FlashForward: The Most Politically Insightful Show on TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, i'm enjoying it. i was a little unsure at first. the lead character is a little too intense for me sometimes. but the hole bowel movement/mouth to mouth thing was pretty hilarious.

If there's a charming and attractive young female lead I will probably start watching it.

Do you watch Mad Men?

Because Roger Sterling's new wife is in this show as well, and straddling some guy within in the first 10 minutes of the show.

You know, if that's your type of thing.

fastforward_list_gallery_primary.jpg

Ok ok ok-

So the kid in the Somalia flashback didn't pass out, the crows died and the big smoke stack he sees in the distance - was that a gas coming out of it because it was kind of bird shaped... spirits? Bizarre.

I'm still watching. It's a good sign that I got hooked on a new show and didn't give up after one or two episodes. :up:

I figured you'd like this, Cori. Joseph Fiennes and his female co-worker were giving off a Mulder/Scully vibe with the believer/skeptic pairing, and the Nazi prisoner and Somalia stuff reminded me of the global conspiracy scope of The X-Files.

I still feel a little burned from the way the X-Files turned out, so I'm automatically put off if something gives me an X-Files vibe (which is why I have avoided Fringe, despite all kinds of raves).

So far, I don't get that vibe from Flash Forward, at least with the characters - the Somalia stuff and Nazi guy, yes.

I'm still watching. It's a good sign that I got hooked on a new show and didn't give up after one or two episodes. :up:

The second episode bored me a tad bit until the end, but last week was excellent.

As for Fringe, it was getting better and better but I didn't have time to watch it last year, I was pumped to catch up on DVD but couldn't find it for a decent price, and FOX has pretty thoroughly killed it by moving it to Thursday, oh well.

4 episodes in, i still like it. my only complaint though it that i am in no way attached to any of the characters. any of them could be killed off, and i wouldn't really care. hopefully the storyline makes up for what seems like a weak cast.

i thought last night's episode was really fucking good. i won't spoil anything for those that watched it, but wow. great stuff. i'm starting to like it more and more.

4 episodes in, i still like it. my only complaint though it that i am in no way attached to any of the characters. any of them could be killed off, and i wouldn't really care. hopefully the storyline makes up for what seems like a weak cast.

Yeah, I feel nothing for the characters.
I think the story is very interesting and has TONS of potential.
But, if they don't write better dialogue and quit with the stupid "music videos" (which seem to be mandated at about the 38 minute mark) soon, I may give up.

I don't think of FlashForward as an X-Files-type show, more like LOST-lite.
Lost had the luxury of really building characters, FF seems to be racing so as not to be canceled.

Mark

That blue hand S&M club thing had me laughing out loud it was so ridiculous. And I love how they brought in a well-known face from one genre show to get geek viewers excited, and then they do it again last night. Guess what? Those two can't save this show.

This the only show I can remember watching strictly for the plot. I just want to see what happens; I really have no interest otherwise. And they just blew the biggest emotional payoff by sticking at the end of last night's episode. Gotcha!

I enjoyed the rest of it, but the blue hand club was really the centerpiece of the episode, no?

The climactic scene with Al was well-done.

Back
Top Bottom