Fear The Walking Dead - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station

Old 09-28-2015, 12:47 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:41 AM
It doesn't help that half of the characters are undeveloped and look exactly the same.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:06 PM   #32
The Fly

Local Time: 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
I don't think Maddie supports torture, but she understands that it might have to be used. Daniel and Griselda were good people who were forced to do bad things to survive. Griselda was admitting such when she was on her deathbed and talking to "death" as it came to get her.
I get that, but what bugs me is that an episode and a half ago they couldn't agree on killing the neighbour who had turned and now they're into torture? I can totally see them getting there eventually, but the characters don't know what we know. They don't know what the world out there is like. Even all knowing torturer, who's had to do awful things to survive, doesn't know. They've seen some people turn and a tiny riot and now they live in a little gated quarantined community.

They have doubts sure, like seeing the people in the house across the city being shot, the sick being taken away, etc., but it's quite a jump from doubting if all is as it seems to full on torture of the first soldier they can get their hands on. I just don't buy it I guess is what I'm saying. We needed to see the world fall apart to understand the characters.

I don't find any of the characters particularly unlikeable. But again, I am not so interested to find out if all the kids can get along or not, I want to see what's happening out there. That is what they teased us with, see how it all began, not watch a family struggle through a complicated time in their life while the world happens to end.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:19 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:41 PM
This is one of the worst shows ever. It superficially resembles television, but nothing quite coheres.

The characters aren't so much unlikeable as incomprehensible. Say what you will about the flagship show (and I do), but you're never in much doubt as to what makes Rick tick.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:23 PM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:41 AM
It just started lol. I'm pretty neutral on it. I'm a fan of the construct, but not necessarily the writing.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:14 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:41 AM
One of the worst shows ever !?! OMG! Gag me with a fuckin' spoon. Please. I've seen worse.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:29 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Well I have to draw the line somewhere. One of the worst shows ever, that I've allowed myself to watch.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:36 AM   #37
Blue Crack Supplier

The clothes the drug-addict kid is wearing, those are the same clothes he stole off the old guy in the hospital room in the first episode, right? I realize he's fucked up and all but he hasn't changed his clothes at all?
Old 09-29-2015, 10:24 AM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
The clothes the drug-addict kid is wearing, those are the same clothes he stole off the old guy in the hospital room in the first episode, right? I realize he's fucked up and all but he hasn't changed his clothes at all?
That's funny. I was thinking the same thing. But, considering he was (barely) wearing a woman's blouse in the first scene of the first episode, the old man's clothes are a step up.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:28 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post
Well I have to draw the line somewhere. One of the worst shows ever, that I've allowed myself to watch.
That's better at least.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:32 AM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:41 AM
Fear the Walking Dead is getting its own spinoff... A web series. If that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 10-01-2015, 03:06 AM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Are you fucking kidding me.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:10 AM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
Fear the Walking Dead is getting its own spinoff... A web series. If that helps.
Yeah, it will be a 16 part series that will tie in with the next season of FTWD. It doesn't say how long each episode is, though. Which makes me think the episodes will be shorter in duration than FTWD.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:56 AM   #43
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma View Post
I get that, but what bugs me is that an episode and a half ago they couldn't agree on killing the neighbour who had turned and now they're into torture? I can totally see them getting there eventually, but the characters don't know what we know. They don't know what the world out there is like. Even all knowing torturer, who's had to do awful things to survive, doesn't know. They've seen some people turn and a tiny riot and now they live in a little gated quarantined community.

They have doubts sure, like seeing the people in the house across the city being shot, the sick being taken away, etc., but it's quite a jump from doubting if all is as it seems to full on torture of the first soldier they can get their hands on. I just don't buy it I guess is what I'm saying. We needed to see the world fall apart to understand the characters.

I don't find any of the characters particularly unlikeable. But again, I am not so interested to find out if all the kids can get along or not, I want to see what's happening out there. That is what they teased us with, see how it all began, not watch a family struggle through a complicated time in their life while the world happens to end.
Totally disagree with pretty much everything you're saying.

They're really not spending much time on showing us if the kids can get along or developing characters at all.

We are seeing how it all began. It just so happens that there are protagonists. Is that a surprise? Sure, we're not seeing what's "out there," but would that's only because they're fenced off. What we're seeing is how quickly law and order broke down and America became a police state (or military dictatorship). I certainly didn't see that coming.

The relatively quick willingness to torture also makes sense. They're living with a man who was a torturer, who lived through a military coup, and he knows the signs. It's not like everyone was into the torture, or even knew about it. The Ophelia was aghast, teacher mom (I forget her name) was against it but was convinced, and her boyfriend was also pretty pissed until he heard the information that was gained from it. Nobody else knew about it. It's not like they had a picnic and the soldier getting skinned was the entertainment. The only person who was into it - and even that's a stretch, since his guilt was powerful - was the man who'd been a torturer.

We don't need to see "the world" fall apart to understand the characters. We just need to see their world fall apart, and we certainly have seen that. The quarantined community is more like a refugee camp, or a prison camp: they have seen soldiers kidnap and assault their family members while not telling them what's going on. They've seen soldiers break promises and that they are being treated as the enemy. They know that civilians are being executed on the streets.

What do you think that they should know that they don't? Here's what they know:

they're basically imprisoned in their own homes by people who are kidnapping their family members and taking them to an undisclosed location for unknown reasons

civilians are being killed in the streets

people are being executed across town

the dead are coming back to live

there is no radio, television, internet.

there are electricity rations.

and oh yeah, the dead are coming back to live and soldiers are kidnapping their family members. they've seen things collapse pretty severely, and it doesn't take much for people to become violent and do things they never thought they'd do.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:57 AM   #44
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
Yeah, it will be a 16 part series that will tie in with the next season of FTWD. It doesn't say how long each episode is, though. Which makes me think the episodes will be shorter in duration than FTWD.
they're going to be around a minute long
Old 10-01-2015, 11:07 AM   #45
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post
Are you fucking kidding me.
you're not honestly surprised by this, are you?