Game of Thrones, continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw a funny snippet of a Peter Dinklage interview yesterday (can't seem to find it on YouTube) where he summed up GoT in about 45 seconds.

STAB STAB STAB STAB
SEXY SEXY SEXY SEXY
STAB STAB STAB STAB

It was funny.

EbbS1rk.gif

I can't believe more people have not commented on this. I'd been waiting for that for weeks.

I'm confused:
the Mountain isn't surviving that duel either so isn't it a draw
?

I'm going to go ahead and spoiler this so as to answer, so anyone who wants to avoid future events regarding the Mountain's fate ought not to click it. This is only regarding the Mountain and will say nothing of how last night impacts Tyrion.

I'm serious. Legit spoilers here.

Last chance.

Oberyn didn't get the name Red Viper for nothing. He's famous for coating the tips of his spears with deadly poisons, which is exactly what happened here (you actually see the guy with him and Ellaria wiping down the spears). The Mountain "survives" the trial in that he doesn't die immediately, but he dies a very slow, agonizing death. Oberyn got his confession, and he posthumously gets his revenge.

But it gets even weirder from there.

Anyway, that duel was probably my favorite scene in the entire series both on page and on screen. They totally nailed it. Pascal was perfectly cast and played the moment to a tee.

For whatever reason, that scene f-ed with my head far more than deadNed or Redwed.

Not nearly as cool as the last scene from last week's episode, since this whole thing was pretty fucking predictable. Good gore though.

This was my least favorite episode in the show's entire run and I'm not kidding.

Fuck this show. Arya, go ahead and kill everybody already and sit on the Iron Throne in my mind with your brothers and sister and your wolves.

I'm done.

Not nearly as cool as the last scene from last week's episode, since this whole thing was pretty fucking predictable. Good gore though.
Yeah, I had zero doubt that Oberyn was going down from the moment he declared himself Tyrion's champion. Allowing two well liked characters to triumph like that would be way too neat.

This was my least favorite episode in the show's entire run and I'm not kidding.

Fuck this show. Arya, go ahead and kill everybody already and sit on the Iron Throne in my mind with your brothers and sister and your wolves.

I'm done.

I'm sticking with my own personal GOT fan fiction from now on. I'm done with this bullshit show.

I'm waiting to see what happens to Tyrion. If he dies, I'm out, and will just spoil myself on the rest via Wikipedia.

I consider the show a shallow diversion anyway, and with Dinklage gone about 50% of my enjoyment would go with him.

At this point, I'm guessing only Jamie could save him, and his character has been rather unpredictable. The deal he cut with Tywin (before Dinklage insisted on the Trial By Combat) was pretty self-sacrificing so who knows what he'll do when the execution is imminent.

I would be very tempted to bail if they kill of Tyrion as well.

As much as I enjoy the show, I do struggle to keep all of the goddamn characters straight. Like I'm supposed to remember who's that guy's father or whatever, and who killed who. All the guys look alike, dirty and beardy and at least slightly evil.

I need a flowchart and/or a cheat sheet to watch this damned show.

GoT has been exploitative shallow trash since the first season. It's also pretty entertaining when the gears are all turning in the right direction. Which is why I've stuck with it.

Tyrion doesn't die. At least not from this and that's all I've had people tell me as I too would possibly give up my tepid degree of interest at this stage.

I'm pretty good with the characters now. Occasionally one slips through, though (like when Locke showed up at Castle Black, I didn't remember he chopped Jamie's hand off).

Just decided that I'm going to the nearest bookstore tomorrow and buying Storm of Swords, Feast For Crows, and Dance With Dragons.

Fuck it. I'm done with the show. The message has been sent loud and clear. It's finally time to see what the books have to say to me.

Just decided that I'm going to the nearest bookstore tomorrow and buying Storm of Swords, Feast For Crows, and Dance With Dragons.

Fuck it. I'm done with the show. The message has been sent loud and clear. It's finally time to see what the books have to say to me.

I've only read the first two books, but from what I understand of others, Oberyn Martell also gets killed in there. You won't change the course of history by reading about it. :p

I thought that this episode was kick-ass. I didn't see the Red Viper's death coming (was expecting The Mountain to utter something that would incriminate Tywin and then Oberyn immediately going after him).
Sansa was also very strong. She's getting a grasp on the power she has and is putting it to use.
Arya and The Hound? Pure comedy. Enjoyed her laughing when she hears that her aunt has died (and thus that The Hound won't get anything for her).
Jorah? Interesting... I wonder where that will lead to.

Back
Top Bottom