Game of Thrones, continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I expected him to be not-dead at some point, but I thought they'd make that the season cliffhanger or something.

Now I don't know, I watched the first episode last night, and he was dead.

and now I hear everywhere that he isn't- :ohmy:.

I need to watch episode 2 ASAP

Season is off to a fine and fast start, imo.

Loved Tyrion with the dragons and Sansa asking about Arya!!! :heart:

This season rules. Fuck the patriarchy. Kill the patriarchy.

AND A SEASON ONE STARK FAM REUNION LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It feels to me like this thing is finally moving at a faster pace toward some kind of resolution. An ending.

We are actually going to have a massive Battle for Winterfell (go Starks!). It looks like the pieces are in place for the Lannisters to finally kill the religious freaks. And, dare I say it, is Dany FINALLY going to head West ???

If that fire show last night wasn't the catalyst for her big move to Westeros then I don't know.

It just feels like we're closer to finality and bringing this thing full circle.

I'm not sure it's possible at this point for the conclusion to be completely satisfying. But at least we're moving toward it.

Arya is still kinda spinning her wheels, though. :(

REDEMPTION FOR JORAH

Honestly, that scene between him and Daenerys was maybe my favorite in all 6 seasons. Like, how many times have we even seen her get emotional?

I really, really hope he finds that cure in time.

REDEMPTION FOR JORAH

Honestly, that scene between him and Daenerys was maybe my favorite in all 6 seasons. Like, how many times have we even seen her get emotional?

I really, really hope he finds that cure in time.

That played out way better than Petyr and Sansa, that's for sure.

Oh God...I'm...I'm...really emotional right now.

The last couple of episodes have been outstanding. It's interesting that a Lost director was in charge of last night's episode, given how the story addressed time continuum issues.

But damn, from a storytelling perspective, the Hodor revelation is pretty incredible. That it was planned so long in advance, but delivered with such a degree of emotional gratification, is really something.

dxoibkmntaepdf0rmloj_zps1q8vxkmw.jpg

This shit with Arya is fucked up. I mean, she's not dead but wtf? Almost too much misdirection. Is it her, is it him, who's acting, who's wearing a mask...fuck it. It's pissing me off.

Her all-time BFF is suddenly back alive, though. Which is cool.

That character's return reveal is an absolute thrill. So happy he's back.

As for Arya's plot, next episode is titled "No One" so I imagine it'll be resolved next week. At least I hope so. Arya needs to start stirring things up in Westeros again.

This shit with Arya is fucked up. I mean, she's not dead but wtf? Almost too much misdirection. Is it her, is it him, who's acting, who's wearing a mask...fuck it. It's pissing me off.

Her all-time BFF is suddenly back alive, though. Which is cool.

I agree. The Arya storyline is possibly my least favorite part of this season so far. The Faceless Men stuff has lost its mystique, and they have been dragging that for too long. I hope it's resolved soon.

I'm really enjoying the realpolitik in Westeros though. The Riverrun siege has already led to some great moments, including the Blackfish-Jaime conversation. And now Brienne is heading there, which may lead to the long awaited reunion with Jaime. Also: Bron. I may have preferred his re-appearance than the other surprise character last week. And the Jon/Wildlings/Littlefinger army may make its way there after Winterfell. Should make for a great end of the season.

The Greyjoys trip to Essos takes quite a bit of suspension of fictional reality. That trip to Volantis should have taken months, and yet they are already there? I guess they need to speed up the process of getting Danaerys to Westeros.

Back
Top Bottom