Fear The Walking Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think Maddie supports torture, but she understands that it might have to be used. Daniel and Griselda were good people who were forced to do bad things to survive. Griselda was admitting such when she was on her deathbed and talking to "death" as it came to get her.

I get that, but what bugs me is that an episode and a half ago they couldn't agree on killing the neighbour who had turned and now they're into torture? I can totally see them getting there eventually, but the characters don't know what we know. They don't know what the world out there is like. Even all knowing torturer, who's had to do awful things to survive, doesn't know. They've seen some people turn and a tiny riot and now they live in a little gated quarantined community.

They have doubts sure, like seeing the people in the house across the city being shot, the sick being taken away, etc., but it's quite a jump from doubting if all is as it seems to full on torture of the first soldier they can get their hands on. I just don't buy it I guess is what I'm saying. We needed to see the world fall apart to understand the characters.

I don't find any of the characters particularly unlikeable. But again, I am not so interested to find out if all the kids can get along or not, I want to see what's happening out there. That is what they teased us with, see how it all began, not watch a family struggle through a complicated time in their life while the world happens to end.

This is one of the worst shows ever. It superficially resembles television, but nothing quite coheres.

The characters aren't so much unlikeable as incomprehensible. Say what you will about the flagship show (and I do), but you're never in much doubt as to what makes Rick tick.

The clothes the drug-addict kid is wearing, those are the same clothes he stole off the old guy in the hospital room in the first episode, right? I realize he's fucked up and all but he hasn't changed his clothes at all?

That's funny. I was thinking the same thing. But, considering he was (barely) wearing a woman's blouse in the first scene of the first episode, the old man's clothes are a step up.

Fear the Walking Dead is getting its own spinoff... A web series. If that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Fear the Walking Dead is getting its own spinoff... A web series. If that helps.

Yeah, it will be a 16 part series that will tie in with the next season of FTWD. It doesn't say how long each episode is, though. Which makes me think the episodes will be shorter in duration than FTWD.

I get that, but what bugs me is that an episode and a half ago they couldn't agree on killing the neighbour who had turned and now they're into torture? I can totally see them getting there eventually, but the characters don't know what we know. They don't know what the world out there is like. Even all knowing torturer, who's had to do awful things to survive, doesn't know. They've seen some people turn and a tiny riot and now they live in a little gated quarantined community.

They have doubts sure, like seeing the people in the house across the city being shot, the sick being taken away, etc., but it's quite a jump from doubting if all is as it seems to full on torture of the first soldier they can get their hands on. I just don't buy it I guess is what I'm saying. We needed to see the world fall apart to understand the characters.

I don't find any of the characters particularly unlikeable. But again, I am not so interested to find out if all the kids can get along or not, I want to see what's happening out there. That is what they teased us with, see how it all began, not watch a family struggle through a complicated time in their life while the world happens to end.

Totally disagree with pretty much everything you're saying.

They're really not spending much time on showing us if the kids can get along or developing characters at all.

We are seeing how it all began. It just so happens that there are protagonists. Is that a surprise? Sure, we're not seeing what's "out there," but would that's only because they're fenced off. What we're seeing is how quickly law and order broke down and America became a police state (or military dictatorship). I certainly didn't see that coming.

The relatively quick willingness to torture also makes sense. They're living with a man who was a torturer, who lived through a military coup, and he knows the signs. It's not like everyone was into the torture, or even knew about it. The Ophelia was aghast, teacher mom (I forget her name) was against it but was convinced, and her boyfriend was also pretty pissed until he heard the information that was gained from it. Nobody else knew about it. It's not like they had a picnic and the soldier getting skinned was the entertainment. The only person who was into it - and even that's a stretch, since his guilt was powerful - was the man who'd been a torturer.

We don't need to see "the world" fall apart to understand the characters. We just need to see their world fall apart, and we certainly have seen that. The quarantined community is more like a refugee camp, or a prison camp: they have seen soldiers kidnap and assault their family members while not telling them what's going on. They've seen soldiers break promises and that they are being treated as the enemy. They know that civilians are being executed on the streets.

What do you think that they should know that they don't? Here's what they know:

they're basically imprisoned in their own homes by people who are kidnapping their family members and taking them to an undisclosed location for unknown reasons

civilians are being killed in the streets

people are being executed across town

the dead are coming back to live

there is no radio, television, internet.

there are electricity rations.

and oh yeah, the dead are coming back to live and soldiers are kidnapping their family members. they've seen things collapse pretty severely, and it doesn't take much for people to become violent and do things they never thought they'd do.

