"Freaks and Geeks" Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I loved "Freaks & Geeks" and wrote angry letters and cursed NBC for jerking the show around and then cancelling it. I second that Nick's serenade was one of the most amazing and painful moments ever. It's funny to think that Jason Segel has ended up being the biggest star from the show.

Anyone who hasn't seen it, get the DVDs!! "Undeclared" was similarly awesome and also tragically short-lived. Jason Segel was perfect as the intense older boyfriend.

I loved that show, but I kind of quit watching it after the first four or five episodes during its original run on TV because it kept getting pre-empted and moved around the schedule. I can't remember if I got tired of trying to find it or I just figured it would get canceled shortly so what was the point of getting emotionally attached? Turned out I was right. :sad: Thank God for Netflix!

I went to high school in the early '80s in the Midwest and I was a geek who had freak friends. It was almost like the writers were copying from my old diaries! I can't get over how real and three-dimensional the characters were - especially Lindsay and Sam and Kim.

I always say Paul Feig must have been the real genius behind the show because I hate Judd Apatow's movies.

After hearing about this series for years now, I finally watched it over several days last week, and it was amazingly great. It has probably shot up into my all time top 5 shows. Rather than fill this post with superlatives, I'll just say that I judge quality entertainment by its staying power. I finished it Friday night, and it's stayed with me, I'm still thinking about it a lot. I'll probably do a rewatch soon.

If any of you still haven't seen it, go, watch it now!

Laz, I didn't know you were a Gilmore Girls fan, that's another of my top 5.

From the upcoming PaleyFest.....ten year reunion.

Freaks & Geeks / Undeclared (Saturday, March 12 at 7:00 p.m)

Moderator: Judd Apatow

* Judd Apatow , Executive Producer Freaks & Geeks ; Creator / Executive Producer Undeclared
* Paul Feig, Creator / Executive Producer Freaks & Geeks / Director, Undeclared
* Linda Cardellini, “Lindsay Weir” Freaks & Geeks
* John Francis Daley, “Sam Weir” Freaks & Geeks
* Martin Starr, “Bill Haverchuck” Freaks & Geeks
* Samm Levine, “Neil Schweiber” Freaks & Geeks
* Seth Rogen, “Ken Miller” Freaks & Geeks / “Ron Garner” Undeclared
* Busy Philipps, “Kim Kelly”, Freaks & Geeks
* Jason Segel, “Nick Andopolis” Freaks & Geeks / “Eric” Undeclared
* Joe Flaherty “Harold Weir” Freaks & Geeks
* Jake Kasdan, Director / Consulting Producer Freaks & Geeks
* Jay Baruchel, “Steven Karp” Undeclared
* Monica Keena, “Rachel Lindquist” Undeclared
* Carla Gallo, “Lizzie Exley” Undeclared
* Timm Sharp, “Marshall Nesbitt” Undeclared
* Christina Payano, “Tina Ellroy” Undeclared
* Jarrett Grode, “Perry” Undeclared
* Kevin Rankin, “Lucien” Undeclared
* Plus additional members of the casts & creative teams

Waking up bleary-eyed, I read this thread title as 'Frakes and geeks', so I'll just assume it's about that.

7plaV.jpg

Back
Top Bottom