Glee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was just "ok" for me-I couldn't really get into it. But of course I will watch next week for a new episode!

I loved their version of Toxic. I think it was better than the original. The episode was hilarious overall, but I wish we had seen more Britney. Next week looks amazing, though.

Wow, that was the best episode since .... I don't even remember. Liked it more than the Madonna and Gaga episodes.

popeater.com

'Glee' has featured the music of some of the hottest acts on the planet, from Lady Gaga and Madonna to, most recently, Britney Spears, who also appeared on the show. But if the latest rumors are true, the show's next cameo could really rock.

According to a report by Showbiz Spy and comments by 'Glee's' own Jane Lynch, Bruce Springsteen is rumored to be in talks for a cameo on the hit FOX show.

The Showbiz Spy article reports that Springsteen would play Finn Hudson's uncle, and, naturally, the 'Glee' team would sing many of his greatest hits, including 'Born in the USA,' 'Dancing in the Dark' and 'Born to Run.'

According to an insider, The Boss would perform several duets. "The idea is he would have duets with Cory Monteith and Lea Michele too," the insider said. "Bruce is part of American culture -- he would be perfect."

Last week, RTE interviewed Jane Lynch, who plays Sue Sylvester on the show, and she commented on the Bruce babble herself.

"I hear rumors that we may do a Bruce Springsteen episode and I think that would be amazing," Lynch said. "I'm a big fan."

We are too, and we hope this rumor isn't total bunk. Rock has had a rough go on the the show. Back in August, Kings of Leon rejected an offer to have their songs appear.

That would be incredibly interesting. Wow. Be curious to see how they pull that one off if it happens.

Would certainly be quite a difference from their typical musical stylings-as I hear it, my sister says one of their upcoming episodes will be a "Rocky Horror" themed show.

Loved last night's show, by the way-really hit me on a very personal level, I'm not afraid to admit that I shed a few tears during it. I loved Kurt's rendition of the Beatles song, very different spin on the lyrics (the whole show I was like this: Kurt=:heart: :hug:). And I also like the way they dealt with the religion debate. It's episodes like that that explain why I like this show. My favorite moments from their first season were their more emotional, sincerely touching ones (Artie's hope to walk again-I felt so bad for him at the end of that episode, the one where they all were in wheelchairs, Kurt's dad fighting for him and sticking up for him throughout the season, even the Lady GaGa one because of how they all bonded together and accepted each other when nobody else in the school would) and last night's show was another one to add to the list. Sentimental and corny and cheesy at times, those episodes? Perhaps, to some. But the message is still a nice one worth sharing nonetheless.

Also, I've been in the mood for grilled cheese sandwiches lately, and last night's show did not help my craving in that regard :p. My family was cracking up at that whole storyline.

Angela

Yeah, the grilled cheese was a highlight last night. (I did not expect to get addicted to this show)

Th... I loved Kurt's rendition of the Beatles song, very different spin on the lyrics (the whole show I was like this: Kurt=:heart: :hug:).

Kurt's rendition was beautiful. I had to listen to his and the original version yesterday and absolutely love his rendition. I have also become hooked on the show and look forward to see how they perform well known songs. I have never liked "Toxic" but after last week, I found myself enjoying the song.

My Glist by GLG

After two rather tepid Glee episodes (saved by Mike Chang’s abs, Heather Morris’ fierce dancing and the introduction of Uncle Jesse DDS), the show came back in an episode that was both thought-provoking and entertaining. I think for the most part it respected people of all faiths and non-faiths, and didn’t sink down to too much sugary and treacly “After School Special” preachy-ness.

1) Grilled Cheesus-the latest offering from Pizza Hut. Goes well with its stuffed crust pizza.

2) Sure, seeing an image of Jesus on your grilled cheese is pretty cool, but I’d prefer an image of Mike “The Situ-asian” Chang’s abs.

3) Burt Hummel is the best dad on TV, and when he had his heart attack my very own heart nearly stopped.

4) Puck, “Jesus is my number 1 Heeb.” Can we get that on a Christmas card?