Yeah, it will be a 16 part series that will tie in with the next season of FTWD. It doesn't say how long each episode is, though. Which makes me think the episodes will be shorter in duration than FTWD.

they're going to be around a minute long

Totally disagree with pretty much everything you're saying.

They're really not spending much time on showing us if the kids can get along or developing characters at all.

We are seeing how it all began. It just so happens that there are protagonists. Is that a surprise? Sure, we're not seeing what's "out there," but would that's only because they're fenced off. What we're seeing is how quickly law and order broke down and America became a police state (or military dictatorship). I certainly didn't see that coming.

The relatively quick willingness to torture also makes sense. They're living with a man who was a torturer, who lived through a military coup, and he knows the signs. It's not like everyone was into the torture, or even knew about it. The Ophelia was aghast, teacher mom (I forget her name) was against it but was convinced, and her boyfriend was also pretty pissed until he heard the information that was gained from it. Nobody else knew about it. It's not like they had a picnic and the soldier getting skinned was the entertainment. The only person who was into it - and even that's a stretch, since his guilt was powerful - was the man who'd been a torturer.

We don't need to see "the world" fall apart to understand the characters. We just need to see their world fall apart, and we certainly have seen that. The quarantined community is more like a refugee camp, or a prison camp: they have seen soldiers kidnap and assault their family members while not telling them what's going on. They've seen soldiers break promises and that they are being treated as the enemy. They know that civilians are being executed on the streets.

What do you think that they should know that they don't? Here's what they know:

they're basically imprisoned in their own homes by people who are kidnapping their family members and taking them to an undisclosed location for unknown reasons

civilians are being killed in the streets

people are being executed across town

the dead are coming back to live

there is no radio, television, internet.

there are electricity rations.

and oh yeah, the dead are coming back to live and soldiers are kidnapping their family members. they've seen things collapse pretty severely, and it doesn't take much for people to become violent and do things they never thought they'd do.

I agree with her. It seems as though they got off to a more mature start than my suspension of disbelief would allow for. Torturing a soldier after a day or whatever? Cmon. For all they know, the entire government still exists. And they're going to prison for the rest of their lives (or they're committing murder and getting away with it).

I agree with her. It seems as though they got off to a more mature start than my suspension of disbelief would allow for. Torturing a soldier after a day or whatever? Cmon. For all they know, the entire government still exists. And they're going to prison for the rest of their lives (or they're committing murder and getting away with it).

"They" didn't torture the soldier. A torturer did in order to find out where his wife was and exactly what was going on. He explained his motivation pretty clearly. "Once they take you, you don't come back."

Yes, they may think that the government still exists (and it probably does), but it's becoming clear to them that they are being treated like they're the enemy. The junkie son was punched and kidnapped, the torturer was told he'd go to the hospital with his wife and then he wasn't. Travis saw people being executed, and Madison knows the army killed civilians in the streets. The government is not their friend, and by the end of the last episode they all know that.

Remember that Travis still had faith in the army until the end of the show, and Madison was troubled by torture, though it was more knowing it was happening than that it actually occur. That's pretty much ripped from the headlines, isn't it?

Also, they haven't killed anyone. The soldier is alive.

"They" didn't torture the soldier. A torturer did in order to find out where his wife was and exactly what was going on. He explained his motivation pretty clearly. "Once they take you, you don't come back."

Yes, they may think that the government still exists (and it probably does), but it's becoming clear to them that they are being treated like they're the enemy. The junkie son was punched and kidnapped, the torturer was told he'd go to the hospital with his wife and then he wasn't. Travis saw people being executed, and Madison knows the army killed civilians in the streets. The government is not their friend, and by the end of the last episode they all know that.

Remember that Travis still had faith in the army until the end of the show, and Madison was troubled by torture, though it was more knowing it was happening than that it actually occur. That's pretty much ripped from the headlines, isn't it?

Also, they haven't killed anyone. The soldier is alive.

