Game of Thrones, continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well that was quite some episode.

I'm going to laugh if Olenna somehow doesn't die, but even if she does, she played that perfectly.

My girlfriend watches the episodes and then messages me her reactions (I've never seen it) and she sent me like 30 in a row that were just like "OMFGGGG" hahaha

I was actually going to comment on your post earlier...

Does anyone feel as though she got to westeros and suddenly became a total asshole?
Haha, the latest episode definitely proved your point. Dany is the weak point of the show for me.

The Lannister scenes were all brilliant. I also loved the Jon - Tyrion dialogue.

That was good, but this season is moving way too fast.

Also, even with some creative time accounting, I don't find it particularly feasible that Euron was able to cut down Asha's navy on the way to Dorne, return to King's Landing with the trophies, then navigate around Westeros to Casterly Rock just as the Unsullied got there. Those must be some really fast ships.

The Jon-Danny meeting really delivered, though.

Capture_zps7tshuxdp.png

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

It's absolutely absurd that Jaime and Bronn are going to survive the dragon attack but that sequence was still very much edge-of-my-seat bad ass.

And I can't tell you how happy I am that the Stark kids are back together, even if one of them is a dead-inside robot time travelling wizard. Maybe Arya and Sansa can help bring him closer to some form of humanity.

I imagine Bronn will be helping him take his armor off detaching his brass hand and helping him swim-up on the other side
It would be a shame if he lost the Widow's wail

Honestly, we all are now so attuned to assuming somebody "dead" is not dead that the real surprise would be Jaime and Bronn actually being dead.

I really wanted Jaime to kill Cersei though.

Honestly, we all are now so attuned to assuming somebody "dead" is not dead that the real surprise would be Jaime and Bronn actually being dead.

I really wanted Jaime to kill Cersei though.

Yeah it's kinda annoying how things aren't supposed to be anticlimactic, and that's the dead giveaway (pun intended).

Didn't they fall into the water just at the shore? Why the fuck is there enough water for him to sink into? Shouldn't it be, like, a foot deep?

The League of Justice heading beyond the wall next week should be fun.

I'm not sure why HBO decided to shrink this season to 7 episodes. They could have used 10, with the same storyline. While exciting, this season has been rushed at best. They needed more time for context-settind and character moments, which simply is not happening. I don't think it would have cost much more, either - the action scenes and CGI stuff could be the same, it's the actors talking in rooms scenes that are missing.

The plan to get a wight beyond the Wall to convince Cersei is some stupid shit. What are they thinking?

Would it kill them to at least try to make it look like these cross-country trips take more than an hour? Flying a dragon is one thing but it seemed like Tyrion took the hyperloop to King's Landing.

Would it kill them to at least try to make it look like these cross-country trips take more than an hour? Flying a dragon is one thing but it seemed like Tyrion took the hyperloop to King's Landing.

At least that is a short boat ride away.

I would have little issue with the liberty they are taking with the passage of time if they were more consistent. But the amount of ground that human characters are coverning in basically no time is not at all in sync with how slow the Night King's Army is taking to reach the wall.

Basically: since Hardhome, Jon has been back to Castle Black, died, was resurrected, won the Battle of Bastards and moved into Winterfell, was crowned King of the North, traveled across the continent to Dragonstone, befriended dragons, and then got back to Eastwatch, and the white walkers haven't even reached the wall?

Tc5Abjx.png

I'm hoping Arya and Sansa are somehow in cahoots and working together against Littlefinger. If that motherfucker tears apart the Stark sisters then maybe he truly is playing the game better than anyone.

Agreed Gump that this feels all a little bit rushed.

a few things in the most recent episode annoyed me, but most notably the scene between Sam and Gilly.

as pissy as Samwell could be over the maesters, how does he not ask Gilly about Rhaegar? he even explains what an annulment is right before she goes on to say that he had one and was secretly married in Dorne. how on earth would that not pique his interest?

I think that part is quite believable. Gilly mispronounced Rhaegar, for a start, so he may not have understood who she was referring to. But more importantly, why would Sam care? He's exasperated trying to find information about how to defeat the white walkers, so royal weddings and annulments are not a priority right now. And he has no clue of how Rhaegar might be related to the broader story, and to Jon.

Yesterday, episode 6 leaked. (Apparently the episode was available on HBO Spain/HBO Sweden for an hour or so, long enough for people to get it) So it is avaiable on your favourite illegal download/torrent site.

That's all I'm going to say about it for now.

I was thinking of hunting out a torrent, but that would mean waiting even longer for the final episode of season. So I'm going to wait for Monday (Australian time) like normal.

Back
Top Bottom