Game of Thrones, continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and who gets the second Valyrian sword? I'd like it to be Tyrion . I guess it is Joffrey?

I hope someone else gets a hold of it and lets him have it.

Or maybe Tywin wants it for himself?

I hope they both wind up back in the Stark family.

Fuck. They completely nailed Joffrey's death face. The makeup, effects, whatever they did. It was perfect. What a closing shot.

I'll say that, even though I had a feeling a "main" character would die in this episode, I did not see it being Joffrey. Actually was worried for a minute there that it would be our young wolf Sansa.

The rest of the episode was somewhat meh, bouncing between half-failed True Blood and Hunger Games homages, but they sure as fuck brought it home hard in the end.

Who's behind it? Oberyn? Or is that a red herring? Tywin from above? Diana Rigg? A Stark loyalist? How does our imp get out of this?

QZqS76L.gif

An advantage of not having read the books ... getting to say HOLY SHIT because I had no idea that was coming.

An advantage of not having read the books ... getting to say HOLY SHIT because I had no idea that was coming.

Yeah, that was a gigantic HOLY SHIT moment! And we're only at episode 2. What can they do in episode 9 to top this?

Though part of me is happy that little shithead is gone, I'm also a bit bummed. Joffrey was maybe the only truly evil person in that series, the one you love to hate. And I kinda liked that. His behaviour in this episode was testament to that. So who do we truly hate now?
(I don't think that Cersei is evil enough. Power hungry and ruthless, yes, but not evil. Neither is Melissandre as fanatic she is in her belief in the Lord Of Light)

And yes, whodunnit? I don't think it's Tyrion. As humiliated he was by Joffrey, he didn't have the opportunity to acquire the poison. Nor would he expect (and anticipate) to be humiliated like that. My guess is on Lady Tyrell (the Queen Of Roses).

Other realisation I just had. Tommen is now the king. :ohmy:

Yeah, that was a gigantic HOLY SHIT moment! And we're only at episode 2. What can they do in episode 9 to top this?

Though part of me is happy that little shithead is gone, I'm also a bit bummed. Joffrey was maybe the only truly evil person in that series, the one you love to hate. And I kinda liked that. His behaviour in this episode was testament to that. So who do we truly hate now?
(I don't think that Cersei is evil enough. Power hungry and ruthless, yes, but not evil. Neither is Melissandre as fanatic she is in her belief in the Lord Of Light)

And yes, whodunnit? I don't think it's Tyrion. As humiliated he was by Joffrey, he didn't have the opportunity to acquire the poison. Nor would he expect (and anticipate) to be humiliated like that. My guess is on Lady Tyrell (the Queen Of Roses).

Other realisation I just had. Tommen is now the king. :ohmy:

Cersei is pure fucking evil man. :lol: I'll be happy to hate her now.

Someone just reminded me of it, it could also be Sansa who poisoned Joffrey. She had the cup for some moments when Joffrey kicked it away from Tyrion and handed it to Tyrion under the table.
Oh, so many valid options, so many who wanted to have Joffrey dead. :)

this is a question like who had sex with Lindsay Lohan
images

by the time he got that cup it probably had quite a few doses of poison in it.

that's why he went so quick

I think the producers mentioned that this season wouldn't build towards episode 9 like the past seasons. The action is more evenly spread. There's also more of it than ever.

BTW, some advice. Do not marry Margaery Tyrell. You will die before you can consume your marriage. She's like some kind of black widow.
:D

With a mom like that..... Yeah

If you're talking about the Queen of Thorns, she's Margaery's grandmother. I don't think we've seen Margaery's mother (yet?). And she wasn't near Renly when he died.

But yeah, better be friendly to her.

Someone just reminded me of it, it could also be Sansa who poisoned Joffrey. She had the cup for some moments when Joffrey kicked it away from Tyrion and handed it to Tyrion under the table.
Oh, so many valid options, so many who wanted to have Joffrey dead. :)

Jonsi

I think it was peef who poisoned King Joffrey. peef couldn't stand that there was someone out there, real or fictional, who might be an even bigger little bitchy piss lord than he is.

The shit with Tyrion and Shae, and also this brewing love triangle thing with Jaime/Cersei/Brienne, is way too soap opera, and I'm very happy they took a step in the right direction and cut Shae out of the show. It needed to happen. I hope she never comes back.

Maybe now we can just kill off one or all of the three in the triangle, and we'll be rolling.

Also don't really care for the torturer/Theon plot. Blah. Fuck it, Theon should have cut his throat then and there and they'd both be dead and we'd be out of that plot, too!

Cut all the dead weight.

Kill em all.

Except for Sansa, Arya, and Bran.

Bran annoys the fuck out of me. Like I get it, he's a good person, but he's boring.

I was thinking Tywin was pretty calm during the whole wedding ceremony. In the past he's intervened when Joffrey had gone too far. If he knew what was coming, it would make sense that he would let Joffrey go out in a blaze of douchery.

I mean, because of Joffrey's instability, it was going to come back and hurt the family at some point in the future. And if that's Tywin's primary concern, he would weed out the bad one.

Back
Top Bottom