Game of Thrones, continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone who didn't recognize Ed Sheeran as a jump the shark moment was kidding themselves.

Also, say what you want about the narrative choices that Lindelof and Cuse made with Lost, but they and the show itself never came off this inept, uninspired, and disinterested as what Weiss and Benioff are doing now. I hope the latter's Star Wars project gets deep-sixed like that racist Civil War thing they were going to do.

Last edited:
Bless the Internets!

f59edd6fa23543d1cfb244b976426019.gif

According to D&D themselves, Dany was unable to anticipate Euron's fleet and react appropriately because "she forgot about them."

I hope Disney "forgets" to give them a Star Wars trilogy so they can't fuck up two franchises.

According to D&D themselves, Dany was unable to anticipate Euron's fleet and react appropriately because "she forgot about them."

I hope Disney "forgets" to give them a Star Wars trilogy so they can't fuck up two franchises.

They can hardly fuck Star Wars more than it’s been fucked.

I’m curious what David Hasselhoff ant DB Cooper have to say about her literal inability to see the ships though. Line of sight.

I couldn't believe when I heard that. Honestly, half my entertainment each week now is their postgame comments in which they reveal how incredibly stupid they both are.

They can hardly fuck Star Wars more than it’s been fucked.

I’m curious what David Hasselhoff ant DB Cooper have to say about her literal inability to see the ships though. Line of sight.
When I heard they were getting some star wars stuff, iirc, it was before it was painfully obvious how much they relied on the Martin material for GOT to remain a great show. Right then and there I panicked. Hopefully Disney now realizes it's a bad idea.

that racist Civil War thing they were going to do.

I had almost forgotten about this.

Not surprising that they keep killing all the brown characters this season and kept making caricatures of the "eastern" characters in Essos.

I read not long ago that the Civil War show is still in development at HBO, despite the controversy/backlash

Forgive me as you know I've not watched the show / read the book but I found Jamie's "my planet needs me" bit really strange. Banged Brienne and then couldn't sleep and decided in a moment to go back to the dark side.

I want to believe he's going to go full praying mantis and fuck her one more time to lure her in before cutting her head off. But there is, I suppose, a possibility that he's being sincere about supporting her, in which case this show truly has become a radioactive pile of horseshit.

The scene felt awkward in the moment because the writers are trying to cram at least two books' worth of plot into six episodes, leaving countless plot threads and character arcs undone. There are dozens of questions that we will never know the answer to unless Martin finishes the books.

Oh I definitely think he had a moment where he realized “I’m the fucking awful king slayer and I’m and awful piece of shit and I’m going to go be a piece of shit and kill her.”

And I think he’s going to die trying and she’s going to look even eviler when she kills him in a careless fashion.

Oh I definitely think he had a moment where he realized “I’m the fucking awful king slayer and I’m and awful piece of shit and I’m going to go be a piece of shit and kill her.”

And I think he’s going to die trying and she’s going to look even eviler when she kills him in a careless fashion.

Nah. I think he's beyond standard redemption but I think failing to kill her and dying in the process would be too ignominious an end to his arc.

He probably dies taking her down with him. Poison doesn't seem his style but it would be the safest bet.

I can't imagine them letting Arya kill both of the big baddies. Would be a bit much.

Nah. I think he's beyond standard redemption but I think failing to kill her and dying in the process would be too ignominious an end to his arc.

He probably dies taking her down with him. Poison doesn't seem his style but it would be the safest bet.

I can't imagine them letting Arya kill both of the big baddies. Would be a bit much.

Why? He’s done enough stupid things that should’ve killed him by now.

The only logical purpose Jamie has for surviving The Long Night is to have some role in taking out Cersei. He was quite reasonably foreshadowed as cannon fodder in episode 2 when he admitted his wrongs to the Starks, knighted Brienne, etc. Classic scenario of a tragic character preparing for their own demise by attempting to set things right. I agree that he'll probably die trying to kill Cersei, though I'm not certain he will succeed directly. I'd like to think his death will have a greater impact than Theon's did, at least.

Last edited:
Jaime joining Cersei in earnest would be horribly out of character given his arc. The fact that it is a distinct possibility shows how poor the writing has been. The conversation with Brienne doesn't make sense irrespective of what comes next - writers are bending character arcs in order to create artificial "surprises".

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's Vanity Fair interview is ominous, though.

“Can we redefine ourselves?” Coster-Waldau asked himself as he approached this final season. “Most people have moments in their life where you go, ‘Can I really, fundamentally change?’ . . . The core of him has always been Cersei. . . . When that’s taken away, what are you then? What’s left? Is there anything left? When he leaves [King’s Landing at the end of Season 7], obviously he has no idea. He doesn’t know the answer to that question.”

I assume he will play a role in killing her as foreshadowed in the Valonqar Prophecy, which the show did not acknowledge but has alluded to at times.

Last edited:
Even in the books at the point they're at, it seems very obvious to me that Jamie is the one meant to kill Cersei. Anything else would be really terribly disappointing.

Bran will teleport to King's Landing, jump through the window from the ground and kill them both. It's, like, ironic.

I think Jaime legitimately is going back to help Cersei, but will kill her when the baby comes out looking like a Greyjoy.

The timeline about Cersei's pregnancy is also so ridiculous, by the way. So she is supposed to have gotten pregnant before the dragon pit meeting at the end of season 7. Since then, armies have marched North, fought the NK, and marched back south. And yet her pregnancy doesn't show?

Also, will Euron Greyjoy realize that if Tyrion knows about the pregnancy, the child is not his?

But that would be weird, why would he know that Cersei told Euron she is expecting his child?

I highly doubt Tyrion knew. He's an emotional guy sometimes and I think he really was just appealing to her because he does believe she'll be killed.

Back
Top Bottom