Fringe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes. S1E14, titled "Ability".

Though the next two episodes looked like "monster of the week" installments when I scanned through, so I skipped them.

I watched all the episodes on hulu, they were all pretty good and stayed on the theme of multi? verses, the observers, the lead actors orgins.

I will try and find that episode on line, if I can. thanks

Season 1 finale:

Bravo to the producers for implementing the Twin Towers in the most creative, least shameless way I've seen in post-9/11 film or television.

What a finish.

The appearance of Leonard Nimoy was a bit eye-rolling after the recent episode with all the Trek references, but I'm intrigued to see what happens next.

I just noticed this in tonight's episode, it may have been in other previous ones too.

Olivia's SUV's license plate is 1R2D21 and the other SUV (Broyle's?) is 1C3P01.

Pretty good episode tonight. "White Tulip" was the name of last week's awesome episode.

I'm almost caught up, just watched White Tulip last night. Very powerful ending. I imagine a show like this has no chance at awards respect, but I think John Noble deserves at least an Emmy/Golden Globe nomination.

I'm almost caught up, just watched White Tulip last night. Very powerful ending. I imagine a show like this has no chance at awards respect, but I think John Noble deserves at least an Emmy/Golden Globe nomination.

His character is great, and obviously he plays him very well. "White Tulip" is just one of those fantastic, all-time episodes for any show--creepy, well-acted, emotional, interesting story.

I'm not really looking forward to this week's musical episode, but whatever.

I liked the blend of 40's style with the modern/futuristic tech.

Anna Torv was great, and nice to see Lance Reddick display those vocal chops on the air.

That's really the only thing I liked about it. (If you like that sort of thing Shakespeare's Titus from 1999 by Julie Taymor is awesome.)

Yeah I saw that in the theatre when it came out. Great film.

I think I'm one of the few people who really liked all of her films.

So does anyone have any theories as to how alternate Olivia was able to open a crack between universes when she (presumably) hasn't been dosed with cortexaphan?

She didn't open it. William Bell did.

Also, you could see that twist at the end coming a mile away.

She didn't open it. William Bell did.

Also, you could see that twist at the end coming a mile away.

I'm not sure Bell opened it. The whole show Walter was saying that Olivia could open it a crack but she didn't have the power to do it by herself. Bell said that they should create a cosmic door jam. Walter said that could work, but Olivia still needed more power and then Bell finally said that he would be the power. That still meant that Olivia needed to open the door.

And yes, the twist was utterly foreseeable. I was hoping for an Alias type season ender.

Bell said that he could open this stuff at whim because of all his traveling back and forth. I think he made the issue of Olivia's power moot. All that was needed was their doorstop contraption.

Spock can do ANYTHING.

/discussion

Duh.

And yes, that ending was absolutely Captain Obvious.

So I'm guessing the part Billy cut out of Walter's brain was the soulless evil bastard part? The part that Walternate obviously still has?

The season finale wasn't anything spectacular, but it was adequate.

Next year will be interesting. I like what an asshole Walternet is.

I absolutely love this show. I knew what was coming a mile away but it made for great tv. Not every show has to have an omgwtfwasthat cliffhanger you know. It's a show worth watching and I hope more people watch it. There's so much going on in every scene that you have to watch it again. Like what's the deal with the color red in the alternate universe?

Anyways, I have to say I like Walternet. What an evil bastard.

I have watched most of this on a 15 inch computer screen
I missed it on TV, I will try to catch the rest on TV

it is one of the better series on network TV.

I have watched most of this on a 15 inch computer screen
I missed it on TV, I will try to catch the rest on TV

it is one of the better series on network TV.

:up:

For what could be really a hokey, pseudo-science show (like SyFy channel), they handle it very well and the acting is quite good.

I hope it survives next season, or that they get a LOST-like finality to it.

Back
Top Bottom