Friday Night Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Football is the backdrop for the drama, yeah. It's really about small town people - some are from dysfunctional families, some aren't. Football is a way to tie the storylines together, cause everyone in the town has football in common. I'm curious to see what the show will be like during baseball season.

Ayup. It's not just about football - it's about families, friendship, growing up, all that good stuff.

It's starting up again this Friday night on NBC. I think it's on at 9 EST/PST.

And there's definitely football action in it. :wink:

I heard that a lot of fans freaked out when that storyline leaked.

I'm skeptical, but so far the writers haven't given me any reason not to trust them.

Yeah, I had a hard time with that plot line. I know these kids are supposed to make dumb decisions, but I don't think any kid would be that dumb, let alone the son of a cop. You don't just dump a guy in a river, not to mention they had plenty of evidence of self defense. I think it was a poor decision on the writer's part.

Rest of the episode was great. They seem to be maturing the themes with what you'd hope for a second season. Lyla as the stereotypical annoying Christian could get real old real fast. I like Street's tension as a friend-coach, and the adjustment to the new head coach. Once again the family scenes are dead on.

I caught last night's episode out of curiousity, and found it to be one of the most emotionally gripping shows I've seen in a while. I'll definitely start paying more attention to it in the following weeks.

It's definitely picked up from the questionable start to the season.

I'm in agony for poor Landry.

I know her mom totally humiliated her, but I'm still loathing Julie.

Oh, and why does that English teacher in the middle of this have Morrissey's hair?

The teacher is John From Cincinnati. In fact, if they were to adapt him as that character into Friday Night Lights, it would make as much sense as that stupid show did in the first place. Ugh.

I like last season better, but this season is still pretty good. It's hard to actually imagine that some of these kids are really in high school, like Riggin's sittin around drinking all day, but the show itself is great.

You know, aside from being white trash, having no parents to speak of, being below the povery line and all that - he does live the life, doesn't he? Sit at home and drink all day, then go pick up hot chicks, play a little football, hang out with the little kid next door, get someone else to do your homework.....yeah, not so bad a life.

Discover a meth lab out back at your new roommate's place...

Riggins is :drool: to look at, anyways.

CRAP, I forgot to set my VCR! I'm not going to be home until maybe 9:30 .... :(

I never thought I'd be grateful for those horrid "if you just joined us" spots where they catch you up halfway through the episode.

I got home in time to watch it - yay!

That scene at the station between Landry and his dad broke my heart.

Julie still needs to die. Whiny little snot.

I worship the first season, but I need to take the time after the semester is over to catch up on season two, I've only seen the premiere.

Pick up the first season, it's very reasonably priced MSRP is $29.99, most places like Target sell it for $19.99, same price as a new release movie for 22 episodes of a full length drama is a steal, particualry for a show this good.

Back
Top Bottom