Game of Thrones, continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The show runners have very explicitly come out today and said that he is dead and will stay dead in just about every article out there. :crack:

This is so fucked. There's no way the book and show come to the same ending no matter what Martin is told to feed us.

He's basically said Jon is alive enough to convince me.

I don't believe the show runners and I don't believe Martin. I'll find out what's what as the books/show progresses, and if they remain different, because god knows they're already different, then so be it. I'll enjoy each on their own terms. I can understand the divergence upsetting some, it's not exactly uncommon to hear right now, but for me, yeah, I just gave in to them being separate but insanely connected pieces of art and that has helped.

You can answer in spoilers if you want to answer at all: was there any point to the Dorne thing in the books or was it just as random and seemingly wasteful of everyone's time as it was in the series?

You can answer in spoilers if you want to answer at all: was there any point to the Dorne thing in the books or was it just as random and seemingly wasteful of everyone's time as it was in the series?

To me the Dorne chapters of the books are by far the most boring, and unless Doran Martell does have some master plan we're unaware of than yes they do seem as utterly pointless in the books.

The show runners have very explicitly come out today and said that he is dead and will stay dead in just about every article out there. :crack:

I dunno, they kind of have to say that otherwise his death will really have no impact.

I would not be surprised if Melisandre brings him back considering she just happens to be there at the Wall...

Here's my opinion, and this goes for ALL shows: don't say anything. At all.

The show runners for The Blacklist do this all the time and it's maddening. Just don't answer. Saying he's dead or not dead isn't going to please anyone or get people to leave you alone, so just don't answer. People need to learn patience. There's no point in watching a show if you're just going to ask the creators for all of the answers ahead of time.

I somehow managed to avoid all spoilers while I was in Europe and finally watched the finale yesterday in a jet lagged haze.

Fuuuuuck noooool!! is what I yelled at the TV.
and then I fell asleep and forgot about it

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Honestly, a little depressed, but oh well.

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

Hoping that's the end of Dorne in the series. The two Sandsnakes appearing on the boat makes no sense but I'm willing to forgive the writers if that was the quickest way to end that story.

Wonder how long they'll tease out Jon Snow for? The end is in sight time wise and there's a lot they need to do.

Really hope the rumours of a final split season are false. I'd sooner wait a few months to get one longer season that two shorts seasons with a year inbetween. But not like HBO have much else to air.

I rarely enjoy season openers from GoT because there are too many storylines to catch up with. It gets really thematically diffuse and unfocused. This episode was especially busy and few of the plots left an impression on me. The pacing of Arya's storyline is SO FUCKING SLOW.

Dany's plot has taken an interesting turn though. I enjoyed those Dothraki exchanges very much.

I thought it was pretty good, but agree that there were perhaps too many plot issues to deal with. I'm curious about a few things:

- When does Bran make an appearance now?
- What does Cercei and Jaime story arch look like now? She had a few mellow moments in the opening, but I bet she will be back to mega-evil-witch in no time.
- Can't way to see the Dothraki home for hot elderly widows.

Last edited:
Well, that didn't take quite long.

I'm still intrigued by the Bran storyline, even though it moves at a snail's pace.

Back
Top Bottom