5) I was rather put off that the nastiest character on the show, Sue Sylvester, is an Atheist. The nastiest, most vicious people I have ever met have been extreme right wing Christians.

6) Although the Gleesters meant well by praying over Burt Hummel, but I wish they would have respected Kurt’s Atheism. Being a non-believer does not make anyone deficient. Plenty of non-religious people believe in the concepts of compassion, charity, social justice and kindness. And yes, so do people of faith. I’ll step off my soap box.

7) Does Finn pray for world peace or an end to world hunger? Nope, he prays to touch Rachel’s boobies. He’s such a teen-age boy.

8) Once again, my girl Emma proves to be one of the few actual mature-acting adults on this show. I found her advice to Finn to be sensitive and sensible. And her outfits were all kinds of adorable.

9) Kurt, “Christ chic.” Something that will never be said about the Duggars. And I loved his fabulous hat!

10) Finally an episode where the plot guided the music and not the other way around. I was blown away by Rachel’s “Papa, Can You Hear Me” and Mercedes and her choir’s “Bridge Over Troubled Water.” Puck’s “Only the Good Die Young” was sex on a stick. But dear, sweet Baby Gay Kurt’s “I Wanna Hold Your Hand” absolutely killed me, especially with the scenes of little Baby Gay Kurt and his father. And because if John Lennon had lived he would have been 70 years old this Saturday.

11) Quinn is one character who has expressed her faith since the series’ beginning, yet she was given short shrift in this episode. I wish they would have focused on her more. Certainly she’s going through something considering she gave a baby up for adoption.

12) And there is a God. Will Schuester’s melodrama was kept to a minimum. He actually made glee club more about the kids instead of his selfish needs. Could Mr. Schue finally be growing up?

Kurt's rendition was beautiful. I had to listen to his and the original version yesterday and absolutely love his rendition. I have also become hooked on the show and look forward to see how they perform well known songs. I have never liked "Toxic" but after last week, I found myself enjoying the song.

Yeah, he did the song justice. It is fun to see their interpretations of songs, the way they use them in the storylines.

I've never minded "Toxic", that's one of Britney's better songs-I like the music in it. And the "Glee" version was good.

3) Burt Hummel is the best dad on TV, and when he had his heart attack my very own heart nearly stopped.

Same here. I'm glad the show ended happily, I wanted him to survive as much as the group did.

5) I was rather put off that the nastiest character on the show, Sue Sylvester, is an Atheist. The nastiest, most vicious people I have ever met have been extreme right wing Christians.

6) Although the Gleesters meant well by praying over Burt Hummel, but I wish they would have respected Kurt’s Atheism. Being a non-believer does not make anyone deficient. Plenty of non-religious people believe in the concepts of compassion, charity, social justice and kindness. And yes, so do people of faith. I’ll step off my soap box.

Fair points, I fully agree with you on both statements here :up:.

As for the Sue thing-while she does certainly have her nasty moments, she also has a softer side, as evidenced by some of her behavior at times (saving the glee club, the love for her sister, etc.), and that's something I guarantee the extremists you refer to don't have (or if they have it, I never see it).

And sometimes it's not so much that she's nasty, more that she's just brutally honest. Which atheists do tend to be, at least the ones I've encountered are that way (and I don't see that as a bad thing).

Excellent commentary, as always :).

Angela

6) Although the Gleesters meant well by praying over Burt Hummel, but I wish they would have respected Kurt’s Atheism.

I think most of the group had kind intentions throughout the entire episode, and no one seemed to be trying to manipulate him into any sort of religious belief. In fact, Kurt was the one being completely disrespectful of everyone else's faith. I'm actually shocked they made him look bad in an episode for once in the first 30 minutes.

Fantastic episode. Glee still going strong. It's good to have a show like this popular amongst young kids.

I have to agree with everybody that Kurt's "I Want To Hold Your Hand" was wonderful. Very beautifully crafted sequence.

It's a shame that Finn had to sing "Losing My Religion." R.E.M. is basically my favorite band, and I happen to think that is one of the greatest songs ever written, but I wish practically any other cast member had taken it. I like Finn, but he is probably the least talented and least charismatic performer on the show.

