Favourite Comedians Thread: Just the Place for a Good Laugh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Russell Peters is so funny :lol:
Yeah, he IS good. Apparently, he makes over $20 million a year.

Have you noticed that, since CTV bought up Comedy Network, all the Canadian comedy specials feature the least sophisticated comedians? CTV is deliberately dumbing things down and actual good comedians can't get air time.

Canada used to show great comedians like Greg Morton
YouTube - Greg Morton - Dumb Kids - Lawn Darts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV51r74g-2o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgtOG7XXCKk&NR=1

and Alan Watt (Couldn't find youtube comedy clips of this guy. He was great, but retired from comedy to paint. Fraking corporate Canada gives the idiots all the big breaks.)

I am going to see Rich Fulcher from the Mighty Boosh in LA tomorrow night and next week. He's headlining at the Largo:with special guests: Neil Hamburger (Jimmy Kimmel, Tim and Eric Awesome Show), Chad Hardwick (The Nerdist, Web Soup), The Lampshades (Kate Flannery of The Office and Scot Robinson of Anchorman), Eric Stonestreet (Cameron from Modern Family) and more!:lol:

With the 2012 Melbourne International Comedy Festival winding to a close this week I thought I'd bump this thread. I've seen

Wil Anderson
Wanda Sykes (US)
David O'Doherty (Ire)
Mark Watson (UK)
Dave Hughes
Frank Woodley
Justin Hamilton
Improv show featuring Rove McManus (waaaay different to his sanitised TV personality), Greg Fleet and Paul Foot (UK)
Jason Byrne (Ire)

aaaand I'm seeing Paul Foot's solo show tomorrow night.

Wil Anderson is my favourite comedian ever, because of the way he weaves hilarious stand-up with potent messages and touching stories.

David O'Doherty's the one who plays funny crappy songs on the crappy keyboard, very, very funny (his stand-up is even better)

David O'Doherty at Edinburgh Fringe 2011 - My Beefs - YouTube

Jason Byrne yells and has a lot of energy and does a lot of crowd interaction, which might turn him off a lot of people but I find him extremely hilarious, that's why I've gone back six years in a row.

But I've found a new comedian that I LOVE, and his name is Paul Foot. He was on that stand-up reality show a few years ago, and is instantly recognisable for his defiant mullet and coat, and his very neurotic yet hilarious stand-up.

Paul Foot | 2011 Melbourne Comedy Festival All Stars - YouTube

Re: Byrne, crowd work is so wildly inconsistent that I've grown to completely dislike it. But glad you're having fun regardless. Our inaugural comedy festival starts next week. As if we need another festival.

Yeah, if it's done well it can be hilarious (was tonight), but the best of the best just deliver 60 minutes of brilliant material, belittling a heckler if need be (like on Louis CK's latest).

Back
Top Bottom