angela
Old 09-29-2010, 06:37 PM   #267
Blue Crack Addict

Oh yeah, Glee is a divisive show for sure. People around the internets have been bitching about it and nitpicking it since the first episode.

Many that love it, still hate certain aspects of it.

Many hate it, but get a kick out of certain aspects of it.

Some just hate it completely.

Etc., etc.

Rachel and Schuester are probably the two biggest points of complaining.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #268
Refugee

Local Time: 12:27 AM
My Glist by GLG

1. Christopher Cross? Michael Bolton? It's official Mr. Schue. You're 60.

2. Brittany has a last name after all.

3. Yay, my girl Emma is back. And I just love her pamphlets...and her hottie boyfriend.

4. It looks like Rachel, Brittany and Artie's teeth have been taken over by Smurfs.

5. Yes, Will, nothing makes a girl's private parts more tingly than your jam "Sailing."

6. I actually gasped when I saw Terri in the parking lot. And what was up with the animal pelt she was wearing? Did she go hunting with Sarah Palin?

7. Jacob Jewfro jacking off in the library. I did not need to see that.

8. Rachel, let Finn have his football. But I must say I just love your polka-dotted dress. But please can the flats and socks. You can reach Finn much easier for kissing if you wear heels.

9. I'm so glad Greg Allman punched Jacob Jewfro at the homecoming assembly.

10. Speaking of the assembly, it was great to see Matthew Morrison sing and dance (and not rap) during "Toxic," but he was getting a little pervy with the students. I half expected Chris Hanson from Dateline's "To Catch a Predator" to make an appearance.

11. Britney Spears Sex Riot is the name of my new band. No, wait, Lady Bird Johnson's Tramp Stamp is my new band name.

12. Okay, Rachel can sing a Paramore ballad at the end of the episode, but my baby gay Kurt can't sing a Britney Spears' song? The outrage-it burns.

13. Speaking of outrage, where was Mike Chang's abs? I need to see The Situ-asian's abs.

14. Will, last week I told you to grow the fuck up. This week I beg you, please get therapy!

15. Okay, this episode was kind of weak. There was really no plot, and Britney Spears was just kind of there. However, I loved the Brittany S. Pierce moments. Heather Morris is a tremendous dancer. She thrilled me with every move. And I would kill for her long legs. And Brittany got so many good lines-"Jewish Cloud." I just love her deadpan delivery. It's dryer than Christine O'Donnell's pussy.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:01 PM   #269
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:27 PM
Old 09-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #270
Blue Crack Addict

So I've noticed, GAF. But hey, how often is it shows come along where you like every single character's personality, right ? The internet certainly has added to the "everyone's a critic" mentality, too, no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golightly Grrl View Post
1. Christopher Cross? Michael Bolton? It's official Mr. Schue. You're 60.

5. Yes, Will, nothing makes a girl's private parts more tingly than your jam "Sailing."
I personally don't really have an issue with Will overall, but I do understand some of the criticisms about him, and I have to admit that I fully agree with these comments. His behavior in the episode-yeah, buddy, if you want to get your sweetie back, that is NOT the way to go about it. Especially given the kind of girl Emma is.

Quote:
7. Jacob Jewfro jacking off in the library. I did not need to see that.
I think you spoke on behalf of all people who watched the show with that.

Quote:
And Brittany got so many good lines-"Jewish Cloud." I just love her deadpan delivery. It's dryer than Christine O'Donnell's pussy.
Brilliant.

Also, your mention of punching-I kinda wish Finn had managed to punch out those obnoxious football players that keep harassing him. It's about time somebody gave them a good smackdown, they drive me nucking futs. And I love your band name idea, too.

Angela

Tags
glee