After two rather tepid Glee episodes

The Britney episode was tepid? Wow. No way. We're going to have to just disagree on that. I thought the Britney episode was a fucking blast.

11) Quinn is one character who has expressed her faith since the series’ beginning, yet she was given short shrift in this episode. I wish they would have focused on her more.

Agreed, and as I've mentioned before, I think Quinn gets short shrift in general on the show. I just feel she's always played off to the side. More Quinn, please. Dianna Agron is stunning.

I liked that, too :D. Oh, Brittney... (though, I have to say, I felt really bad for her at the end of the show-the scene with her in the restaurant :(. Felt bad for Artie, too. Poor Artie :hug:)

Kurt's "duet" performance was all sorts of awesome. LOVED that outfit he was sporting as well. I think it's kinda cool that a primetime show that's mainly geared towards teens and young adults is willing to occasionally showcase music like the kind Kurt sang. I wasn't familiar with that song he did until tonight, but I quite liked it. That was my personal favorite of all the group's songs, though Mercedes and Santana's was fantastic, too.

Also, my sister thinks Quinn and Sam are really cute together :). Though I imagine the girls who love Puck aren't going to be too happy.

Angela

Mercedes & Santana's performance :applaud: Thought they should have won.

Brittany at the end.... a la Lady & The Tramp :giggle:

Kurt :applaud:

Lotta singing by Rachel tonight. She had 3 songs (duets).

My Glist by GLG

After last week's heavy "Grilled Cheesus" it was good to see Glee come back to being just fun and entertaining with its latest episode "Duets."

1) Puck is now in juvie. I thought I saw him on "Cops."

2) Hmm, Sam , are you on "Teem Peen" or "Teem Poon?" And of course, Kurt can tell if someone colors his or her hair.
Kurt to GLG: "Bitch, I can see those brown roots from space."

3) Free meals at Breadstix? Oh, Will. You're such a foodie.

4) Who knew the power of Elton John and KiKi Dee could make Rachel realize she's a selfish bitch? Or maybe it was from rubbing Burt Hummel's head last week.

5) Speaking of Burt, I'm glad 'Faggygate" was put to rest.

6) Satan and Mercedes' rendition of "River Deep, Mountain High" made me shout, "Praise, Grilled Cheesus!"

7) Okay, Kurt's duet was not exactly a duet, but I was wonderfully entertained by "Le Jazz Hot" from "Victor/Victoria."

8) Mike Chang? If you sing sans shirt no one is going to care if you have a good voice or not.

9) Dressed as a priest and a Catholic school girl, Finn and Rachel sing a song from the Broadway smash 'Thorn Birds: The Musical." Actually, they sing the cheesetastic (taste great with bread sticks) "With You I'm Born Again." Rachel should have dressed up as an altar boy. It would have been more offensive but more apt. (The sound you're hearing is Bill Donahue's head exploding.)

10) To cleanse the palate, Quinn and Sam sing some dorky song about loving your best friend. They are cute and charming, and look like an ad for Sun-In.

11) Brittany and Artie, you break my heart. Brittany is an equal opportunity slut who has just so much love to give! But I am glad Artie was able to put his fully-functioning wang to the test. Sadly, it wasn't with Tina.

12) Rachel and Kurt's duet? Too fabulous for words!

All that talk of the Breadstix place made me actually want to go there :p.

I love the alter boy suggestion :laugh:. That would've had people buzzing, no doubt. Mike and Tina's song was insanely cutesy, but I did kinda like it. I don't have a thing for Mike (partly because he hasn't been on enough for me to even remember he exists), but I'm quite sure many a girl out there will echo your thoughts about him.

And I totally didn't notice the absence of Sue. Wow.

Angela

photo-14.jpg

:tsk:

If U2 songs show up on Glee again, they're just going to call them "classic rock" and piss of a lot of people again. :wink:

Forget U2 @ 5%... Justin Timberlake should get an episode over Michael Jackson?
Who the hell takes these things?

Besides, I'm more depressed that we'll probably never get a U2 Guitar Hero :iamcry: :sad:

Back
Top Bottom