Game of Thrones, continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What Laz said. Used to be that characters couldn't go to a wedding without getting slaughtered. Now the main cast is repeatedly being surrounded by hordes of white walkers and coming out of it just fine. This is the second time in 5 episodes where it's happened.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's episode though because they've been doing better with dialogue-heavy cooldown episodes.

It had so much Tyrion that I couldn't dislike it.

No idea how he survived having a boat fall on him and basically daring Cersei to kill him, but OK. I can't imagine this show without him.

Last edited:
I want to know how all the bodies of the dead made it through not being re-risen and didn’t disintegrate when the Night King died.

And how they got all that wood up for funeral pyres so fast.

And why they burned everyone in their armor.

And how Starbucks opened so fast after a war.

Every time I enjoy an episode, I spend 10 minutes on r/freefolk reading memes afterwards and realize why it was terrible.

I can both enjoy watching the episodes and understand that the writing is terrible, though, so I'm still having a good time.

Every time I enjoy an episode, I spend 10 minutes on r/freefolk reading memes afterwards and realize why it was terrible.

I can both enjoy watching the episodes and understand that the writing is terrible, though, so I'm still having a good time.

I’m in this boat. I enjoyed it still.

I don't know. Given the stakes, I think there's a chance that last night's episode might eventually be consider amongst the worst of all of GoT this side of the sand snakes. It was so frustrating.

I really don't want to complain all the time as I really like the show, but it's become impossible to defend its narrative direction.

[TWEET]1125285288412995584[/TWEET]

Last edited:
Also, the North should have hired Qyburn to plot their military strategy against the NK.

Whatever. I’m still enjoying it.

I’m in this boat. I enjoyed it still.

Well yeah obviously it's enjoyable, that's the result showrunners are going for when they pander like this.

But a lot of shows are good while you're watching it as well as when you think about them afterwards. This no longer has that kind of quality.

Nothing would give me more pleasure than to see the general public turn on GOT as they did with the end of Lost, because this time it would actually be deserved.

Tee-Black_a3ac14c6-7fb7-4ee5-a8d7-0f62d7e292e4_1024x.jpg

Well yeah obviously it's enjoyable, that's the result showrunners are going for when they pander like this.

But a lot of shows are good while you're watching it as well as when you think about them afterwards. This no longer has that kind of quality.

Nothing would give me more pleasure than to see the general public turn on GOT as they did with the end of Lost, because this time it would actually be deserved.
I'm not trying to excuse it, by any means.

I can't get over the fact that Bron just showed up to Winterfell, unnoticed, with a Lannister crossbow, knocked at the door, threatened to kill "generals" and "advisers" in Dany's army, got promised the wealthiest province in the land, and left unimpeded.

I can't get over the fact that Bron just showed up to Winterfell, unnoticed, with a Lannister crossbow, knocked at the door, threatened to kill "generals" and "advisers" in Dany's army, got promised the wealthiest province in the land, and left unimpeded.

Right?!? That actually irritated me.

Indeed ludicrous. And while not as offensive overall, there’s been more of that “teleport” nonsense this season with Theon leaving his sister’s ship and then seeming to appear in Winterfell the next morning?

There’s been more of that “teleport” nonsense this season. What about Theon leaving his sister’s ship and then seeming to appear in Winterfell the next morning?

And somehow the fleet has multiplied in size from the 3-4 ships that Yara and Theon stole.

Indeed ludicrous. And while not as offensive overall, there’s been more of that “teleport” nonsense this season with Theon leaving his sister’s ship and then seeming to appear in Winterfell the next morning?
With this episode, I full on believe they're just doing it on purpose.

Next episode's Starbucks product placement will be even more overt. I'm expecting Arya and the Hound to run into a trio of bandits named Grande, Venti, and Trenta, who are laughing it up over a pungent grog made from local beans, which they offer to our travelers generously.

Back
Top Bottom