Fear The Walking Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really hope we hear about the wider picture of what happened to the rest of the world, like maybe some news snippets or something

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Totally digging it. They will need to establish the characters first before anything crazy happens but the first episode has me hooked. So does the Johnny Depp look a like :love:

It's already been renewed for 15 next summer

Totally digging it. They will need to establish the characters first before anything crazy happens but the first episode has me hooked. So does the Johnny Depp look a like :love:

That's funny. My gf also remarked about how Nick looked like Johnny Depp, but said Johnny was better looking. :wink:

I'm hooked too, but I'm an easy mark. I'm one of those freaks who actually enjoyed Season 2 of True Detective. :wink:

Just read somewhere that the Johnny Depp kid character's real life father plays Stannis on GOT. :lol:

Guess im going to be hooked too. Zombies, flesh eaters, etc., right up my alley:macdevil:

So do they just show the early outbreaks and how people initially react all the while never really going into a possible explanation as to how people became infected?

From what I've seen
the flu vaccine is the cause of the outbreak and will be part of the show.

Characters are meh, but I am liking the story.. and the zombies.. and the bloody shots to the head.

Characters are meh, but I am liking the story.. and the zombies.. and the bloody shots to the head.

Yeah, the Zombie headshots have been good. I see what they're doing with the Travis character. He's anti guns and all that...for now. His character will probably have quite the evolution. Same thing, I'm sure, for Alicia. So, they're just playing the role of passive and naïve for the time being. :wink:

Yeah, why is it six episodes? Not exactly a season.

And, can we just take like a minute and question why it took the characters in TWD almost two seasons to realize that everyone turns, regardless of being bit? That info seems to already be out there in this one.

Yeah, why is it six episodes? Not exactly a season.

And, can we just take like a minute and question why it took the characters in TWD almost two seasons to realize that everyone turns, regardless of being bit? That info seems to already be out there in this one.

-Because the doctors had people die from stuff like gunshot wounds and then watched them turn. The doctors knew before anyone else.

-I just read something about a 2 season commitment. That's why the short first season. Next season will feature 15 episodes.

I really want to like this show, but I'm not into it.

I wanted to see the world fall apart, not just a time jump to the quarantine. We know, how it ends. Let's see what happens when the Internet and electricity are down, supermarkets are looted and empty, gas stations running out, etc. Isn't that what this show should be about? I dunno, the parent show is such a huge success but this show seems to have a budget of a crappy Syfy show. The riot had like 10 people, the quarantined area has like 5 inhabitants, zombies come one by one, etc.

The rest seems so clichéd, evil military that really do the best they can, guy happens to be a torturer and jumps right into that, goody two shoes learns the danger of the world, wifey supports torture. Etc, I can see all this happening, but not in like 3 episodes where nothing really happens. We get the interpersonal drama, but nothing of the world as we know it ending.

Anyways... just bugs me because it really has potential, but it's just so meh.

I'm looking at the first season as more of a six part pilot than a first season per se. I'll admit, I've only found Maddie and Daniel to be likable, but yesterday's episode kind of turned the tide for me. Several of the main characters became more likable. Travis, Alicia, and Chris had turning points. I don't think Maddie supports torture, but she understands that it might have to be used. Daniel and Griselda were good people who were forced to do bad things to survive. Griselda was admitting such when she was on her deathbed and talking to "death" as it came to get her.

-Because the doctors had people die from stuff like gunshot wounds and then watched them turn. The doctors knew before anyone else.

-I just read something about a 2 season commitment. That's why the short first season. Next season will feature 15 episodes.

Yes I understand that, I'm just saying there was a whole lot of people in TWD that came and went. Like, lots and lots. From different places. Not a single one of them either witnessed it or heard by hearsay...

It was a pretty big revelation in TWD.

:yawn: :sad: I want to love it but mehhh the characters are blah and its too slow for me. Hopefully the next season will show more of power going out and looters and more zombies and more gore.

2 more weeks until the real show :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom