Fear The Walking Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, dude, I was just curious. You consistently jump to conclusions and you're consistently wrong.

So wait, you just asked me a second time (with a very clearly charged intention, don't try and play it off).

After, what?

Obviously, the show exists simply to piss people off. Looks like it's working. Another FTWD viewer bites the dust.

That?

So this confirms you no longer being a FTWD viewer, right? :lol::lol::lol: You should email the creators of the show with your grievances.

Oh and this one. Which was directed at me!

Don't try and turn this on me. You're being strangely defensive of a television show.

You're being strange, period. I asked you twice because you didn't answer the first time. We are talking about the show, and I was curious by your response to the finale if you were going to tune in again. I did so in a joking fashion. Hence the :lol::lol::lol:. The other response that wasn't completely directed at you but also at that other person who indicated their reaction to the show. They didn't mess around. They said they wouldn't watch again.

No, you didn't ask that. You implied that I was no longer a viewer because I was annoyed with the episode. And, with mocking sarcasm, told me to basically quit bitching/piss off. But all "jokingly."

How are you going to pretend like none of what you said was implying something?

Perception is reality for some. Keep in mind, my name is MrPryck2U. I still think you should contact the creators with your grievances. You certainly weren't alone. The comments on Facebook for the show were hysterical. Tv is after all, entertainment, which is escapism. And if one finds something terrible and utter garbage, etc. why bother tuning in again. I sure wouldn't. If I watch a show, and I don't like it after the first episode or season or whatever, I'm gone. I won't go on the internet and tell the world how bad it was, I'll just no longer watch. But, there are plenty of folks who choose to do that and sometimes it can be funny and entertaining and sometimes it can be annoying.

And there are some people who are fans of the television show. Some people who are fans of the escape. Some people who enjoy the show enough to a point where they can be disappointed.

Much like my criticism for the show, you seem to take the view that if you found it bad, you'd kill yourself on the spot. I think I'll live to see another episode, thanks.

I thought the finale was good enough. It may eventually come to a point where i tire of all these zombie shows, but that hasn't really happened yet, not in the way that i would be tired of the CSI, NCIS franchises, or all of those ridiculous talent/singing/dancing/reality type shows that i never watch anyway.

Yeah I'm not really seeing what's so bad about this show to be honest. If characters didn't make stupid decisions horror movies/shows would not really exist.

Is it the best show on TV? No. But its nowhere near the worst and its been entertaining so far.

For what it's worth, I don't think the show as a whole is bad. I think it's quite alright. Just had that one major criticism.

I think for me it's mostly that I was expecting something different. Like I said I wanted to see everything fall apart, but instead we got another group on the run, basically TWD:LA and I just don't see the point of that.

I find it so aggravating because it had potential to be a great show and I wanted to love it, but it turns out it's average at best. So my disappointment is definitely a part of my harshness. But I maintain that the suicide, torture and unleashing the zombie horde were absolutely ridiculous plot points. And I still think the writers needed to rewatch season 1 of the original show. I've seen bits and pieces of the rerun now and it's just so much better! The parent show has plenty of issues later on too, but season 1 was outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

With 6 episodes for the first season, it just didn't seem like enough time to expand on everything. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with 16 episodes.

That is true... it does seem like they ran through the actual apocalypse happening... way too fast. Hopefully they continue to run into stuff like that last establishment from episode 6, where sometimes things are secure and sometimes they're not. Give it a sense of... stability.

This post is dedicated to Lucky. You can re-read some of his classic posts in this thread. And certainly one that will really blow your mind. Ah, the internet can be your friend and sometimes...not so much. :wink:

Coming soon, my thoughts on the first episode of season 2.

You're the sports fan equivalent to a tv critic if you don't understand the valid criticisms of this show.

Which is why I'm excited to face your Isles.

You're the sports fan equivalent to a tv critic if you don't understand the valid criticisms of this show.

Which is why I'm excited to face your Isles.

Yeah, should be a fun series. If the Isles don't get out of the first round, Capuano should be fired.

Your "valid criticisms" are simply your opinion. Which, you're certainly entitled to. Keep in mind, it's a tv show designed to entertain. Nothing more, nothing less.

Your "valid criticisms" are simply your opinion. Which, you're certainly entitled to. Keep in mind, it's a tv show designed to entertain. Nothing more, nothing less.

I never said they weren't my opinion? You're brushing my opinion off as asinine, when many people agree. Just not so many here specifically.

A criticism of a tv show is usually an opinion ;)

Well, I officially change my opinion of all of the characters. Dumb as fuck. Perfectly secure plot of land. On an island. Apparently even has some electricity.

Only a couple hundred walkers to deal with, and the daily beach flow that's pretty easy to take care of as per example. Even being on an island, they have tall rocks surrounding half of them, and fences fences fences! They can literally set up camp in pure comfort.

God dammit. How irritating. Yeah let's get back on the water.

Sure, they can set up camp in pure comfort. But, for how long? Yes, you might be able to control the walkers, but it's the people who could overtake you. We still don't know how the luxury liner was overturned or who did it.

Sure, they can set up camp in pure comfort. But, for how long? Yes, you might be able to control the walkers, but it's the people who could overtake you. We still don't know how the luxury liner was overturned or who did it.

So, what? It's the apocalypse. Do you stand your ground and defend, or keep on the run and defend?

What could possibly be BETTER than the situation just presented to them?

Also, I thought it was absolutely hilarious that they were running like hell from the island when roughly one to three walkers presented themselves.

I'd get out of there and find a better place. One where you wouldn't have to do much defending. Against walkers or people. But, as we know, that's probably not gonna happen. Madison noticed the light on. Do you know how many others will notice a light on from far away too? Fences might slow down walkers, but people can just cut them down. They need to find a spot that's more secluded.

You have to understand this is still fairly new to them. They're thinking there has to be a better place.

I'd get out of there and find a better place. One where you wouldn't have to do much defending. Against walkers or people. But, as we know, that's probably not gonna happen. Madison noticed the light on. Do you know how many others will notice a light on from far away too? Fences might slow down walkers, but people can just cut them down. They need to find a spot that's more secluded.

What is possibly better than an island? Who says they're going to have to do much defending? Don't you think, as time goes along in the apocalypse, less and less people will be on boats?

You guys are telling me that we mistake FTWD for TWD. I think it's you guys who are mistaking the two. It took far longer in TWD for all other humans to be evil killers. Now, we are like a couple of days into this and you can't hide out on an island because every boat is going to have vicious killers on it.

Well, at the end of the last season of Fear, the people weren't exactly gathering around in large circles singing Give Peace a Chance. There was chaos. You can't exactly trust fellow humans. This group isn't even sure about Strand's intentions. An island is a place where you could be trapped with no escape. I would definitely seek another area for safety. Who is to say there will be less people on boats as time progresses? I can't recall seeing a boat or even a coastline on the original Walking Dead.

Back
Top Bottom