Game of Thrones, continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There were at least two deus ex machina moments in that last episode. Dany did that thing where a character is watching intently for something and then turns around, only to have the thing they were waiting for show up right as they're about to leave. John bending the knee after Dany had already agreed to support his cause was stupid and cliche.

The show is turning into high budget fan fiction, but it's still really entertaining. I'm looking forward to seeing the white walker dragon battle it out with Dany's.

I don't take the show seriously and have little respect for the writers and showrunners so this over the top stuff is fine with me, which is why I loved this last episode so much.

The last 30-40 minutes of this episode salvaged the season. Good stuff.

I watched it with my FL family, and we had a blast yelling at the screen at various times.

Bummed we have to wait to long for the end.

The banter on the way to the dragon pit was great. Hound-Brienne and Tyrion-Bron-Podrick had some funny exchanges.

This season was uneven for me too. Enough to like for a win. But without the strong narrative of a well written book that went though the hands of an editor the fan fiction entered the writers room.

I have some of my own fan fiction, that could see daylight in the next season. I may come back and post it later.

I imagine this thread will die down and then come back to life when season 8 starts.
Might be fun to see if any of our speculation makes it into the series, since we are beyond the books and this can go anywhere.

Watched it last night. Second episode I've seen, the first I saw some dude got his hand cut off and had to wear it around his neck. I thought it was pretty boring. Not much action. My girlfriend and our friends were losing their shit but it was a lot of talk and no action. But Emilia Clarke is so hot tho.

Boo!

Booooooooooo!

Worst ending for a character ever.

One of my favorite characters ever created. Destroyed them two seasons ago and never recovered.

Dear God, I hope Martin does better than that.

Couldn't even enjoy the fact that
Cleganebowl is mother fucking confirmed
because that was so disappointing.

It was awful. Poorly written, poorly acted. Complete nonsense for the characters, none of the actions made sense. And like with most big reveals on this show lately, they dealt with it in about 30 seconds. Fuck nuance, let's see some blood.

Pathetic.

Oh for sure, but the poor acting/writing was the girls and all that. He was a good character but as such I wanted him out.

So, I get what you're saying, but I'm still glad.

I'm not surprised Cobbler didn't like the episode.

IT WAS SO BORING.

The writers have grown so accustomed to cramming 6 plots into 60 minutes that they really seemed to struggle with having much of the cast in the same area together. Lots of corny "remember when" chit-chat and heavy-handed exposition (that Jon/Theon meeting was the worst offender). Bad, bad pacing. All of this and the b-plot at Winterfell still ended up rushed when all of the craptastic Theon stuff could have been cut out to no negative effect.
"Oh well Bran just told us everything you did...offscreen...at some point...you didn't see it because we didn't make any time for Bran...well, anyway, BLOOD."

Of course it's got almost a perfect score on IMDb. With this rabid fanbase, an hour of Sam reading a book would get an 8+.

[TWEET]902017567493115904[/TWEET]

Last edited:
:shrug: I thought it was one of this season's better episodes, to be honest. And watching Littlefinger unable to extricate himself from his web of lies was quite satisfying, even if part of me wanted one of the eminent schemers, him or Varys, to emerge victorious in the end.

The one really clumsy scene for me was Jon and Theon.

It was awful. Poorly written, poorly acted. Complete nonsense for the characters, none of the actions made sense

:shrug:
I thought it was all quite logical. Even though I feared, just before watching the episode, that Sansa would be the one ending up dead. But Littlefinger was getting tied up in his webs of lies. And last night was the moment he got stuck and lost the support of The Vale.
Yes, some more exposition was done off-screen (likely), but others (even here) are complaining when things are getting too spelled out too. So I was fine with how it played out.

Yeah, I'm not crazy about the rapid increase in pacing for this season overall but this episode seemed pretty good. I was convinced Littlefinger was going down this episode so it came as no surprise. I'm not exactly sure what fate would be more satisfactory.

I called it because it was predictable story writing from these two.

But if you think any of that fit his character I guess I gave D+D too much credit for their adaptation of him.

Back
Top Bottom