Game of Thrones, continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fair enough, out of curiosity, what end would you have found more fitting?

I liked the fact that Sansa and Arya plotted together and Bran was almost useful but I agree it could have been handled with a lot more tact - you could see it coming from the moment Arya returned to Winterfell.

Boo!

Booooooooooo!

Worst ending for a character ever.

One of my favorite characters ever created. Destroyed them two seasons ago and never recovered.

Dear God, I hope Martin does better than that.

I agree with this for most of the season. It was atrocious at character development. The only main characters that seemed remained true to their back story were Jon and Cersei. The Arya/Sansa writing was truly awful. That said, I think they managed to at least end it well - bad process, good outcome.

I just would have liked a scene or two of connective material between those two (2) scenes from Winterfell that made up the bulk of the b-plot and set up a conspiracy unraveling years of deceit.

Sansa and Littlefinger are talking, then there's a fucking trial going on...for Arya? Ohhhhh it's for Littlefinger, of course. He's a scumbag. Kill him. Wait, when was this set up? And by whom? And why does Sansa know all of this information all of a sudden? Bran?

Oh well, back to Theon.

Wait, Theon gets to sail off into the sunset because being kicked in the balls doesn't hurt him? What the fuck is this shit?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure being kneed firmly in the crotch hurts even if you've had your cock cut off. That scene made no sense.

Theon should have been killed two or three seasons ago. What a waste of a character.

What I can't get over in this season is the stupidity of the plan to bring the wight to King's Landing. Anyone could have predicted exactly what ended up happening: Cersei trying to get an advantage while the other armies march north. It's so stupid. Basically, the writers needed to give the Night King a dragon and this was the only thing they could come up with.

Last edited:
Fair enough, out of curiosity, what end would you have found more fitting?

I liked the fact that Sansa and Arya plotted together and Bran was almost useful but I agree it could have been handled with a lot more tact - you could see it coming from the moment Arya returned to Winterfell.
Mainly what Travis said. I always expected him to die, but for being the character who set off the entire series, basically, we deserved more than two seconds of, "what a twist!"
I just would have liked a scene or two of connective material between those two (2) scenes from Winterfell that made up the bulk of the b-plot and set up a conspiracy unraveling years of deceit.

Sansa and Littlefinger are talking, then there's a fucking trial going on...for Arya? Ohhhhh it's for Littlefinger, of course. He's a scumbag. Kill him. Wait, when was this set up? And by whom? And why does Sansa know all of this information all of a sudden? Bran?

Oh well, back to Theon.

Wait, Theon gets to sail off into the sunset because being kicked in the balls doesn't hurt him? What the fuck is this shit?

Oh well, back to Theon.

To this point... Littlefinger hears *everything*. How did he not hear Sansa and Arya plotting against him?

Better yet, how did EVERYONE in the room know that this was a setup? Or, at least, they weren't shocked or didn't care that the Lord Commander of the Vale was to be executed without trial.

To this point... Littlefinger hears *everything*. How did he not hear Sansa and Arya plotting against him?

Better yet, how did EVERYONE in the room know that this was a setup? Or, at least, they weren't shocked or didn't care that the Lord Commander of the Vale was to be executed without trial.

I thought the writing last week was crap, because the Arya/Sansa scene did not ring true and we were left to believe Arya might kill Sansa because of a stupid note??

Yes, Littlefinger knew everything because of his spies and the bribes he paid to servants.

So the Sansa/ Arya scene was a show for his spies. I imagine they could have planned the rest when they were out at the tree with Bran with no spies or servants around.

As for his death scene they kept is simple because he is coming back as Arya/Littlefinger, At the top of Arya's list is Cersei

The Jon Snow / Theon scene was set up for the same dialogue to be used again. Jon Snow may not be a Stark, but he is both a Targarian and a Stark and that Ned Stark was a father to him.

the writers do these set ups, we buy the white walker- dragon, because a few scenes earlier we had the white walker - polar bear

I am really not happy with a white-walker dragon, but a dog-fight in the sky will no doubt give a solid 10/10 rating online.

now here is my own favorite fan fiction for the end of Cersei,
first part (not as likely to happen) Little finger pays her a visit and is bit perplexed to see her so pregnant. Cersei notes that he is a bit off and remembers the story of the demise of the Freys, So she pulls a dagger and stabs Little-finger killing Arya, Yes, it is sad, but how upset were when the lead Ned Stark died.

this part can happen and I see this as slightly more likely,
Cersei is having her baby and Tyrion is there, the baby comes out
A DWARF she
decides to kill the baby and he strangles her.

Last edited:
Should have ran with the usual 10 episodes this year to setup the final season (which probably could be condensed to 6-7 episodes, if they are going to be pretty lengthy). I think if we had a few more episodes like that finale it would have been a better season.....even if it is just fan fiction now.

Finally got around to this season...what the bloody hell. Maybe I'm alone in this, but the White Walkers / Night King story is easily the least compelling part of the entire show. That the entire final season seems like it will be committed to that is hugely disappointing. The show at its best is about the complexity of human motivations; instead now they want to focus on a nebulous group whose motivations have never been addressed. And as Gump alluded to, the ice dragon "twist" is a horrendous deus ex machina.

Finally got around to this season...what the bloody hell. Maybe I'm alone in this, but the White Walkers / Night King story is easily the least compelling part of the entire show. . . . . And as Gump alluded to, the ice dragon "twist" is a horrendous deus ex machina.

I didn't find much in the entire season compelling. I suppose the question mark involving Tyrion and his Cersi is intriguing, but just.

I realize the White Walkers coming are the backdrop for everything else going on but I've joked about how they walk and never get anywhere since season 2.

They could have walked around the world by now -- twice.

I think it would be way more interesting for them to take the white walkers out early in the final season and then have the real ending of the show be about the subsequent vacuum of power and how it gets filled.

I think it would be way more interesting for them to take the white walkers out early in the final season and then have the real ending of the show be about the subsequent vacuum of power and how it gets filled.

How many seasons worrying about winter coming for this ending? No thanks.

5 minutes of CGI dragon riding

"It's cold up here for a southern girl"

"Then keep your queen warm"

f29.png

I didn't enjoy that and I'm really bothered by how much it seemed other people did. I wish I wasn't the way I am.

The last 5 minutes were pretty good but the rest clung desperately to the idea that all of the characters reuniting would be enough to carry an episode by itself.

Yeah, I thought it was a perfectly fine episode that set things up nicely. Nothing earth shattering but not a mess like I’ve read in certain few and far between places. It wasn’t just about reunions. It was about showing that everyone is now in the same place (except Cersei).

I thought it was better than most of season 7. They were at least true to the characters and rules of the universe most of the time.* I liked that most reunions introduced conflict that was more believable than the Sansa-Arya silliness of season 7.

* dragon riding being the obvious exception.

Note: I've not read the books or seen any episodes up until last night. I am gonna watch the whole final season as my partner does and annoy her by asking questions constantly

Back
Top Bottom