Futurama news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reminder: Futurama returns this evening (Thursday) at 10pm on Comedy Central, in HD, with two half-hour episodes.

Both eps have leaked on teh Internets, and both are pretty good imo.

Reminder: Futurama returns this evening (Thursday) at 10pm on Comedy Central, in HD, with two half-hour episodes.

Both eps have leaked on teh Internets, and both are pretty good imo.

Do people have Comedy Central in HD? :jealous:

Our local paper reviewed the new episodes, and said they are surprised that Futurama was brought back because it doesn't really have any memorable characters like The Simpsons or Family Guy.
WTF!?!?!?!?

Our local paper reviewed the new episodes, and said they are surprised that Futurama was brought back because it doesn't really have any memorable characters like The Simpsons or Family Guy.
WTF!?!?!?!?

Bender, Fry not memorable? :madwife:

WTF!?!?!?!?

Yeah what? Futurama's characters are great! Zapp Brannigan and Kif and Prof. Farnsworth :up: and I did watch it last night in HD. :wink:

Apparently memorable means creepy or annoying in the case of Family Guy.

I loved 'Rebirth', hilarious and classic Futurama, the second episode was only middling though.

Coma, Coma, Coma, Coma Coma-chameleon!!!!

yes
I won't watch animation unless it is in HD
if not, it just looks too fake.

:lol:

I just don't like having paid too much for my TV only to have many channels only use 80 percent of the screen.

Besides, I watch way too much animation. Live actors look fake to me now. :wink:

I have to remember to try to catch these. Does Comedy Central not stream their shows online?

I'm on the same tv provider as my father, and live in a larger market than he does. He has had about 20 more channels in HD than I do for the last month or more (one of them being Comedy Central), and we're on the same service grade. I"m not sure why some channels like this are HD some places, and not in others.

I have to remember to try to catch these. Does Comedy Central not stream their shows online?

I'm on the same tv provider as my father, and live in a larger market than he does. He has had about 20 more channels in HD than I do for the last month or more (one of them being Comedy Central), and we're on the same service grade. I"m not sure why some channels like this are HD some places, and not in others.

iTunes has the new episodes for download, although they are $2.99 each. I think the season subscription is $30 or so.

I don't understand cable/satellite stuff when it comes to HD. I really hope Congress gets back to looking at making "a la carte" channel subscriptions possible. I know they have nothing else going on right now. :wink:

This week's episode took on iPhones, Twitter and social networking. Pretty disappointing to me -- they took a very obvious target and transplanted it into the future without putting any clever twist on it.

Last few weeks have been hit or miss, but this week's ep, "The Late Philip J. Fry" is one of the best Futurama episodes ever.

Really? :) We usually record it so I didn't even know they re-aired before it like that!

Also my kids said it's on Monday at 12am, so I'm sure I'll see it now. Thanks for the reminder, I've missed the last 3 weeks, but this one sounds good then.

Ironically, my provider added 50 or 60 HD channels about a day after I posted this. Comedy Central was one of them, and I've seen all of the new season episodes. I'm not sure how anyone else has felt, but I haven't really found much of it to be all that great. It's sorta like new Simpsons, it's not as bad as some say it is, but it's far from being as good as it used to be.

Ironically, my provider added 50 or 60 HD channels about a day after I posted this. Comedy Central was one of them, and I've seen all of the new season episodes. I'm not sure how anyone else has felt, but I haven't really found much of it to be all that great. It's sorta like new Simpsons, it's not as bad as some say it is, but it's far from being as good as it used to be.

Really? There definitely were some episodes, especially early on that were kind of lame in the plot department but they were all funny, that said there were some excellent episodes in terms of plot and emotion, like Lethal Inspection, The Late Phillip J Fry, A Clockwork Origin, and the latest episode. I just think it took them some time to settle into a groove having been out of production for so long. Let's see what the rest of the season has to offer next year before we compare it to new Simpsons.

Back
Top Bottom