Game of Thrones, continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
REDEMPTION FOR JORAH

Honestly, that scene between him and Daenerys was maybe my favorite in all 6 seasons. Like, how many times have we even seen her get emotional?

I really, really hope he finds that cure in time.

I just caught up with this show after a two-month binge watching, which was probably ill-advised, because watching them in quick succession has a numbing effect, and a lot of the stuff that must have been shocking at the time of initial airing didn't really register as such for me.

But I agree with this statement completely. Jorah FTMFW.

So I'll just say this, and admit it's coming as something of a knee jerk, because I just saw this episode a few days ago:

The death scene with Hodor is everything that is great and not great about the show. It packs a tremendous emotional punch because of the investment that was built in the character and the general principles he was supposed to embody. But then the explanation for how he came to be "Hodor" was patently ridiculous to the point almost of idiocy IMO. In general (again IMO) every supernatural plot point is a drain on the overall story, no matter how cool the dragons or the night king might look in the moment.

1. Arya's performance as Walder Frey
2. The long shot of the winter storm approaching and the zombie army marching through the snow
3. The Hound calling that priest dude a "bald cocksucker"

Arya stole this episode in the first 5 minutes, but the whole thing was really good. Glad to have GoT back.

The Dany storyline doesn't interest me at all, probably because her character isn't believable to me. I hope this season can change that because she's obviously going to play a very big (maybe even the biggest) role.

I also loved the Arya scene.

Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only person uninterested in Dany. To be honest, every time the book/show goes to Essos my interest wanes. Westeros is the real deal.

Literally as of this episode, after season upon season of Essos being boring.

I felt like my almost-two-year-old daughter when she finishes her ice cream. More! More! More!

So what do we think is going to be the ultimate outcome? Surely it's too good for Dany to be on that iron throne come next year [emoji38]

It ends with me becoming a character on the show and I get together with both Sansa and Arya and we rule the realm as a threesome.

In what way is her character not believable to you?
I think the transformation from an innocent, naive girl to a strong leader wasn't handled in the best way. It was way too sudden as it all happened within the first season basically.

I think the transformation from an innocent, naive girl to a strong leader wasn't handled in the best way. It was way too sudden as it all happened within the first season basically.

I was actually going to comment on your post earlier...

Does anyone feel as though she got to westeros and suddenly became a total asshole?

Back
Top Bottom