Frank McCourt gravely ill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
:(

Frank McCourt gravely ill, brother says - Yahoo! News
Frank McCourt gravely ill, brother says
AP

By HILLEL ITALIE, AP National Writer Hillel Italie, Ap National Writer – 39 mins ago

NEW YORK – Frank McCourt is gravely ill with meningitis and is unlikely to survive, the author's brother said Thursday.

Malachy McCourt said that his 78-year-old brother, best known for the million-selling "Angela's Ashes," is in a New York hospice, "his faculties shutting down."

"He is not expected to live," said McCourt, himself an author and performer.

Frank McCourt was recently treated for melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer, but his brother says he had been doing well until about two weeks ago, when he contracted meningitis.

"He was out and about, being active, doing talks and so forth," Malachy McCourt said.

I just read that on Yahoo, so sad. I knew that he had melanoma but this is just awful

I saw him speak once at a local college and was lucky enough to get his autograph in my 'Tis book. It was a small room and he read a bit from his upcoming fiction that never was published as far as I know. This was a few years ago. My mother got a DVD of this PBS special he had recently about Irish pubs, we watched it together and he was so funny and charming.

I think I might read Angela's Ashes again. I'm so sad he's gone. :( When I went to Ireland a few years ago we took a train from Dublin to Limerick to catch up with a tour that was taking us to the Cliffs of Moher. Seeing the Cliffs was breathtaking but I can't leave out Limerick as a highlight of that day. We just drove through it but that was good enough for me. The bus driver told us that Frank's lanes are long gone but they did take us to a spot that has a few lanes left. I don't remember anything else about Limerick but being able to see the lanes.

RIP Frank McCourt

Back
Top Bottom