Game of Thrones, continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, I'm not someone who has a lust for on-screen violence and horrors, but there's something a little inconsistent about showing the death of Oberyn in such graphic detail, and not cutting to a single shot of
Shireen burning alive

Melisandre just moved into second place behind Ramsay Bolton on my list of people I want to see die in a fire.

I understand your hatred against Melisandre, though I don't share it (must be the Dutchie in me). I think that even before Melisandre I'd like to see Selyse (Stannis' wife) greyscaled to death. Not even her last-moment change of feelings for her daughter saved her from me hating her reli-fanaticism.

Why did Jon and his gang return on that side of the Wall? I thought they sailed to Eastwatch-by-the-Sea which is on the good side of the Wall. Well that's the logical thing to do anyway.

I understand your hatred against Melisandre, though I don't share it (must be the Dutchie in me). I think that even before Melisandre I'd like to see Selyse (Stannis' wife) greyscaled to death. Not even her last-moment change of feelings for her daughter saved her from me hating her reli-fanaticism.

The whole three of them need to suffer in the most horrible way. God, that was brutal. I had to pause the show for about 15 minutes after that scene before I could continue.

Show spoilers only, no book spoilers.

Things I am fine with:
-rape
-beheading
-flaying
-genital removal
-crushing heads

Where I apparently draw the line:
-sacrifice of adorable, scaly children

So I guess Jorah's gonna give her greyscale?

I think the idea is that the person has to touch the infected area to contract the greyscale. It seems like Jorah's infection hasn't spread from the upper wrist yet, and he didn't touch Dany with his wrist. Just his hand. The wrist seems to constantly be covered with his sleeve.

(I have no fucking idea. This show is so awesome, though.)

I think the idea is that the person has to touch the infected area to contract the greyscale. It seems like Jorah's infection hasn't spread from the upper wrist yet, and he didn't touch Dany with his wrist. Just his hand. The wrist seems to constantly be covered with his sleeve.

(I have no fucking idea. This show is so awesome, though.)

Oh, I don't think he gave it to her yet, but it feels inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

From Grantland:

"Dan asks, “How do you spread the Grayscale? Davos gave Princess Shireen a number of kisses, and Jorah and Daenerys had a little hand-holding session … so does everyone end up looking like an alligator?”

Probably by touch, but we don’t know everything. Shireen, though scarred by the disease, is no longer an active carrier, having survived a number of years with no further spread of the scale. I think it’s fair to assume that it takes at least direct contact with a sufferer’s scaly region to cause transmission, not contact with an unaffected limb or body part. Jorah is careful to offer Dany the hand that’s attached to the non-fucked-up arm and his rash is covered by his leather bracers. Is that enough? Probably. In the books, a character by the name of Jon Connington fraternizes with lots of people in close quarters while wearing gloves that hide a growing gray patch. None of his compatriots have, as of yet, come down with the disease.

Still, point taken. Jorah, stop touching people."

And:

"Eric asks, “Why do the Wildlings and Night’s Watch returning from Hardhome have to go through the gates at Castle Black? They were on ships and Castle Black is far inland, isn’t it? Wouldn’t it make more sense to sail directly to East Watch by Sea?”

It’s a great question. I imagine the best answer, setting thousands of wildlings loose behind the Wall, is greatly troubling to lots of people. If you bring them through the gate, you can at least take a census, count the fighters, count the children, and see who has weapons and how many. It’s a controlled entry, rather than just a free-for-all, pun not intended. In the books, Jon’s wildling relocation plan calls for the Free Folk to surrender their valuables on the way in, as a kind of toll. Armbands of gold and metal, weird skulls, rare furs — Jon has the Watch collect whatever the wildlings have as a hedge against starvation, just in case they have to buy food."

That Grantland column by netw3rk is the one Game of Thrones "must read" online, in my book. He does a terrific job of giving informative background without spoiling future events.

She's the Molly Malone of .... uh ... whatever city she's in. (Seriously, I can't keep track of the city names. Davos? Or is that a guy? Dorne? That's not her plot. I dunno.)

So there was a fucking ridiculous amount of game changing events In this episode but I want to highlight my favorite scene before I fall asleep. And I'll be back tomorrow to talk about some of the other shit:

My fucking god, Arya's kill was one of the most vicious and satisfying things I've ever seen. It was the one moment when I actually had to audibly express myself and say "Holy fucking shit."

Anyway, yeah, maybe I'm not gonna end with that. Melisandre resurrects Jon Snow? I hope not. He's a great guy and he has grown on me, but he should stay dead. He's Ned all over again.

Cersei? A brutal and ugly scene. To turn someone so hated into a tragic figure with one sequence...impressive.

Sansa and Theon. Season 1 Fam, back again. Let's go.

And Tyrion and Varys reunited? Fuck yes. Total fan service. But also they know these two have great chemistry.

Myrcella biting it just like her brother. Fuck.

Stannis dead at Brienne's hand. Good. He fucked up real hard. Fuck him. Go Brienne.

Ehhhhhh....Dany back with the Dothraki? Not too excited about that. Have the dragon burn all of the Dothraki at the start of S6.

But seriously. Arya might be blind for a minute, but she wins the award for best kill in TV history. God damn that was awesome.

I thought the episode was all over the place with too much fan service but that Arya scene kicked ass. FUCK YES.

Ehh.

Also, why else would Melissandre be at the Wall? And she's fixated on Jon before so she's certainly aware of what she sees as his destiny.

Fuck Cersei. I was applauding during her whole walk. No punishment is horrible enough for her.

Anyway, yeah, maybe I'm not gonna end with that. Melisandre resurrects Jon Snow? I hope not. He's a great guy and he has grown on me, but he should stay dead. He's Ned all over again.

Agreed with everything you said except the part about Jon Snow, i don't think he should or will stay dead

556bb8514ae56e586e4574af_spoiler-got-nights-king.gif

Back
Top Bottom