Interesting how you put quotes around "they" and then proceed to say 'a torturer.' Is that his occupation, now? Yes, THEY did. As in, multiple people knew and did nothing about it. That's guilt, by most standards. But you're missing the point..., there's no reason for said 'torturer' to believe that once they take you, you don't come back. All he did was relate an entirely different scenario that he experienced to this experience. At least, there's not reason ENOUGH. If the government lied to you, and you didn't get to go with your wife, would you kidnap a U.S. Soldier and start cutting chunks of his flesh off? Or, if a stranger was doing that in your household, would you not alert authorities? That's absurd, given the apparent situation they're in. Their power has been coming in and out. They're in a quarantine. It's not apparent just yet that they need to be distrustful of the authority to a level in which they can cut sections of people's arms off in order to get information.

And I'm aware he's not dead. What I was saying was that they're willing to kill him, already.

Finale was easily the best episode of the first season. Definitely looking forward to seeing where Abigail takes them.

Ugh that was actually terrible.

This show assumes way too much maturity from its companion show. They've been how many days "in the know" about the disease? And bitch is asking for assisted suicide? I don't care how many patients she's seen. They have no idea what's out there -- good or bad. Treatment or not. I doubt she would go out so fast, so healthy. My ass. It's like the writers forgot that this series was supposed to be about the initial outbreak. Either that, or they think everyone from Georgia is dirt fucking stupid.

So this confirms you no longer being a FTWD viewer, right? :lol::lol::lol: You should email the creators of the show with your grievances. One would gauge that in Liza's professional opinion, being among the infected/zombies is like a lot bad and that her quality of life would be greatly diminished.

Ugh that was actually terrible.

This show assumes way too much maturity from its companion show. They've been how many days "in the know" about the disease? And bitch is asking for assisted suicide? I don't care how many patients she's seen. They have no idea what's out there -- good or bad. Treatment or not. I doubt she would go out so fast, so healthy. My ass. It's like the writers forgot that this series was supposed to be about the initial outbreak. Either that, or they think everyone from Georgia is dirt fucking stupid.

I couldn't agree more. The writers of this show should have taken the time to watch the first few seasons of TWD again.
For all they know this is just a local outbreak. They don't know anything yet. Rick's group travelled all the way to the CDC. Surely that is a more logical step than suicide. The first person giving up in TWD sure was a much bigger deal.

I wanted to see how LA was decimated so quickly and how this horde of zombies came about, but instead I get to follow yet another group of survivors on the run. Why exactly do we have this show in the first place? And we still don't know how it all began. The flu vaccine was implied, but then they forgot about it.
The only redeeming factor was the return to LA for filming and a few more dollars in the budget. As much as I love Vancouver, it makes a terrible suburban LA.

But yes, I for one am done with this show. I gave it the benefit of the doubt, but it's just awful. Too much good TV out there to watch this crap.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Obviously, the show exists simply to piss people off. Looks like it's working. Another FTWD viewer bites the dust.

So this confirms you no longer being a FTWD viewer, right? :lol::lol::lol: You should email the creators of the show with your grievances. One would gauge that in Liza's professional opinion, being among the infected/zombies is like a lot bad and that her quality of life would be greatly diminished.

I'm not allowed to complain? You seem to be doing a lot of unnecessary defending of the show. It doesn't need a defense.

And you've missed my point. Like others have said... it took until the CDC for people to give up all hope in TWD. Now, they're giving up all hope instantly. If this was a real life situation (lol), you better bet every last mother fucker is staying alive until it's obvious they're dying.

You're allowed to complain. I didn't do much(unnecessary)defending. I think in TWD, they revealed that everyone had the virus in Season 2. If people were aware that everyone had the virus early on in FTWD thanks to their awareness of medical information, then they would be more inclined to end their misery as soon as they were infected. They wouldn't have the faculties to do so when they were a zombie. Liza knew she wouldn't be able to find a cure/treatment before she turned. It doesn't seem difficult to understand.

The issue is that you, too, seem to have fallen for the same problem that the writers have.

You've seen too much of TWD. Yeah, she might be aware that she's going to die, but at this stage in the game... not enough days have passed by with the virus being active for anyone to straight up quit. For all she knows, the survival rate is 0.1% and they just haven't seen a survivor of the disease yet.

Not enough TIME in the apocalypse has passed to confirm that there's absolutely 100% zero hope for them. And unless it's 100%, everyone would insist upon trying.

See here you go on the defense again. Why do you care? Yeah, I'm going to watch it. Because I'm a fan of the TWD universe. So what? I think that season finale was utter garbage the way it ended. You consistently seem like you're out to prove to everyone that they secretly love the show because they're going to keep watching it. It's weird man.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom