Friday Night Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's so serious, but I'm hooked. I want Saracen to win so bad. I don't like anyone else on the team, but the coach and Saracen are such interesting characters, you can't help rooting for them.

part of me really wants to watch this show just because that kyle chandler guy plays the/one of the coach(es). but i went to see king kong because that dude was in it and that was a huge waste of time.

I missed a few weeks and just got around to watching last nights episode. Sooo good. Never would have guessed I would like this show so much. Is it really like that in Texas? Where people come up the day after a win and worship the coach etc?? I'm so glad the sub QB got the win, and I like that the young female characters all seem to have some depth yet to be explored (besides the being hot thing obviously). I wouldn't mind some more guy eye candy, sorry to see that asshole from LA leave.

snowbunny00774 said:
Is it really like that in Texas? Where people come up the day after a win and worship the coach etc??

I've heard that people are real into high school sports in some small towns. I know in Indiana they get real loopy over high school basketball. Seems a bit much to me, but then again when I played basketball, halftime was a chance to run off and have a smoke.

snowbunny00774 said:
Never would have guessed I would like this show so much. Is it really like that in Texas? Where people come up the day after a win and worship the coach etc?? /B]

did you watch the movie?

way too many close-ups during action-less dialogue scenes. back off, camera man.

I thought she was going to try and seduce him or something. And yeah, I like Tyra, she's cool. I like Lila too, :drool: she's all nice. But neither one of them seem like TV stereotype chicks, which is really cool. Especially for a show thakes place with high school kids.

i have elected to leave this series for later viewing

perhaps on nick at night, or spike, or tnt

everything ends up in tv wasteland, sooner or later

Great show...I'm surprrised how much I like it. I love the music a lot. I hope nothing permanently bad happens to Julie(?)...some good eye candy in this show for sure :up:

I'm a bit behind. Last I saw was I think the episode with the racial tensions.

Julie is cool. I think the interactions between her and her father are the best. I love how he perks up when she starts talking football, hahaha.

I'm almost done watching the first season on DVD - the new season starts this coming Friday.

You all need to watch this show. Everyone needs to watch this show. Everyone who loves quality TV needs to do something ... for god's sake people, do SOMETHING! ANYTHING! to save this show.

(sorry, got a little carried away there. But seriously, it's amazingly good.)

I've been meaning to check this show out for a while. But I've been wondering, is the main focus of the show football, or is it a little like Hard Knocks on HBO, or is mainly just drama?

Back
Top Bottom