Friday Night Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
turn that frown upside down. i didn't mean that in a bad way

just wasn't sure if the others knew.

jesus. they are holding out until may!

heck. April is almost gone

May will be here before you know it

and next thing you know it will be New Year's eve and we will have pissed away another year

and by the way, you will be out of them before you realize what hit you

(end of middle-aged man, semi-rant)

I'm not caught up on the show, so I dare not read much of this thread, but I thought I'd drop in and let you know a rumor that Kyle Chandler is seeking the lead in some awful sounding TV show about dinosaurs by Brannon Braga, who helped destroy the Star Trek franchise with the end of TNG, and all of Voyager and Enterprise. Just a horrible, cynical writer.

Trek vet will run Spielberg's sci-fi dinosaur TV show | SCI FI Wire

This is relevant because I think it could mean he'd step down as the lead in FNL, no?

Has there been announcement that show has set up a finite run? I know it'll be around for at least one more season, but I would read that as an assumption that maybe the show will end after another year or two, and this would not interfere.

One of my buddies just hooked me up with Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD. So this is going to be the next show I dive into.

I'll update you guys as I make my way through it. I might hit up the pilot episode tonight, actually.

Recently it was revealed that the producers' gave their cast the OK to look for other work after the filming of season 5, but S5 has not been confirmed to be the final season, its quite likely given that it'll mark the end of the current deal, and a lot of the original characters leaving, but if the industry players still found that deal to be viable I could see them continuing the East Dillon story.

One of my buddies just hooked me up with Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD. So this is going to be the next show I dive into.

I'll update you guys as I make my way through it. I might hit up the pilot episode tonight, actually.

Took me over a month to get going but I'm five episodes into Season 1 and I love it. Really good shit. For y'all that know me, this will not be a surprise, so I'll spare you the in depth details about how I'm close to head over heels in love with at least two of the girls on this show.

The in-game football stuff is often ridiculous and unintentionally funny, but I like it. I couldn't help but cheer (and laugh) at the end of the pilot episode when Saracen was fuckin scrambling back to his own 15 and unleashed an 80 yard bomb for the winning touchdown with no time on the clock! HaHA! That was great. They make it very easy to root for this team: Saracen and Coach are very likeable guys. And some of the other players, too.

They also won me over when they used a great Pearl Jam song at the end of the 3rd episode.

For once, though, when it comes to these teen dramas, I want to see a young high school couple that is actually faithful to eachother and doesn't cheat. Like how cool would it be if Lyla actually stuck with crippled QB dude the whole time and didn't actually go off and cheat on him with Drunk Playing Golf With Beer Cans dude? I'm going to write one of these soap-operay teen shows one day where there's a couple that doesn't go around fucking everybody else in sight.

Cool show.

:applaud:

FNL always uses awesome music, I want to find out who their music supervisor is and hang out with them.

I suspected that was the episode he meant. That was a great hour of TV. Zach Gilford deserves a lot of praise for his acting in that one.

... yeah, I know. I figured as much when Dalton said "most recent episode," since the DirecTV season ended months ago.

I have always loved Saracen, and Gilford's acting, but damn that was the most gut-wrenching episode of a network drama I have ever seen, topping Mark Greene's last episode on ER and the FNL S3 episode where Joe hits JD. While watching it I couldn't help but think that since Gilford is technically a guest star this year, maybe that would help FNL finally score a big Emmy, some sort of vindication... but it would almost be better if the show didn't win any, befitting the best series like these that get ignored by over-hyped awards.

ABC recently picked up syndication for the show to start in the fall on ABC Family, one can only hope that reruns will bring in more viewers for Season 5 and convince them to extend the show.

Also, loved the connections to old seasons with the mention of Smash and Lyla's appearance. That said, I am pissed that they just abruptly ended the relationship of Landry and Tyra though, they could have just had them have an off-screen relationship, after all that build up, the characters deserved that.

Their arc together at the second half of S3 was :sad:, but you know, the heartwarming kind, same with the emotional moments she shared with her mom. I hope we get appearances or mentions of characters like her, Saracen, Street, Smash, etc next season.

Also, can we please tell the writers to find a way to bring Mama Smash back onto the show... she's a nurse isn't she? Can't she be the school nurse at East Dillon or something?? :pray:.

Back
Top Bottom